• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V Steam store page release date changed from January 27th to Early 2015

If it means a better port, by all means, take all the time you need, Rockstar.

But if you're delaying and still releases a bad port, like with GTA IV, people will get really pissed.

Unfotunately, I'm certain they don't care. If they get the money put into PC development back(and they will)they'll laugh all the way to the bank.

If it means a better port, by all means, take all the time you need, Rockstar.

But if you're delaying and still releases a bad port, like with GTA IV, people will get really pissed.

I'm sure they've already made more than enough from the PS3/360 versions to mitigate that, never mind the PS4/Xone versions. :/

Spaghetti

not going to lie, my interest in playing gtav again is waning.

kinda seen all the new stuff via youtube videos and not entirely sure i have the interest to buy it all over again at a premium

Rockstar's actual site still says Jan 27.

A rational assumption is Rockstar cares so little about the pc version they dont even bother updating their own page with the latest delay. Terrible port confirmed.

I never said it will definitely be a great port because of a delay.

But it might mean that if they didn't delay it, it'd be in an even worse state. Why the hell else does a game get delayed other than for release window concerns?

Integrating stronger DRM

Seanspeed

Banned
Does there need to be?
Well I could also argue that rat infestation of a studio could be a possible reason for the delay, but its awfully speculative unless there's precedent, wouldn't you say?

I just don't know why people have to assume this means they don't care or something when the most likely reason is that they feel it needs more work. People seem so quick to want to believe the worst case scenario.

Well, this may be the truth.

If I recall correctly, the DRM tech that they planned to use got broken a couple months back, right? Maybe Rockstar is implementing a new solution.

Are you talking about Denuvo or whatever was used in Dragon Age?

It was confirmed by someone at Denuvo that it had nothing to do with GTA5 to begin with.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Iraqi-Information-Minister.jpeg

Well I could also argue that rat infestation of a studio could be a possible reason for the delay, but its awfully speculative unless there's precedent, wouldn't you say?

I just don't know why people have to assume this means they don't care or something when the most likely reason is that they feel it needs more work. People seem so quick to want to believe the worst case scenario.

Why are you so quick to believe the best case scenario? Have you seen modern gaming?

They are probably just working out how to make rockstar club work through uplay when launched inside of origin after clicking the steam game.

Max Payne 3 was crazy well optimized and this is the same team handling the PC version according to Rockstar so I have faith in the eventual performance of the port. I hope its not delayed. I'm picking up parts for a new PC tomorrow specifically for this game. If its delayed it's almost certainly for a good reason

Seanspeed

Banned
Why are you so quick to believe the best case scenario? Have you seen modern gaming?
Believing that a delay is because a game needs more polish is not 'best case scenario'. lol

That is why most delays happen. The other common reason for delay is release window competition, which we can safely rule out here.

There is no reason to assume its anything else other than pure cynicism.

RdN

Are you talking about Denuvo or whatever was used in Dragon Age?

It was confirmed by someone at Denuvo that it had nothing to do with GTA5 to begin with.

That's great to hear.

Then, if the delay really comes, we can hope that the time is being used to further polish the port.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Wait, did it ever have a release date on Steam? I don't recall anything but what it says right now.

Don't believe OP's lies, the steam page has never said a specific date, it's always said Early 2015.

Yeah, someone would just make something like that up. You know how silly that sounds? Obviously, I can't prove it because I don't think much about release dates on a Steam store page. It happens very often so I didn't think to myself "You'll be creating a thread on GAF in less than a week that talks about GTA V release date, take a screenshot for future reference"

ELCID777

Neo Member
GTA V on PC is not a port. It was developed in paralell with the console versions and was in development since at least 2011(developer logs & a host of other things revealed). If anything, the PS4/XB1 versions are ports (of the PC version). All other versions were dev loped indepently.

R* just wants to milk console sales as long as they possibly can before going into detail about the PC version. Expect news sometime next week.

Qassim

Yeah, I've checked it quite a few times over the past 2 or 3 months and I'm almost certain it has never, ever listed a specific date for me.

Wildesy

Yeah, someone would just make something like that up. You know how silly that sounds? Obviously, I can't prove it because I don't think much about release dates on a Steam store page. It happens very often so I didn't think to myself "You'll be creating a thread on GAF in less than a week that talks about GTA V release date, take a screenshot for future reference"

Pretty obvious you've confused seeing the release date somewhere else (i.e Rockstar's website) and on Steam. It's never had a specific release date on Steam.

Cut your losses my man.

Fantastical

Death Prophet

I'm almost certain it never said the release date because when it was announced I didn't even know there was a release date announced. I checked the Steam page and it said "Early 2015" it was only recently that I actually knew it had a date.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i dont think it's delayed. too close to the release date to announce a delay.

if they do delay it then they deserve all the hate they get. and god help them if it isn't optimised properly.

Top Bottom