• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars...

teiresias

I can't decide, I want my ranger to either take monk or elementalist as a secondary profession, but I can't decide, ugh!!!! I haven't left pre-searing ascalon yet because I can't make a decision!!

RuGalz

Heh. Maybe look at the skill set with GWFreaks or something and see what you want to do with ranger (especially if you have any interest in pvp). I haven't really studied much on ranger yet but their function seems to be best for anti-mage role in pvp. Also, I heard there's level 20 quest that let you change subjob so you still have chance to change it later if you don't like your initial decision, although you would have to go and unlock all the skill for the new subjob.

tenchir

Got my key yesterday and been playing a lot. I am currently a level 8 Elemental/Monk in postsear. Name is Spiraling Storm

nataku

Finally was able to get the game. Just installed it now and created a ranger for the moment. Probably gonna go end up gong Ranger/Me My ranger's name is Elyrian Kyrera.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Finally made it to Yaks Bend. Home of the expert salvage kit. :D

gw003.bmp

Monk

Banned
I must say, I am liking this a lot more than I thought i would. No respawning enemies that kill you, no fucktards that get purple items easy and sell them for 250g, no rush to the hidden stash.

Orin GA

I need some mad help to get to the town with the 80+ armor. Every group ive gone with dies in the Wilds mission. So close yet so far.

RuGalz

Heh I soloed my way to desert area. The final armors aren't until acsention though which is stil quite a bit away for you. Anyhow, if you need help, just ask around in guild.

Orin GA

Areany of you acension, cause if thats the case I can slow down and just give you the stuff needed for the armors.

etiolate

Banned
Just started last night. Mesm/Ranger, haven't left Ascalon yet. I want to get up to a good level and finish most of these quests I have.

RuGalz

Ya sure I can grab you some armors if you want. I already beat the story mode of the game lol. 3 of us in the guild have access to the area.

Orin GA

Rugzal do you have acess to dragon armor. if so what would I need to give you (Chest piece)

Orin GA

I thought dragon armor was of warrior class

Edit: Oh nm. You mean your class. Grr toatally forgot that.

Orin GA

So no one else is of warrior class in ascension? Looks like Ill have to get Armor Level 71 armor. AL 50 aint cutting it in the desert. Jade scarabs eatme alive. Really wanted to save my materials till AL 80 :(

tenchir

The "Villainy of Galrath" quest is pissing me off to no end. Why is a quest that hard only giving 500 xp? You have to go through an army of level 20 mobs to get to him. It's impossible to sneak past them, and fighting them is really hard.

Anyone know where I can find armor sets of +50 for my Aero/Hydromancer? I am still using the AL39 equipment.

RuGalz

Blue, purple, gold colors are all rare items and their rarity is in that order. Precious items usually means that they sale for higher value to merchant and I think they usually salvage better than normal, but not quite as salvageable as Highly Salvageable items.

Orin GA

Its best to do the Gareth quest from the temple. You can get 8 party members in instead of 6 plus its alot shorter

tenchir

I started my own guild for my friends called Scions or Storm(SoS). Four people so far, but we have a nice cape. My character is currently E/Mo18 Spiraling Storm, she mostly specialize in Air/Water(Storm get it? heh) and healing.

Anyone tried to get through Lomar's Pass early? Bunch of level 24+ mobs.

etiolate

Banned
I tried PVP the other day in the arena. I'm not normally a PVP fan at all, but it is actually fun in this game.

gw020.jpg

Got up to 10 wins with 8 flawless. Is there any bonus for getting a long win streak in an Arena?

etiolate

Banned
More pixors for the hators.

gw064.jpg
gw066.jpg

I <3 Shatter Hex, at least in the main game. As long as there is some form of tank in my group, plus a likely chance of necro or mesm skill using mobs then I deal fat damage.

Zensetsu

Hey you guys still playing? I just bought the game because it was on sale, will be playing it towards the end of the week hopefully, when my new GFX card arrives.

Trying to decide what kind of character I want to play, I liked Paladins and Shamans in WoW, I was thinking of trying to make something like that with a Monk\Warrior or an Elementalist\Warrior.

RuGalz

I still playing every now and then, but not a whole lot lately. I don't think you gain much from have Warrior sub for Elementalist... A lot of combinations are fine for PvE games just don't work for PvP games. But you can change the seondary class later in the game so at least you aren't stuck with it if you don't like it for PvP.

etiolate

Banned
W/Es tend to work a lot better than E/Ws. I think there is an armor set that boosts your energy as a warrior. Though any W primary class is going to be mainly a melee/tank character.

Zensetsu

I ended up playing a pure elementalist. (has ranger as 2nd class for pet fun but doesn't really use any skills) Having lots of fun setting stuff on fire, I really love the graphics. :D

etiolate

Banned
We were doing HOH and it was the 3 team King of the Hill/Altar sort of map. Our guild, another guild and a korean team, the other american guild grabbed the altar first, then korea attacked and we came in second. Chaos for awhile, but then once we got the altar we started getting hit hard because we had just one healing monk. They took all of us down, except for two:me and one other. The other guy went to get our obelisk, they sent one warrior after him. They left me completely alone, so I kept shattering Korea's healing seed on their ghostly hero and casting phantasm and wastrels worry. We shit around the rest of the game and they still haven't killed the both of us, then the hero finally goes down because they can't keep him healed and we sneak in the orb, entire team rez's and win as time runs out. Hilarious.

Top Bottom