• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAIV PS3 Bundle in Europe?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
BenjaminBirdie said:
I still don't see how they could have prevented it. I mean, I totally see how massive a coup this is for Sony, but I don't see what MS could have done to prevent it.

I kind of thought the whole agreement was for exclusive marketing and DLC.

And the retailer bundle doesn't count. It's not a widely available product. And you may conjecture that it will be, but I definitely won't make that call before I see it happening.

PhatSaqs

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
I still don't see how they could have prevented it. I mean, I totally see how massive a coup this is for Sony, but I don't see what MS could have done to prevent it.
Outside of getting the game exclusive, there's nothing else to be done. People are acting as if anyone interested in the game didnt already know it was for both systems. You'd think TT just canceled the 360 version or something.

Y2Kev said:
I kind of thought the whole agreement was for exclusive marketing and DLC.

And the retailer bundle doesn't count. It's not a widely available product.

I...never said it did.

And I think the agreement was just for the DLC and, naturally, exclusive marketing for that in late 2008.

Wollan

What they can do is to release a X360 bundle to counteract it.
It's still unknown if those X360 bundle listings are retail bundles or not.

Y2Kev said:
And the retailer bundle doesn't count. It's not a widely available product. And you may conjecture that it will be, but I definitely won't make that call before I see it happening.

I would bet every major retailer will at least offer something similar, it will come down to independent shops that possibly won't.

Francias Castiglione said:
Yeah because they don't count.

Had Sony managed to snag an exclusive custom PS3 design or even get some of the LE extras in with the machine I would tend to agree but these deals are going to be replicated on the 360 at retailer level across the board (possibly even subsidised by Microsoft themselves)

No they don't count because it's a retailer bundle and it's not widespread. It's one online shop. Can you see the difference?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
BenjaminBirdie said:
I...never said it did.

And I think the agreement was just for the DLC and, naturally, exclusive marketing for that in late 2008.

I'm not responding to you, my fault.

I would bet every major retailer will at least offer something similar, it will come down to independent shops that possibly won't.

We'll see.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Fleaswallow.jpg

Goldrusher

BenjaminBirdie said:
What time is it out there in ol' Yurp? I'd expect some PR hastily being typed on many a computer right now.

What country do you live in where Google is banned ?

Simply type "Brussels time" or "Paris time". ;)
Any major city around the world, really.

fortified_concept said:
No they don't count because it's a retailer bundle and it's not widespread. It's one online shop. Can you see the difference?

Webhallen and Play.com at the moment. If brick and mortar shops don't follow suit I'd be very very surprised.

Yeah because they don't count.

Had Sony managed to snag an exclusive custom PS3 design or even get some of the LE extras in with the machine I would tend to agree but these deals are going to be replicated on the 360 at retailer level across the board (possibly even subsidised by Microsoft themselves)
Retailers do so at their own cost.. with Sony's bundle their profit margin is not hurt because Sony cut the deal. The profit margins for GTA IV are very very small.

This is as much about retailer relations as it is promotion.

Goldrusher said:
What country do you live in where Google is banned ?

Simply type "Brussels time" or "Paris time". ;)
Any major city around the world, really.

Wow! It shows it right on top of the page!

Thanks, dude!

El-Suave

In my opinion it's not the same perception wise as a dedicated bundle.

You got to leave it to SCEE - GT bundle, GTA IV bundle, MGS 4 bundle (probably), this is how you sell consoles.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
why are people shocked this isn't on 360? Does everythign have to be on 360?

arguably this is more effective on PS3 anyway, as there are still plenty of people who don't have one, so this bundle will be attractive to them. With the 360 being on sale for quite a lot longer the game will sell more to the existing installed base.

so this is smart for Sony and Rockstar IMO.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I've a hard time believing this is true.

I can believe Sony would want to do this, but I can't believe MS would not have tied up every and any promotional opportunities for GTAIV given their deal with T2.

Remember Shane Kim?

Making sure that we own the launch of Grand Theft Auto IV from a platform perspective is really important.

How do you own that launch?

I think it really is about marketing, right?

So..umm..yeah, I cannot see MS NOT having tied up the exclusive rights to platform-specific marketing on the game, unless they're supremely incompetent.

CoLaN

gofreak said:
I've a hard time believing this is true.

I can believe Sony would want to do this, but I can't believe MS would not have tied up every and any promotional opportunities for GTAIV given their deal with T2.

Remember Shane Kim?

So..umm..yeah, I cannot see MS NOT having tied up the exclusive rights to platform-specific marketing on the game, unless they're supremely incompetent.

...or you shouldn't trust everything they say.

Majmun

I remember being flamed by someone (won't mention any names) when I mentioned the possibility of a GTAIV bundle.

"But MS won't let it!!!" :lol

GTAIV Ps3 bundle would do monstrous numbers, if true.

Ceb

gofreak said:
Or..I don't trust what this site is saying about a PS3 bundle :p

gofreak, ever the eternal skeptic... except when it comes to patent digs and other stuff found by yourself. :p

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Ceb said:
gofreak, ever the eternal skeptic... except when it comes to patent digs and other stuff found by yourself. :p

That's cos I only post what I'm not sceptical about..usually ;) There's stuff I don't post!

It'd be great for the PS3 in Europe if this were true, but until I see some PR I will be a touch doubtful. MS should have all marketing avenues tied up on this one.

gofreak said:
That's cos I only post what I'm not sceptical about..usually ;) There's stuff I don't post!

It'd be great for the PS3 in Europe if this were true, but until I see some PR I will be a touch doubtful. MS should have all marketing avenues tied up on this one.

Sony's been saying they have marketing avenues laid out for a few months now.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was what they were talking about.

tanod

when is my burrito
gofreak said:

1)Consumer watches advertisement for GTA. That gets them in the store.
2)Sees PS3 bundle.
3)Sony wins :p

guidop

Wollan said:
Yeah, they both seem 2 have the same description as well. Different prices though $615 at Big w and $499 at Gamehead

Xbox 360 Arcade console is everything you need to begin playing right out of the box, five arcade games, Halo 3 + GTA 4 and a memory unit. etc.

Jim

archnemesis said:
I found a slightly larger image.

Edit: I got an even larger one (3330 x 2727) if anyone is interested.

Yah... that about confirms it being legit.

Edit: Looks like it doesn't include a DS3, just a Sixaxis.

h3ro

Jim said:
Yah... that about confirms it being legit.

Yeah, no chance of one coming out in NA though? I think it would sell like gang-busters if it did...

Any confirmation of the 299 Pound price point?

Wollan

h3ro said:
Any confirmation of the 299 Pound price point?
You won't get GTA4 for free, keep dreaming :p
The reason the GT5P pack & GTA4 pack cost the same on WebHallen was because they had raised the GT5P pack cost.

Top Bottom