• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V Release window confirmed by XboxSupport?

Raptomex

If anything, it'll be announced that it will be released at the end of the year then delayed to early 2013.

Muffdraul

The realist in me thinks it's ridiculous that T2 would do their earnings call and not mention GTA V's release date or even quarter if they knew it was going to be released this FY, and so it's definitely coming after Bioshock Q2 2013.

The annoyingly indefatigable GTA fanboy in me hopes that T2 had no choice in scheduling their earnings call, they *HAD* to do it today for standard bookkeeping reasons or whatever, and Rockstar asked them to not mention anything about GTA V's release yet because they want to do something BIG soon, i.e. day before E3 or whatever. At which point they'll release the second trailer with the Oct 2012 release date at the end.

UrbanRats

The realist in me thinks it's ridiculous that T2 would do their earnings call and not mention GTA V's release date or even quarter if they knew it was going to be released this FY, and so it's definitely coming after Bioshock Q2 2013.

The annoyingly indefatigable GTA fanboy in me hopes that T2 had no choice in scheduling their earnings call, they *HAD* to do it today for standard bookkeeping reasons or whatever, and Rockstar asked them to not mention anything about GTA V's release yet because they want to do something BIG soon, i.e. day before E3 or whatever. At which point they'll release the second trailer with the Oct 2012 release date at the end.

I'm of a similar stance.
Though it's the pessimist in me that sees a 2013 release.

lefantome

They plan to double the revenue in 2013 fiscl year... How can they do that without gta v?
They also said that some announcements are to be made about fiscal year 2013 games and they keep saying tha gta is in full development.

R* will announce gta release date and their share value will rise.

I think the announcment is near, probably before e3

Muffdraul

They plan to double the revenue in 2013 fiscl year... How can they do that without gta v?

What gave me the most hope during the earnings call was when T2 said that 2K releases would account for 40% of their FY 2012 revenue and Rockstar would account for 60%. A caller during Q&A brought that up and asked "How can you reach those numbers without GTA V?" and the T2 rep dodged the question with something like "Well, we do have some not-yet-announced releases coming this fiscal year as well." And meanwhile there's the list of releases that just came out today with GTA V being the only one listed as "TBA".

Or, maybe the Max Payne DLC will be, like, really REALLY good. =P

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I'd love this. End of 2012 has become pretty barren for me. Maybe they're waiting to do a big splashy reveal and so they haven't revealed it being bumped up. *fingers crossed*

Fjordson

All the speculation is making me a bit crazy.

Even if it ain't out until 2014, just put me out of my misery R* and say it isn't coming any time soon =[

Raptomex

All the speculation is making me a bit crazy.

Even if it ain't out until 2014, just put me out of my misery R* and say it isn't coming any time soon =[
This. One trailer...last November. It feels like it was just to fucking taunt me.

megamerican

I think that this fall isn't that ridiculous. If it was going to be next spring then why would Rockstar feel the need to step on MP3 with the GTAV announcement trailer?

It would also explain why all those titles fled into 2013, including Infinite.

jaypah

I'm really looking forward to it whenever it does release. I tried to get into 4 and it just didn't grab me. I bought TBoGT with it too and never got around to playing it because I didn't like vanilla GTA IV. well about 2 weeks ago I got really bored and decided to give it another shot one morning. Man, I was wrong as fuck! GTA IV is pretty damn awesome. I've been chopping away at it whenever I have free time and once I'm done I'm jumping right into TBoGT. sooo glad I didn't get rid of the game last year!

Fjordson

This. One trailer...last November. It feels like it was just to fucking taunt me.
Pretty much =[

I think that this fall isn't that ridiculous. If it was going to be next spring then why would Rockstar feel the need to step on MP3 with the GTAV announcement trailer?

It would also explain why all those titles fled into 2013, including Infinite.
Yeah, that's the thing that is weird to me. The trailer will feel so early if it isn't dropping until next year.

Of course, it could just simply be delayed from an original date of October-November into early next year. R* and Take-Two certainly aren't strangers to delays I'm afraid.

dyergram

I know Rockstar doesn't do e3 normally but if they did whose conference would get them on stage do you think? My money would be Sony.

Raptomex

I need to know when this releases so I can request off work for a week. Paid time off thank god. I'm just too damn excited.

Fjordson

I know Rockstar doesn't do e3 normally but if they did whose conference would get them on stage do you think? My money would be Sony.
Microsoft maybe.

"Two new DLC episodes will be released exclusively for Xbox 360, the only platform where you can get the complete Grand Theft Auto V experience". Shades of Peter Moore in '07. No matter the conference, I don't think we'll see any gameplay.

Interesting post on the GTAForums today :

Take-Two have announced just now that they are readjusting their previous earnings estimate of $2/share for fiscal 2013 to $2.25. Fiscal 2013 ends March 2013.

Bearing in mind that they had a net loss of $0.71/share for fiscal 2012 (and profit of $1.02/share for fiscal 2011), I think it's quite clear that GTAV is out during fiscal 2013 according to their estimates as of today. So that means the game can come out anytime between now and March 2013 - potentially even in 2012 if you look at those optimistic estimates. Last they had $2/share was the year GTAIV came out.

EDIT: Another important fact to highlight is that they are expecting a LOSS of $0.60/share for the first quarter of fiscal 2013 (which ends June 2012). That means the remaining three quarters have to make up for that to end up at $2.25 by March 2013...

Can they really make all that in the first 3 months of 2013 with GTAV? Or does it seem more and more like the game is coming out this year...

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=510823

UrbanRats

They apparently will, this year.
Though i don't know if they'll be at any conference.
Well, at this point the T2's need to do that 2$ share, it's the only thing that still kinda supports a 2012 release.
I'm curious to see (in case it comes out May 2013) what are those unannounced titles that are supposed to crank up their fiscal year.

nick nacc

Banned
gatdam rockstar do a video series like you did for rdr and max payne. i am LITERALLY FROTHING AT THE MOUTH FOR INFO.

...and release rdr for pc

Digishine

Banned
fQj1x.png

From the gtaforums thread.

Edit: this is from the PDF take 2 released today at there earnings conference call Q4

KingKong

no way, we've only had one trailer

I expect a new trailer at E3, another before next year and then launch trailer in March or whenever

Teknoman

Please PLEASE include free aim for GTA V as default, an easy way for MP to be set up, and some really nice and detailed co-op crew missions.

1.They'll announce to release GTA V in October, just like San Andreas did back in the day as a callback to that title. Pubs will think it's legit because Bioshock Infinite was delayed.

2. Even more pubs are scared and delay their games to Q1

3. Come September Rockstar announces the delay of GTA V to the end of the fiscal year, just like with IV

4. Dat masterful trolling

Digishine

Banned
1.They'll announce to release GTA V in October, just like San Andreas did back in the day as a callback to that title. Pubs will think it's legit because Bioshock Infinite was delayed.

2. Even more pubs are scared and delay their games to Q1

3. Come September Rockstar announces the delay of GTA V to the end of the fiscal year, just like with IV

4. Dat masterful trolling

1. YES

2. Oh No

3. Oh nononononononononooooo !

4. Fuck that.

Sean

Banned
The @XboxSupport Twitter account answers literally every question people ask, no matter how stupid. You can ask them something dumb like "I can't find Super Mario Galaxy 2 in the Games on Demand section" or "How come my Wii controller is not working on the 360?" and you'll receive a serious answer back within minutes.

Probably the best customer support I've ever seen, but like most customer support teams they aren't aware of any inside information especially not from a third party. The rep was probably just repeating a rumor he read somewhere.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
There is no way, GTA V comes out this year.

NO FUCKING WAY!!!!!

Petrae

There is no way, GTA V comes out this year.

NO FUCKING WAY!!!!!

So... what else is going to generate the $400-$600 million that Max Payne 3 won't in order to meet revenue projections for Rockstar as a Take-Two label in FY '13? I'm not convinced that a release outside of the holiday window allows enough time for GTA to fill that gap, either-- especially with what's shaping up to be a formidable calendar Q1 '13 release schedule.

It's not a definite, of course, but those revenue projections are an indicator to me that something (else) big is expected.

Don't believe XboxSupport. Their intentions are good but they can be wrong. VERY wrong. They told me MW3 could be played only in "XBOX360 officially supported countries".

GTA IV sold $500mil of product the 1st week.
They could release it March 25th, 2013 and still their reach projected numbers within Q2.

But I need a new trailer. I've watched the first one about 500 times. Shit ain't healthy.

Piggus

Seems a lot of people here are unfamiliar with the way R* handles GTA games. October release for GTA is the norm. GTAIV was the exception due to delays. Just because we've only seen one trailer doesn't mean anything... The lack of info isn't any different from what they've always done. I won't be surprised at all if it comes out this year.

Fjordson

GTA IV sold $500mil of product the 1st week.
They could release it March 25th, 2013 and still their reach projected numbers within Q2.

But I need a new trailer. I've watched the first one about 500 times. Shit ain't healthy.
That's true about the first point. As for the second, I've also watched it way too many times :lol really want some new info.

Top Bottom