• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

Showaddy

That cast is absolutely ridiculous, seriously it's like an awesome internet fan cast rather than an actual cast in a multi-million dollar movie.

Just have to say, great job with the OT! I haven't read any of the books, but I did see the 17 minute preview last week. I am psyched to see this film (as my Brak avatar can attest)!

Such a long wait for us Aussies.
3 weeks :(

What is this I don't even - get advanced screening tickets! Here in Melbourne IMAX have advanced screenings for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of August.

I've got my ticket for the 2nd at 4:15pm. Got perfect seats too for me and my brother! Better hurry up though, the seats are filling up pretty quickly.

Platy

Considering how many times it happened in previous Guardian threads, I am kinda impressed about the lack of THE avatar quote in the OP xD

Also, Sean Gunn plays everyone

Poona

that soundtrack <3
but spirits in the sky is not in the movie? Its my favorite of the list.

I know. Big downer on that part. :( They used it for one of the main trailers so they must have felt that it did fit in, so not sure why it isn't in the actual movie.

Something else I'm looking forward to is The Art Of The Movie tie in book for this. Marvel does some really great big ones for their other films and so this one should be really special. Doesn't come out until August 12 according to Amazon though - http://www.amazon.com/dp/0785185534/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Slayven

I claim this one.

i4IeyXbauEuD8.jpg

This is the first time I have heard you voice your discontent!

Should I pass the torch to you?
Was "What happened to your face" not enough? ...I did post that right?

Nah, just make sure you go back afterwards. It just seems wrong. Like Ninja without a Hayley Williams avatar.

I originally wanted this avatar because Groot smiling is just hilarious.

After this, I'm actually expecting him to be my favourite character.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Im torn, I was super into this after the first trailer but the rest were kind of rehashes, the novelty has worn a little. I also listen to an IGN podcast every week called Keepin it Reel and they saw 20 minutes of it and came out a tad unimpressed.

I hope its good

Wurst

Fantastic OP for my most hyped movie maybe ever.

Going to see this on the 24th! I'm so thrilled to have won a promotion for the premiere. Yes Yes Yes! Can't fucking wait.

Deutschland-GAF, click the damn link Not The Droid posted and win yourself tickets to see this one month early!!!

Im torn, I was super into this after the first trailer but the rest were kind of rehashes, the novelty has worn a little. I also listen to an IGN podcast every week called Keepin it Reel and they saw 20 minutes of it and came out a tad unimpressed.

I hope its good

I think I found the problem.

Namikaze1

Gonna have to check what my schedule is like for release week to see the movie. It's been my most anticipated summer blockbuster for a long while now.

I hope its good

A lot of us on GAF saw that 20 minutes (12 minutes actually) and came out more hyped than we previously were.

But yeah, they are releasing too many trailers/featurettes I feel. I have stopped watching them.

Neoxon

They are good people, its the only IGN podcast I listen to, they love comic book films and were super into GOTG after the first teasers and trailers.
I can tell you, he's the only one. Literally everyone else loved the footage.

I hope its good

I watched the video version of IGN's non spoiler take on the 17 minute footage and to be honest I think most of their concerns were moot.
Basically that some of the scenes didn’t feel right/jokes fell flat etc., then they admit that this 'could' be down to the scenes being taken out of context and the full film it might come off better but then they went back to saying they are worried. So basically they say there is a problem, admit that it could be because they only watched a small portion of the film but then go back to worrying so, yeah, im not that worried ;)

To be honest im not a huge fan of IGN's comic stuff, I mean I watch the comic book show with the 2 UK staff and for the most part they are ok but they do come out with some shitty concerns or problems that in my mind really aren't things to worry about/problems. I think it comes down to tackling every angle to be thorough but instead of using logic to see the good they keep it ambiguous to most likely be better journalism etc.

Top Bottom