• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars...

hobart

I'd like some impressions actually... a non-subscription MMORPG (although that is not what they are calling it) has piqued my interest. And it really does look beautiful as well.

Regardless... won't be able to play for a month (much like my return to WoW)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Drakken said:
Yes.

Look for Drakken Freund.

EDIT: Does anyone plan on starting a Gaming Age guild?

That's why I was asking, seeing if there was something forming.

teiresias

I have it pre-ordered, wasn't sure if I was actually going to pick it up or not, but I enjoyed the last beta weekend enough to go ahead and get it I suppose.

teiresias

Question, I bought the pre-order package at Best Buy, what do I need to take with me to prove I have it pre-ordered? The whole box or just the receipt? They didn't take my name down or anything so I assumed I'd have to bring something from the purchase to prove I've already put down $10 towards the game.

RuGalz

I think you just need to bring receipt. At least that's how it is with EB.

Well I can provide a forum if we want to form a guild. Personally I was going to look for and join a competitive pvp guild but if enough people are interested here that'll work.

RuGalz

Yea cuz I seperated the FFXI and GW group members. To join the FFXI group, just click on Groups near the top of the forum and join the other one.

teiresias

Well, GW isn't really a grind game, it's very much a game you can get online and play for fifteen minutes and just have fun - it's not like you're building up crafting skills or sitting around for hours trying to kill the dragon.

RuGalz

You can get to lv 20 in about a week of casual playing. Probably a bit longer to unlock all of your skills and rest of the equipments. I really hate how they changed the skill unlocking to be more complicated but I guess there's just enough people who prefer PvE that it makes sense...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Servers aren't up until midnight tonight, pacific time, so don't feel too bad :)

Post your names here people when you finally create your character.

I've already decided I'm going to be an uber monk.

teiresias

Will brick & mortar stores have it in tomorrow? If so I'll stop by on my way home from classes if I get back to town early enough.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
There's another thread on this game in the gaming forum. Could be why no one's responding. :)

I've got a ranger I'm using under my GAF name, but I might start over with a necromancer. Not sure yet.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
RuGalz, I sent a register request on that board, not sure if/when I'd pick up GW, or if I'll join back up on FFXI, but wouldn't mind dropping by there and shit.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Okay, I've switched to a necromancer now. The name is "Dead Shadow". Anyone else playing?

RuGalz

Just got done playing for the day. "Shen Xiii" is my char's name. Anyone wants to join the SOB guild add me to friendlist or something and I'll add you. :lol Though we have to fix the guild name, there's a slight typo...

teiresias

Is this the same guild I was invited to and joined during one of the beta events?

I just did a clean windows install last night (been over a years since I'd done a clean install so it needed it), and got GW installed and played a bit of the opening again. I was playing my ranger instead of my fighter that I was playing during the last beta event, so the pre-searing Ascalon is actually a little different (and damn if there aren't a ton of worms!!).

Pre-searing Ascalong is enough to keep you busy awhile just itself.

siege

Banned
RuGalz said:
Just got done playing for the day. "Shen Xiii" is my char's name. Anyone wants to join the SOB guild add me to friendlist or something and I'll add you. :lol Though we have to fix the guild name, there's a slight typo...

Stars Onion Brigade Reborn? What is that from?

tenchir

I got the game, but unfortunately, I got a bit too aggressive when it came to scratching of the gray stuff to get to the serial. Now I am missing like 4 digit of serial keys...... I mailed it to NCSoft today to get a replacement key, so I won't be able to play till next week.

teiresias

My ranger's name is Teiresias Mierone, send me an invite please. I'm already in a guild that's labeled GAF, but I don't think it's the one everyone is using now.

nataku

Still haven't been able to pick up the game yet. Probably won't get it until Wednesday of next week at the earliest.

siege

Banned
Hey, would anyone like to buy my copy for $35 shipped? I'm not gonna have much time to play now, so if anyone is interested in getting it on the cheap - send me a PM.

Alex

I think I may get it today, quick question though; what resolutions does the game support? Low point, high point?

RuGalz

teiresias: go to your guild panel and leave the current guild. I can't invite now because you are already in one.

alex: hmm, well it goes all the way up to my lcd's native res 1680x1050...

teiresias

OK, I left the old guild, so you may invite freely :) What's the name of the guild so I don't accept any different invitations?

tenchir

truesayian said:
Try to just take it back to the store and exchange it... say it dont work or something..

I tried that before contacting NCSoft(those MF doesn't even have a phone # to contact, but replying to emails were surprisingly quick). The employee at ebgames said they can't accept or exchanged any opened "massively multiplayer online" game because of rampant piracy. :lol I decided not to pressed any further since I know it will be useless. Besides, it would only take a week to get another serial from NCSoft.

teiresias

Is there anyway to get through the gate to North of the wall solo (pre-searing), or are they forcing me to group with someone just to get through there?

soakrates

Just started today. Lvl 3 Ranger/Warrior named "Imperial Skeksis." Still not too familiar with the game but I'm picking it up pretty quickly.

Top Bottom