• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTX TITAN Z announced $2999

I'm sitting here in my office with 90's gangster rap blaring and all I can think is "yeah, if I lived the gangster life, I'd have one of these in my gold tower with fly bitches dancing in the background while I'm sitting in my hot tub getting head from someone that doesn't mind giving head underwater."

Because in no way does my real world ass have a chance at owning this.

This is only going to perpetuate the whole BUT WHY SPEND $3K ON A GAMING PC WHEN I CAN PLAY FROM MY COMFY COUCH WITH MY CONSOLE OF CHOICE mentality, isn't it?

We really shouldn't be seeing that way. You could make the same argument about pirating games. Some people were never going to buy the game anyway. Some people were never going to buy a gaming grade pc. :p

So do places like Tom's hardware get these cards for free for benchmarking or will they have to fork out 3K like the rest of us plebs?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Seriously if you Tril-SLI this, you literally will become The Lawnmower Man

That is the only logical explanation of why anyone would want this

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
If it's a dual gpu that means the ram is actually 6gb. Since it needs to mirror the ram for each gpu.

A dual gpu would be disappointing though.

Looks like it, though, the numbers are exactly twice the numbers of a normal Titan. And since they are still manufacturing on a 28nm process, it's hard to believe that they made a chip with twice the die size of a GK110.

Then again, what is the benefit of that card over a Titan SLI setup?

HoosTrax

So do places like Tom's hardware get these cards for free for benchmarking or will they have to fork out 3K like the rest of us plebs?
They could get temporary loans of review samples. Sometimes you'll see sites hold contests to give out review samples to their readership, in which case, the company is just sending the review sample to the site with no expectation that it will be returned.

Raist

Banned
That's it, Nvidia officially lost their shit.

Can't wait for people to benchmark it and show a 3fps improvement in Crysis 3 Ultra high.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
A $3000 graphics card? For certain applications, sure, why not. We already have more expensive options available.

Hopefully nobody gets the idea that selling a product like this to gamers is even remotely acceptable, however. GPU prices are already higher than ever and certainly don't need to keep climbing.

Rubius

Well, it's a "futurist" card. Just like 4K TV that cost 7000$ right now. In 4-5 years it will be 500$. It's for people who want to have the best thing possible right now and not wait. Always been like this.
9DUi2xO.jpg

R_Deckard

If it's a dual gpu that means the ram is actually 6gb. Since it needs to mirror the ram for each gpu.

A dual gpu would be disappointing though.

Yes but what would be the point in selling a simple Dual GPU for more than buying 2 singles and SLI them!

There must be more to this than that surely?

For reference you could buy a Wii U, PS4, Xbox 360, and have at least 30 full price retail games.

Wouldn't it make more sense to say you could buy a pretty great PC rig with 3K?

Or a mid-to high rig and a PS4 and an XB1 and a Wii U for that price?

Pretty sure you could make a decent rig for like $1500 last I checked [from scratch] and you'd still have like $300 to blow on steam sales and the like after the consoles

dr_rus

That's it, Nvidia officially lost their shit.

Can't wait for people to benchmark it and show a 3fps improvement in Crysis 3 Ultra high.
Don't buy it.
Titans sell like candy for a $999. Unless they stop sellign - Nvidia didn't loose anything.

2San

Looks like it, though, the numbers are exactly twice the numbers of a normal Titan. And since they are still manufacturing on a 28nm process, it's hard to believe that they made a chip with twice the die size of a GK110.

Then again, what is the benefit of that card over a Titan SLI setup?
Yeah, dual gpu is a pretty safe bet based on what we know.

Not sure what it's purpose is. A single gpu that has 2 times the a performance of a Titan Black sounds a lot more fun. :(
Yes but what would be the point in selling a simple Dual GPU for more than buying 2 singles and SLI them!

There must be more to this than that surely?
I hope that there is more to this.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Believe it or not, GPUs are also used for graphic design, video editing, running simluations, light shows etc.
That's my first thought with this product but the fact that they are using the Titan name has me concerned. They've typically used different branding for professional products.

mkenyon

Banned
That's my first thought with this product but the fact that they are using the Titan name has me concerned. They've typically used different branding for professional products.
That's who mostly buy the Titan in the first place though.

It's been a Professional OR Gamer card since day 1.

Corto

We need an armistice. This race will result in Earth's destruction. How much power do we really need? Stop this madness, AMD and Nvidia. Stop it!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Yeah, if they had slapped the Quadro name on this and said it was the new premium line noone would really make such a big deal about the price. I guess they want to get some of the consumer market wanting to jump in on this one with the Titan branding.

That said, 12 GB of memory isn't enough for the really high-end CG guys. They want 32-48 GB at least, we'll likely not see that until Volta.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
I'll wait for ZEUS

Top Bottom