• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTTV Revealing New Sony Game "Very Soon", More

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
AAK said:
Actually, this makes much more sense. Definitely changing my prediction to a PSN game. Probably another Pixel Junk thing? Or something by the developrs of PAIN?
flowest by thatgamecompany

careful said:
Probably a small game. If it was a big announcement they would keep it for E3.
Bingo. It's like GAF are masochists who enjoy being used and abused. The hype train started, GT will get their viewers and The folks will be thrown off the cliff once the train goes off the edge.

wizword

Banned
LovingSteam said:
Bingo. It's like GAF are masochists who enjoy being used and abused. The hype train started, GT will get their viewers and The folks will be thrown off the cliff once the train goes off the edge.
They need to announce a big game soon. If the game is a holiday title. They would want to show more than a trailer in order to get the game win game of the show awards. What games does sony have this holiday?

BeeDog

LovingSteam said:

I mean, in the promo they're mentioning Uncharted 2, God of War 3 and Heavy Rain. I really don't think mentioning those games, then dropping PAIN 2, flOw 2 or Super Duper Rub 'a' Dub would do GTTV any favors. If anything, they'd be shooting their own feet and pissing into the wounds if it turned out to be a small PSN sequel.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
wizword said:
They need to announce a big game soon. If the game is a holiday title. They would want to show more than a trailer in order to get the game win game of the show awards. What games does sony have this holiday?

Im hoping this new game will be Holiday. As it is i have too much to play and the next few months are going to be crazy nuts for me (FFXIII, GOW3, Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid: Other M)

Salz01

wizword said:

GT5

HYDE

Banned
Isn't it pretty much confirmed to be Resistance 3 at this point?

Edit: I think all the bigger games will be saved for other events.

Achtius

HYDE said:
Isn't it pretty much confirmed to be Resistance 3 at this point?

Edit: I think all the bigger games will be saved for other events.

How dare you imply Resistance 3 isn't big.

>=(

Totobeni said:
well it's not a bad thing , many other companies do this , look at Rockstar , Capcom , Ubi , after all using one in-house Engine saves money and time ( this is not last gen anymore , games costs too much ) and it lead to very good results too.

also Bend wasted their time on PSP , so for them to jump to other Sony first party quality ( graphics standard in 2010 ) this will require a big team , Bend is small one , so if they use Uncharted 2 engine then they can skip that and will focus on story and gameplay.

Uh, I think you're confusing a game engine with some mythical "make game now" switch. They would still need to do a ton of work such as create new textures, design new geometry, etc etc. The only things they would get for 'free' with the Uncharted 2 engine would be special effects such as the depth of field and motion blur.

MrPliskin

Banned
Totobeni said:
well it's not a bad thing , many other companies do this , look at Rockstar , Capcom , Ubi , after all using one in-house Engine saves money and time ( this is not last gen anymore , games costs too much ) and it lead to very good results too.

also Bend wasted their time on PSP , so for them to jump to other Sony first party quality ( graphics standard in 2010 ) this will require a big team , Bend is small one , so if they use Uncharted 2 engine then they can skip that and will focus on story and gameplay.

Engine =/= Middleware.

You don't just drag and drop an engine, and then say "hey, now all you have to do is work on art assets and game design!". It simply doesn't work like that.

BeeDog said:
I mean, in the promo they're mentioning Uncharted 2, God of War 3 and Heavy Rain. I really don't think mentioning those games, then dropping PAIN 2, flOw 2 or Super Duper Rub 'a' Dub would do GTTV any favors. If anything, they'd be shooting their own feet and pissing into the wounds if it turned out to be a small PSN sequel.

Well it's not like GK hasn't done that before!

Katana_Strikes said:
SpaceHawk?

StarBird?

SilverHawks!!!
silverhawk.jpg

then Sony Santa Monica can make Thundercats after GoW3 is done:D

cornerman

Lets look at what we have some type of information on...we know there's a R3, KZ3, Infamous 2 in development. Last Guardian is considered by some to be a sequel. Syphon Filter, Twisted Metal are sequels. Starhawk would be a sequel to Warhawk in theory. We're about due for another Motorstorm.

Infamous 2 is out because its too soon. The game came out last summer. We know Last Guardian's coming out and it'd be more of a TGS thing (maybe update at E3?). R3 could work for the venue, but its not really a "surprise". Most people expect Insomniac to make another one. Syphon Filter and Twisted Metal are "sequels" but they're 'new' this gen. I see them saving those for E3. That leaves Killzone 3 and Starhawk.

We've heard rumor that Killzone would be getting some exposure over the coming months, so this qualifies it. Tech-wise I can see it being lumped with GoW3, UC2. They could show it now, but give more insight during E3. I don't think its much of a "surprise" on that though.

Now Starhawk, on the otherhand...Warhawk looked good when it released, and its quite possible its benefitted greatly since its devs have been on hiatus. Don't know Warhawk's sales numbers, but it'd qualify for a "surprise" of sorts. It came out during the "tough" season of the PS3, which is why I could see them not saving it for E3 (though it could make a more extended appearance there). However, if its worthy of being in the pantheon's of UC2 and GoW3...then maybe they would save it.

60-40 Starhawk over KZ3.

FFObsessed said:
Someone summon Geoff Keighly already.

oh I'll do it...

*snaps fingers*

He's probably already keeping an eye on this thread.

Anyway, I was kind of hoping that Dylan or Jaffe would post something on their blog/twitter hinting at this happening. But nothing has gone on from either of them.

Baki

Deepack said:
Don't forget about Agent.

Basically Semi-Confirmed Holiday List:

The Agent
ARC Games
Possibly GT5
Final Fantasy XIV

Speculated Additional FALL games:

Killzone 3
Motorstorm 3
Starhawk
Syphon Filter 5

slider

If it is Starhawk, and I sincerely hope it is, it better be on PSN day 1 too.

Given Liverpool's demise (have I got that right?) I guess there's no chance of a Wipeout installment. If the tweet is to be believed (ha!) WO would fit the bill graphically.

Oh screw it. It's gonna be some PSN title. This is my stop, I'm getting off the train. :|

beast786

Baki said:
Basically Semi-Confirmed Holiday List:

The Agent (No way in Hell)
ARC Games
Possibly GT5
Final Fantasy XIV

Speculated Additional FALL games:

Killzone 3
Motorstorm 3
Starhawk
Syphon Filter 5

There is no way in hell agent is 2010.

RavenFox

Banned
slider said:
If it is Starhawk, and I sincerely hope it is, it better be on PSN day 1 too.

Given Liverpool's demise (have I got that right?) I guess there's no chance of a Wipeout installment. If the tweet is to be believed (ha!) WO would fit the bill graphically.

Oh screw it. It's gonna be some PSN title. This is my stop, I'm getting off the train. :|
Uhmm I think E3 is reserved for StarHawk.

slider

RavenFox said:
Uhmm I think E3 is reserved for StarHawk.

Fair enough! I've acknowledged that it probably isn't too. Doesn't get me any closer to what it is though. Gah, I've changed my mind and am going with Resistance 3. In... somniac we trust.

Top Bottom