• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 will begin the next 10 to 20 years of the MCU

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
I could only dream about comic book movies like this when I was a kid and now that they exists I couldn't be happier. So yeah I'm on board until they stop making them or I die whichever comes first.

Kazuhira

"10-20 years"...oh god,i feel tired just by reading it.
Well,not as tired as the entire cast will be by that point,i hope the new iron man suit includes a wheelchair.

Altazor

He said Nova. I want to believe.

this so much.

Get Richard Rider right (in terms of personality, IDGAF about actual casting), make Glenn Close the voice of the Worldmind and "adapt" Annihilation (like they did with Civil War and stuff from Planet Hulk in Thor: Ragnarok) and I'm in day fucking one.

Some of you are hilarious. Must be terrible having to resist watching a movie you don't even like every four months. However will you all survive?

Tobor

Some of you are hilarious. Must be terrible having to resist watching a movie you don't even like every four months. However will you all survive?

That's the funny part. I'm sure they go and see them all, sitting in their seats scowling while everyone around them enjoys themselves.

People really don't think they can keep up 2-3 movies for 10 years? There is such a wide universe for them to pull from they can easily keep things fresh.

It's not like Marvel was going to make any other movies, so what exactly are people whining about. Do you expect Marvel Studios to shut down?

Slayven

Didn't the comics have a time-traveling teen Tony at one point? (Turns on the Slayven signal)

Honestly, I could see RDJ voicing a CG Iron Man for awhile. They wouldn't recast until a proper stand-alone Iron Man film was decided upon again.
yeah Tony went crazy, and the Avengers recruited a time displaced young version.
Not interested.

Terror never dies around you

479076-s3.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Happy if this means Gunn has changed his tune on Nova.

Was kind of disappointed GotG2 didn't lean into UCT and Adam Warlock stuff so hopefully this does.

jph139

They're lucky that some of their biggest characters (Iron Man, Hulk, Rocket/Groot) aren't physically demanding, or really even require the actor's presence. Theoretically, you could run with them for the next 10+ years. As long as you're willing to pay up. And as CGI gets better, that's only gonna be more true.

RDJ could still be playing Tony Stark in his 80s as long as everyone was willing to make it happen.

LosDaddie

Banned
I'm fairly certain that Marvel Studios is the envy of nearly every other film studio in the industry. Multiple profitable and critically acclaimed movies every year, and a wealth of material (ie, comics) to draw inspiration from for new movies.

The Marvel Studios train isn't stopping anytime soon, brehs.

That's the funny part. I'm sure they go and see them all, sitting in their seats scowling while everyone around them enjoys themselves.

My favorite is still the guy who bragged about going up to the theater's top row to look at his phone for the first 45min of Avengers until "it got good" and then he rejoined his group.

Cool! Though I do question using Guardians of The Galaxy Vol 3 of the MCU for the next ten years. I'm also sorta starting to question when the superhero bubble will supposedly pop, though if it does, it won't be anytime soon I know that much.

Their post-Infinity War plans are starting to sound less focused and shaky. In a lot of ways that's fine, I would prefer they stop doing movies that all need to constantly tie into each other and lead up to some huge event, it would be much nicer if they just decide to have a lot of stories being told, but Captain Marvel being set in the past ( oh I'm sure the hand with that with time traveler stasis or something), and stuff like this seem a little less sure handed then what's come before.

Especially with cosmic, there's a lot of characters, a lot of plot to go through, a lot of fun to be had, hopefully the next wave of films focuses more on just exploring cool ideas

I'm pretty positive they've been planning this stuff out for a while now, so I wouldn't worry.

Vidiot

I love the MCU but to be honest I'm kinda ready to see the end soon.

Like, I can't imagine still being hooked when we're on Avengers 10 and Guardians 6.

I liked that it seemed like they were working towards a story conclusion for the Avengers when Infinity War was announced. I want an 'end'. Now it seems like theu want to drag it out forever.

It's likely where I'll step back a bit from the movies. I'm sure I'll go see some here and there still but after the next two Avengers I think I'm ready to step back a bit from the series. That could all change though. Lol, we'll see.

Slayven

Marvel level problems.

When you make good movies and people complain you going to continue it for the foreseeable future

Their post-Infinity War plans are starting to sound less focused and shaky. In a lot of ways that's fine, I would prefer they stop doing movies that all need to constantly tie into each other and lead up to some huge event, it would be much nicer if they just decide to have a lot of stories being told, but Captain Marvel being set in the past ( oh I'm sure the hand with that with time traveler stasis or something), and stuff like this seem a little less sure handed then what's come before.

Especially with cosmic, there's a lot of characters, a lot of plot to go through, a lot of fun to be had, hopefully the next wave of films focuses more on just exploring cool ideas

1) maybe wait for the Infinity War movies to come out first? We're talking half a decade away - I'm sure they're not completely solidified yet.
2) I'm sure they know what they're doing. Unless this is concern trolling or something...

kevin1025

Banned
Good for everyone that's loving the Marvel films. I'm not a massive fan, I usually end up liking but not loving most of them, but if the larger audience wants their superheroes, give it to them until the well dries up.

Voidwolf

I love the MCU but to be honest I'm kinda ready to see the end soon.

Like, I can't imagine still being hooked when we're on Avengers 10 and Guardians 6.

I liked that it seemed like they were working towards a story conclusion for the Avengers when Infinity War was announced. I want an 'end'. Now it seems like theu want to drag it out forever.

I don't get this line of thinking. Let the people who still enjoy a franchise continue to do so. No one will force you to keep up with the MCU.

kewlmyc

30 years of Marvel movies all in the same universe.

....Jesus. I'll be impressed if there is no reboot during any of this.

Neoxon

As long as it's Richard Rider, I'm down for Nova. We already have Rhomann Dey in the MCU, might as well bring in Richie.

Neoxon

I know nothing about Nova, but from this:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1411515

Nova, She-hulk and Spider people are the only ones in the picture who don't have an existing or upcoming screen presence right?
That's Kid Nova (Sam Alexander) in the picture, a character that Marvel Entertainment tried & failed to push on multiple occasions. A shame that his best book (the Loveness/Perez run with Richie & Sam) was cancelled.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
I've been to every Marvel movie so far.

But outside of like Spiderman, iron man, hulk etc OG avengers, I don't really give a shit about these newer heros that only comic fans know about.

Captain Marvel is clearly a wonder woman rip off. I've literally never even heard the names OP mentions.

They should just reboot in a few years rather than focus on the nobodies the general audience won't give a fuck about

You are the safest fucking fan alive.

I'm fairly certain that Marvel Studios is the envy of nearly every other film studio in the industry. Multiple profitable and critically acclaimed movies every year, and a wealth of material (ie, comics) to draw inspiration from for new movies.

The Marvel Studios train isn't stopping anytime soon, brehs.

My favorite is still the guy who bragged about going up to the theater's top row to look at his phone for the first 45min of Avengers until "it got good" and then he rejoined his group.

Who the hell said this? I have to see this to believe it.

Good for everyone that's loving the Marvel films. I'm not a massive fan, I usually end up liking but not loving most of them, but if the larger audience wants their superheroes, give it to them until the well dries up.

I like, but don't love, 90% of the movies I see.

hell 10 years is a long time lol.

They'll try no doubt, but at some point they'll just reboot and start all over.

What do you think is happening after the Infinity War stuff is over

Spoiler: at least some of these characters the way they are are dead. Downey and Evans have already made it clear their contracts aren't Forever deals, and there's no way they're the only ones

Top Bottom