• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAIV PS3 Bundle in Europe?

iceatcs

Well I do think it will coming around Europe. I work for Argos Extra and early I saw the PS3 bundle with GTA4 on the computer list dated 29th.

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"
ivps3bundle.jpg

Swedish retailer Webhallen has today revealed the first image of a new PlayStation 3 bundle which will be launching in Europe alongside Grand Theft Auto IV. The bundle includes the standard 40GB PlayStation 3 console and a copy of the game.

The price listed is 4499kr, which is the same as the Gran Turismo 5 bundle which launched just over a week ago. While availability in other countries has not been announced, this indicates that the GTA bundle should sell for £299.99 in the United Kingdom and €399.99 elsewhere.
http://www.gtagaming.com/news/comments.php?i=1257

KZObsessed

The ghost of Rayne.S returns!!! :lol

Tho I'm not convinced its real, I agree with Jim it's less "sloppy" than some of the official ones but the icons at the bottom look strange to me. With the GT5: P bundle, the rating was next to the "40GB" and "Blu-ray" was in the far corner next to developers name.

Sure they could have just changed it for this bundle, but I'd await for official confirmation, it doesn't look quite right to me. *shrug*

edit: the webpage does look pretty legit tho I must say...

Wow this is good news for Europe. So Europe get a GT5P and a GTA4 bundle. I wonder if they're going to announce a MGS4 bundle for them now? Or have they already?

Tom Penny

Why would MS be pissed. They are still going to sell a boatload more of the game and I'm sure it will push some consoles too.

nubbe

Forsete said:
Sure? I remember them doing so in the past, or Im mixing them up with someone else.
From what I've seen over the years they almost always either use official US/JPN images for preorders and PAL images to represent the product they sell.

Jim

FFObsessed said:
The ghost of Rayne.S returns!!! :lol

Tho I'm not convinced its real, I agree with Jim it's less "sloppy" than some of the official ones but the icons at the bottom look strange to me. With the GT5: P bundle, the rating was next to the "40GB" and "Blu-ray" was in the far corner next to developers name.

Sure they could have just changed it for this bundle, but I'd await for official confirmation, it doesn't look quite right to me. *shrug*

edit: the webpage does look pretty legit tho I must say...

New boxes are supposed to have that new "PS Network" logo displayed along with the Blu-ray one, and this actually does. The old PS3 boxes do not.

This still isn't official until SCEE confirms, and could be a complete fake. But really, the point of the bundle is 100% marketing.

Wollan

Busty said:
M-E-G-A-T-O-N
No. It doesn't mean free GTA4. They charge extra for the GT5P bundle on WebHallen, the standalone PS3 is cheaper so you pay 'extra' for the GTA4 bundle (you save a bit though still).

Xyphie

Luckyman said:
They are giving GTA4 for free. Holy shit..

Not really. A PS3 is around 4000 SEK here and a game 500-600 SEK or so.

Webhallen is also doing a X360+GTA4 bundle. I don't know if it's an official bundle or just a retailer bundle though, but it would seem logical MS would make a bundle if Sony did. It doesn't have a boxart though but that could just be because they haven't recieved the images from Microsoft yet.

http://www.webhallen.com/prod.php?id=85741

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
This only strengthens my belief that GTAIV will sell more PS3's than it will X360's. The X360 version will sell better due to install bases, but the PS3 version will move more systems.

Mojovonio

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
This only strengthens my belief that GTAIV will sell more PS3's than it will X360's. The X360 version will sell better due to install bases, but the PS3 version will move more systems.

That's what I'm thinking too.

DuckRacer

Luckyman said:
They are giving GTA4 for free. Holy shit..
The same thing is happening with MGS4 and rumble in the, um, MGS4 bundle, so after that this shouldn't be big for that particular reason.

But yeah, this bundle as a whole still deserves a "holy shit" reaction. :p It really makes me wonder MS is going to do other than DLC.

Also, Rayne sez:
* PS3 + GTA 4 ---> 1 month after release
* Xbox 360 + GTA 4 ---> Not gonna happen
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10269913&postcount=335

Just so we're clear.

Draft

:lol

Incredible.

MS should just throw in the towel. Release NG2 and then quietly go back to operating systems and office suites.

GeoramA

Wow, that's huge for Europe.

shagg_187 said:
Am i the only one who said "OWWW!! SEXYYYYY" at the box?
Would definitely trade my launch box for that! :)
It's a nice looking box...for a Blu-ray player. :D

Wes

venison crêpe
A GTA4 + MGS4 joint orgasm bundle would get me to make the plunge deep into my wallet. Would this ever happen here in ol Europe? Sony seem to be very bundle friendly at the moment over here judging by the odd thread I see here.

KZObsessed

Jim said:
New boxes are supposed to have that new "PS Network" logo displayed along with the Blu-ray one, and this actually does. The old PS3 boxes do not.

This still isn't official until SCEE confirms. But really, the point of the bundle is 100% marketing.

Ahh I see, well that definitely makes it more likely it's legit. If it is £299 then that's a god damn bargain.

I hope for Microsoft's sake it's not true, since otherwise they fucked up big time.

Seriously, you'd think with the momentum they still have in the US, they'd want to focus their efforts on getting Europe on their side. But no. Smart business move, guys.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Francias Castiglione said:
I'm clearly missing something here.

This is realistically a game that I believe Microsoft wanted Sony to have been nowhere near.

Wollan

Francias Castiglione said:
I'm clearly missing something here.
If MS doesn't come out with a bundle it means Sony will swallow a huge chunk of the GTA adopters.
Big amounts of money was thrown around but in the wrong place.

I AM JOHN! said:
I hope for Microsoft's sake it's not true, since otherwise they fucked up big time.

Seriously, you'd think with the momentum they still have in the US, they'd want to focus their efforts on getting Europe on their side. But no. Smart business move, guys.

Smart....wait, what? It's Sony's smart business move. How did MS "fuck up" by Sony doing something?

Did Hillary Clinton "fuck up" by not being as rad as Barack Obama?

Ariexv

DenogginizerOS said:
There's a 360 + GTA IV bundle on the same website.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Smart....wait, what? It's Sony's smart business move. How did MS "fuck up" by Sony doing something?

Fuck yeah Hillary did. That's what she gets for being all like "I'm in this to win! I will win!" instead of "We can win! We can change!" :(

But in all seriousness, it's like Kev said:
Y2Kev said:
This is realistically a game that I believe Microsoft wanted Sony to have been nowhere near.
With the DLC and the co-marketing deal rumored to be happening in the US, Microsoft's been trying to make GTA4 synonymous with 360, and letting a PS3 bundle come out in a territory that they're struggling in is really going to make all the effort they put in for this go to waste.

BenjaminBirdie said:

MS is in competition with Sony, like in your presidential analogy. Hence, no actions from either side exist in vacuum.

I AM JOHN! said:
With the DLC and the co-marketing deal rumored to be happening in the US, Microsoft's been trying to make GTA4 synonymous with 360, and letting a PS3 bundle come out in a territory that they're struggling in is really going to make all the effort they put in for this go to waste.

I still don't see how they could have prevented it. I mean, I totally see how massive a coup this is for Sony, but I don't see what MS could have done to prevent it.

Y2Kev said:
It's a retailer bundle.

Yeah because they don't count.

Had Sony managed to snag an exclusive custom PS3 design or even get some of the LE extras in with the machine I would tend to agree but these deals are going to be replicated on the 360 at retailer level across the board (possibly even subsidised by Microsoft themselves)

Top Bottom