• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTTV Revealing New Sony Game "Very Soon", More

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
darkwing said:
SOCOM is just too hardcore for most players i think, hence the disappointment on the 'reveal'

really it's not that Hardcore..problem is SOCOM full on douchebaggery community will not let any new gamers to actually play the fucking game to be good at it.

and the the disappointment is because many of us wanted something highly forbidden from Bend city , plus the S6 SOCOM titles were so bad so shitty that no one care about them anymore , but this is a Zipper game.

Hex

Banned
McLovin said:
Hopeflully they won't set the mp count too high. Mag as good and all but it wasn't the best looking game out there. I'd love to see a true next-gen Socom game.

Did people honestly expect "the best looking game out there" AND 256 person player online?

Ashes

Banned
Socom has always been the most active online community on the playstation side for as long as I can remember. Last time I heard it was more busy then COD/kz2/Resistance etc. I don't know if mag or uncharted 2 have changed things. I doubt it.
The socom community is its own community.

Korigama

SOCOM 4...a new game in a franchise I never cared about to begin with, further saturating an already overcrowded wartime shooter market. Wonderful. Yet, the sad thing is that I'm sure that I'll be repeating the hype to disappointment cycle all over again someday.

Foil

Some mentioned Socom 4 by Zipper earlier in this thread so I'm not really surprised with it being that. Hopefully they don't change the franchise too much here. I'm excited even if I was kinda hoping it'd be Starhawk or Syphon Filter instead.

I just hope games like Starhawk and Syphon Filter are still coming, though that'll be a lot of shooters to show off at one E3 if the rumours of Killzone 3 and Resistance 3 are true. Then again Syphon Filter is more of an action stealth game, and Starhawk will be unique as well. Screw it, I love shooters. Bring them on!

BlazingDarkness said:
Another military shooter, just what this gen needed!
Meh.

Korigama said:
SOCOM 4...a new game in a franchise I never cared about to begin with, further saturating an already overcrowded wartime shooter market. Wonderful. Yet, the sad thing is that I'm sure that I'll be repeating the hype to disappointment cycle all over again someday.

I don't really understand these comments. Do you guys expect Zipper to go make a Horror game or an RPG or something?

Korigama

Foil said:
I don't really understand these comments. Do you guys expect Zipper to go make a Horror game or an RPG or something?

If I were to be honest, I didn't even remember who they were before now (I never paid any attention to which developer was responsible for the series).

Foil said:
Perhaps they expected something that wasn't from Zipper? (Who after all only just released a game)

J-Rzez

Foil said:
Some mentioned Socom 4 by Zipper earlier in this thread so I'm not really surprised with it being that.

I mentioned it lol.

But yeah, people seem to think that Sony only green lights one game at a time. I'm sure other games are in development, it's just a matter of time until they're unveiled. E3 should be pretty exciting this year.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Foil said:

More like people hoping for something that wasn't yet another shooting game, I guess.

NIGHT-

Korigama said:

I blame gaf for hyping me up for Starhawk/Syphon Filter/Twisted Metal =[

Socom 4! Ahhh damnit I actually let myself believe there was a possibility it was Syphon Filter.

How many people work at Zipper? They have been working on this and MAG in tandem?

DMeisterJ

Banned
MAG is definitely going to get shelved by the end of the year. Good thing I did not buy that game. I would feel like an idiot had I dipped. Really happy I got all my MAG out in the various betas.

You guys treated this topic like E3, it's a random Thursday night Pre-GDC and Pre-E3 and you were expecting megaton announcements? :lol

I'd say SOCOM 4 is a pretty big announcement for a random day of the week out of the blue.

I'm still shocked at those calling this a piss poor announcement.

Dogenzaka

Banned
Psychotext said:
Perhaps they expected something that wasn't from Zipper? (Who after all only just released a game)

You know, we already know Twisted Metal, Resistance 3, Killzone 3, InFAMOUS 2, etc. are likely all coming, so adding SOCOM 4 to the list of upcoming games isn't exactly a bad thing.

lupinko

DMeisterJ said:
MAG is definitely going to get shelved by the end of the year. Good thing I did not buy that game. I would feel like an idiot had I dipped. Really happy I got all my MAG out in the various betas.

qnk54x.jpg

Dogenzaka said:
You know, we already know Twisted Metal, Resistance 3, Killzone 3, InFAMOUS 2, etc. are likely all coming, so adding SOCOM 4 to the list of upcoming games isn't exactly a bad thing.
What about Syphon Filter, or any number of the other, more interesting games people mentioned?

yurinka

Another boring Socom? vadernooo.jpg

They fuck the Wipeout team and continue releasing these shitty shooters? WTF. Sell this fucking studio and buy Ready at Dawn and Quantic Dream.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Psychotext said:
What about Syphon Filter, or any number of the other, more interesting games people mentioned?

If Sony Bend is making a syphon filter for PS3, it's not like they'll pack it in now that Zipper's announced a new socom. If that's happening it's happening, if it's not it's not.

This is silly. What do you expect, Zipper to come out apologetically to announce their games?

I wanted this to be Starhawk - badly - but I know Starhawk's day in the limelight will come.

If you wanna take one good thing from this as a shooter hater, at least you can reckon on the next announcement being less likely to be 'another f-ing shooter' now that this announcement's out of the way.

Anticitizen One said:
socom 4? are you kidding me? How about a REAL fucking game like a new Jet Moto or Sly Cooper 4

yurinka said:
Another boring Socom? vadernooo.jpg

They fuck the Wipeout team and continue releasing these shitty shooters? WTF. Sell this fucking studio and buy Ready at Dawn and Quantic Dream.

What the hell...

J-Rzez

Psychotext said:
What about Syphon Filter, or any number of the other, games people mentioned?

Fixed, for myself, and the many others who love SOCOM and/or Shooters.

And, once again, hard to comprehend by some it seems, but Sony doesn't green light one game at a time. They don't put everyone else on paid vacation while one dev is working on seemingly TWO projects at once. Those games are being worked on, they'll come eventually.

Lagspike_exe said:
What the hell...

See what I wrote above? People can't seem to comprehend the fact that Sony has multiple studios working on multiple projects at the same time. Some are ready to be shown and announced, others are not.

gofreak said:
If Sony Bend is making a syphon filter for PS3, it's not like they'll pack it in now that Zipper's announced a new socom.
My point was that I don't know it's in development, thus my disappointment that it wasn't announced. It's not particularly complicated.

.la1n

Would have preferred a new Syphon Filter announcement but I played the crap out of Socom 2 so this could be a good thing.

Pistolero

Sell this fucking studio

How respectful of you ! What pathetic situations do people endure to be so rude and impolite. people have been busting their asses to get a game done and clueless forumers would stab them because their work doesn't suit their sweet, immaculate, universal tastes...
Really gaf...really ?

Combichristoffersen

Pistolero said:
How respectful of you ! What pathetic situations do people endure to be so rude and impolite. people have been busting their asses to get a game done and clueless forumers would stab them because their work doesn't suit their sweet, immaculate, universal tastes...
Really gaf...really ?

While it's obviously nice for people who like the SOCOM games and/or shooters in general (and I agree that the comment you referred to might've been a bit.. yeah), but it would also be nice to have a wee bit more variety in what games are made this gen, and not get only shooters. Seems like there are far more games involving guns and shooting people in the face than what last gen offered.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Psychotext said:
My point was that I don't know it's in development, thus my disappointment that it wasn't announced. It's not particularly complicated.

That's fair enough. I can understand being disappointed that it isn't game x or game y, if you were hoping to have such a game's existence confirmed.

I just don't get people taking out that particular frustration on Zipper or Socom - this announcement being about Socom doesn't make a syphon filter, or whatever, any more or less likely. Fair enough if they're tired of Socom, or whatever, But if one is shitting on Socom because it's not syphon filter or <insert desired title here>, that doesn't make a lot of sense.

J-Rzez

Pistolero said:
Really gaf...really ?

People are really out there. Considering these are what Zipper specializes in, and it's a premier franchise, it's not hard to understand why they're doing it. Not to mention to satisfy all those people miffed over Conf.

People should be complimenting Zipper for being able to work on two great, different games at the same time. But instead, "Sell them" :lol

Yell at those other devs instead. The devs that make the games that you want perhaps? Not Zipper, who makes "said specialized" games.

J-Rzez said:
See what I wrote above? People can't seem to comprehend the fact that Sony has multiple studios working on multiple projects at the same time. Some are ready to be shown and announced, others are not.

It's not just that, the trolling in both threads is rampant. I'm not sure why, the trailer hasn't even been shown... Even much more controverse games didn't receive backlash like this before almost ANY details showed up.

Empty

Foil said:

I don't expect them to, but it would be pretty cool if they did. Then again, i really want to see Polyphony Digital make an RPG too, so maybe i'm weird. However, it is not unreasonable to want a studio to try different things within a genre, there are plenty of new ways they could tackle the multiplayer combat game without doing the same thing again, to help differentiate themselves from the competition; maybe try a new visual style, that would be nice.

J-Rzez

Lagspike_exe said:
It's not just that, the trolling in both threads is rampant. I'm not sure why, the trailer hasn't even been shown... Even much more controverse games didn't receive backlash like this before almost ANY details showed up.

Of course. People hyped themselves up to get their SF or other franchise and are mad they didn't get it. Others are pissed because they hate the game because they suck at it probably as well.

If anything, this thread should be flattering to Sony, that they have so many IPs that people are interested in. And I'm sure they'll come around in due time.

Pistolero

Combichristoffersen said:
While it's obviously nice for people who like the SOCOM games and/or shooters in general (and I agree that the comment you referred to might've been a bit.. yeah), but it would also be nice to have a wee bit more variety in what games are made this gen, and not get only shooters. Seems like there are far more games involving guns and shooting people in the face than what last gen offered.

I realize the game doesn't cater to everybody, and that is not the problem. It's certain ways of responding that bothers me. Let's recap, will you :
Geoff mentions an exclusive to be announced, not Syphon Filter, not Crash Racing, not Ape Escape...an exclusive being a sequel to a known Sony IP which is impactful and would surprise people. Judging by the outrage some needed the urge to share, it met the latter criterion beyond expectations. What now ? We grab torches and forks and head towards Zipper's location, GTTV locals and Sony headquarters to spill blood because our fantasms didn't materialize ? :D

Nizz

I've never, ever played a Socom game. Neither on PS2, PSP, or PS3. This will likely be my first Socom game.

Combichristoffersen

Pistolero said:
I realize the game doesn't cater to everybody, and that is not the problem. It's certain ways of responding that bothers me. Let's recap, will you :
Geoff mentions an exclusive to be announced, not Syphon Filter, not Crash Racing, not Ape Escape...an exclusive being a sequel to a known Sony IP which is impactful and would surprise people. Judging by the outrage some needed the urge to share, it met the latter criterion beyond expectations. What now ? We grab torches and forks and head towards Zipper's location, GTTV locals and Sony headquarters to spill blood because our fantasms didn't materialize ? :D

Let's do that. Burn the heathens for not giving me us Motor Toon Grand Prix 3 :mad:

DeadGzuz

Banned
fps fanatic said:
I've never, ever played a Socom game. Neither on PS2, PSP, or PS3. This will likely be my first Socom game.

Same here. I think they are going for a full package this time, this will be a big SP game with a real story and chars. The MP will probably be classic SOCOM. This is a TPS response to MW2 I think.

Top Bottom