• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTTV Revealing New Sony Game "Very Soon", More

KillerAJD

kevm3 said:
I need a new Champions of Norrath in my life.
Oh fuck yes. I absolutely loved CoN! Me and my brother played that shit for HOURS at a time. It was my Diablo on PS2. Although, Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom was kinda the same thing, and apparently wasn't so good. I had fun with the first PSP UL though.

tokewitch

G-police201.jpg

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
So, let's get a little bit more scientific in our investigation.

It all began 4 days ago. After the GOWIII GTTV episode, I guy named Matthew Diment tweeted this:

mattyd128 said:
@geoffkeighley cant believe how amazing God of War 3 looks. Sony's first party developers really seem like they're on another level!

To that, Geoff replied as follows

geoffkeighley said:
@mattyd128 Wait until you see what they are doing next....very soon on GTTV!

From the above, we can state the following as facts:

FACT 1
- It's a 1st party title (Matthew mentions "Sony's first party developers" and Geoff says "they")

FACT 2
- It's technically OMG material (Matthew goshes over GOWIII graphics and Geoff hints at something as least as impressive by saying "wait until you see")

So, a day ago, Geoff pimps the next episode of GTTV by stating the following:

geoffkeighley said:
http://j.mp/b4l06e Promo for this weeks GTTV. Surprise Sony sequel trailer plus ME2 DLC and Mafia 2 trailer.

Here are two more facts

FACT 1
- It's a surprise, meaning it's an unannounced title.

FACT 2
- It's a sequel, meaning... well, not a new IP.

Let's put this facts all together and we get this:

It's an unexpected sequel to a Sony IP developed by a 1st party team which shows some pretty amazing graphics.

Edit - Extra Fact: it's not Resistance 3 (confirmed by developers)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Unfortunately I don't think Geoff is necessarily so fussy about his words that we can really pin it down on the basis of those words.

For example, I don't know if Geoff is necessarily so picky here about sony first party vs sony published...

Or is necessarily so picky about how well the game (technically) stands up to GoW or Uncharted...

Or necessarily - perhaps even particularly - so picky about how surprising this sequel actually is, particularly to gaffers with their ear to the ground...

People have analysed and over-analysed previous teases with much disappointment :p

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
gofreak said:
Unfortunately I don't think Geoff is necessarily so fussy about his words that we can really pin it down on the basis of those words.

For now, let's just assume he is and then bitch later :lol

TheOddOne

gofreak said:

For example, I don't know if Geoff is necessarily so picky here about sony first party vs sony published...

Or is necessarily so picky about how well the game (technically) stands up to GoW or Uncharted...

Or necessarily - perhaps even particularly - so picky about how surprising this sequel actually is, particularly to gaffers with their ear to the ground...

People have analysed and over-analysed previous teases with much disappointment :p
This.

This happens with every 'announcement of the announcement' thread.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
As of now, I think the most most fitting suggestions relative to the facts analysis result are:

G-Police
Medievil
Ghosthunter
Colony Wars
Syphon Filter

slewis7

shagg_187 said:
Hot Shot Sports (includes Tennis, Golf, and much more ala Wii Sports) bundled with Arc. Believe!! :p

Wouldn't any Hot Shots game likely use the Arc motion controller? In that case, it would be announced when the Arc product is revealed.

I would love to see a new Hot Shots Golf game!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
slewis7 said:
Wouldn't any Hot Shots game likely use the Arc motion controller? In that case, it would be announced when the Arc product is revealed.

I would love to see a new Hot Shots Golf game!

Besides, that would hardly be "wait until you see..." game, graphics wise.

Salz01 said:
Do we know what Sony division its coming from? Or just 'Sony'
we just know it's their 1st party dev. Wonder if it's possible for them to make a game from a different IP other than their own but it's a sequel so I doubt it unless it's a ps1 game.

Mikey Jr.

TTP said:
As of now, I think the most most fitting suggestions relative to the facts analysis result are:

G-Police
Medievil
Ghosthunter
Colony Wars
Syphon Filter

Yeah.....

So we go from GOW3 to Medievil? lol.

The only viable game from that list is Syphon Filter.

Corto

So to everyone following the last David Jaffe polemic, he just updated his original post and the most interesting part is bolded:

#4- FOR THE LOVE OF FUCK- Finally, for the people who are like, "JAFFE! GET BACK TO WORK ON YOUR GAME!"...please, let me assure you, I am working very hard. The team is working very hard. Sony is working very hard. We are all busting ass and- even tho we may not agree on these particular legal issues- we are still eager to entertain each and every one of you with what we've got cooking. Just like you, I don't work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Even during my day, I take breaks. But as some of you know, I work at home. So while at your job you may hang in the breakroom with your buddies and chat about last nite's episode of LOST or what game you are playing, I video chat with friends and I blog. Fucking sue me. But the point IS, we are working hard on our game and we're looking forward to showing it to you today on GTTV...oh wait...that's not us :)

http://criminalcrackdown.blogspot.com/2010/03/george-lucas-gonna-sue-somebody.html

So no Twisted Metal sequel latter ;)

DMeisterJ

Banned
So it's not Twisted Metal or Resistance 3

Syphon Filter it is then. :/

Let's talk about what we want from SF5...

I'll start off by saying that the PSP versions were very good, even without dual analog controls, and I'd like something in the vein of that. It was a good mix of action and stealth, and was damn fun. Also, Spies vs Mercs type gameplay FTW since SC: C doesn't have it.

Xater

TTP said:

G-Police
Medievil
Ghosthunter
Colony Wars
Syphon Filter

My mind would explode.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
TTP said:
So, let's get a little bit more scientific in our investigation.

It all began 4 days ago. After the GOWIII GTTV episode, I guy named Matthew Diment tweeted this:

To that, Geoff replied as follows

From the above, we can state the following as facts:

FACT 1
- It's a 1st party title (Matthew mentions "Sony's first party developers" and Geoff says "they")

FACT 2
- It's technically OMG material (Matthew goshes over GOWIII graphics and Geoff hints at something as least as impressive by saying "wait until you see")

So, a day ago, Geoff pimps the next episode of GTTV by stating the following:

Here are two more facts

FACT 1
- It's a surprise, meaning it's an unannounced title.

FACT 2
- It's a sequel, meaning... well, not a new IP.

Let's put this facts all together and we get this:

It's an unexpected sequel to a Sony IP developed by a 1st party team which shows some pretty amazing graphics.

Edit - Extra Fact: it's not Resistance 3 (confirmed by developers)

All I can think of the game being warhawk 2 or infamous 2.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
i am telling you. its heavenly sword 2, cause that would be unexpected wouldnt it, and sony still owns the ip

;p

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Waterstorm (leaning towards :'( ), StarHawk (should be at E3), or Syphon Filter.

comeonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Syphon Filter

*rolls dice*

DAMNIT, got waterstorm

Pachimari

I would absolutely love one of these:

- The Getaway
- Syphon Filter
- Extermination (but that was only published by Sony i think).

But I honestly think it won't be any of these. I think it'll be one of the ones we expect (even though it says surprising).

Btw, how many hours left?

Empty

Damn, that Waterstorm idea sounds awesome, i loved Pacific Rift but that game pretty much covered all the bases for rad off road racing, so going towards water based stuff is a perfect direction to take the series.

Top Bottom