• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Demo out on PS4 now! (2GB , PS+ Required)

J-Tier

I'll have to give it another chance, but having played through Sol's story mode, the fighting system just didn't click with me.

Sayad

Have you played through the trails first? The cancels system is pretty cool, gives a lot of freedom, unless you view that as negative of course.

RetroMG

Wow, this game looks great. Although I rocked faces on everyone up until Ramlethal, and now she is constantly kicking my ass.

Aske

Circular motion on DS4's slightly concave d-pad is torture for the first few minutes, needs some getting used to.

Everyone's different, but I had no problem with the DS4 d-pad. It's the best I've used in years, and I find doing things like half-circle back, forward motions far easier than I did with the DS3.

Count me among the people who hate the 'anime' stutter for the cutscenes. I don't expect one, but I hope there's a toggle to make them as smooth as the fighting in the full game. I'm glad they're in there, but the lack of fluidity makes them really jarring.

Mesoian

I wonder if devs put such trophies for statistical reasons.

Circular motion on DS4's slightly concave d-pad is torture for the first few minutes, needs some getting used to.

Totally. I'm sure people will do fine with the DS4, but I had the same issues playing it that I had playing Marvel 3 on playstation. Went through Sol with the DS4, then switched to my Hori Fight Commander and able to rattle out DP's with impunity.

Count me among the people who hate the 'anime' stutter for the cutscenes. I don't expect one, but I hope there's a toggle to make them as smooth as the fighting in the full game. I'm glad they're in there, but the lack of fluidity makes them really jarring.

Agreed. I'll chock it up to growing pains with Unreal 3/4, but I'd like it if they patched in some sort of smoothing for animation and cutscenes. The actual game itself is perfect, but it's just the window dressing that could be tightened up a little.

Wow, this game looks great. Although I rocked faces on everyone up until Ramlethal, and now she is constantly kicking my ass.

Fighting game bosses gonna be fighting game bosses. 75% LR mixup combos for days.

Sayad

Everyone's different, but I had no problem with the DS4 d-pad. It's the best I've used in years, and I find doing things like half-circle back, forward motions far easier than I did with the DS3.

The fighting animations are the same, close dramatic camera angles doesn't fits this animation style though and outs its flaws.

For the d-pad, I'd agree it's more accurate than DS3's(easier to hit diagonal inputs), my main problem with it is that it's not as comfortable.

Chev

The only difference between cutscenes and fights is the camera movement, characters actually move at the same rate. The stutter you notice is only because the camera isn't on a fluid track for cutscenes. You will have no toggle - in the technical article about all this they're pretty clear about how they think 60fps character animation kills the anime effect.

After finally making the switch to stick on BB:CP I dont want to go back...no PS3 fightstick support on PS4 is killing me and I refuse to buy a new one, especially because I built mine

BlazeVoi

Banned
The only difference between cutscenes and fights is the camera movement, characters actually move at the same rate. The stutter you notice is only because the camera isn't on a fluid track for cutscenes. You will have no toggle - in the technical article about all this they're pretty clear about how they think 60fps character animation kills the anime effect.

I understand this, but it messes with my head when it happens.

Love the fighting system. This game is good ol' GG and I am glad they did not try to overhaul any mechanics. My Sol got some new moves. This makes me really happy! Dragon Install seems a lot more useful now. His normals seem to be a lot shorter in terms of range now? Cancels are cool because they communicate how well you did them a bit better to the player. Want to try out Ramlethal.

Also, a question: Will this game have EX characters? I play a pretty decent EX sol :p I'd also like to see what moves change in Xrd when you go into Ex mode.

Razzorn34

After finally making the switch to stick on BB:CP I dont want to go back...no PS3 fightstick support on PS4 is killing me and I refuse to buy a new one, especially because I built mine

Just do what I did, and get it modded to work with everything. Got my 360 TE modded to work with XBone and PS3/PS4. The PS4 DS4 works on PS3 also(all but the PS button) FYI. It was well worth it.

Onemic

Get it on PS3

Just do what I did, and get it modded to work with everything. Got my 360 TE modded to work with XBone and PS3/PS4. The PS4 DS4 works on PS3 also(all but the PS button) FYI. It was well worth it.

from gunmods or whatever his name is right? Isn't that 400 bones?

Skilletor

I've had unfortunate luck with padhacks. I'm done dealing with those. There are so many different methods, wiring, pcbs, etc. out there that I can never be sure a stick will work under every situation at a tourney. At a tourney once, I had a stick that worked on 6 new xboxes there, but didn't work on a launch 360. I have a stick that works perfectly any time other than when a qanba was plugged in. I have a stick that didn't work at the USB hubs they had at EVO, but worked fine plugged directly into the console.

Stock sticks only from now on.

I myself am conflicted about my stick not working on ps4, I am just going to bite the bullet and play on pad on the ps4. I don't want to keep buying new games on my ps3. Zestria is the last one i want.

Nuklear

Banned
The PS4 stick support is going to hold up my purchase. PS3 isn't an option to me. I want to retire that system and I won't buy any new games for it.

Volcynika

Probably going to include "Useful Links" in the OT (which I'm still aiming to have up for the JP release, should sickness not hinder work). Any recommendations? Gonna try to detail as much as I can without being too wordy, because other sites will have a lot more detail than I can fit into an OP. And I don't want to make it unbearably long.

When in US time does the JP store update anyways? Wednesday night for us or something?

Newboi

I recently got the HRAP V4 Hayabusa, and have been messing around with the Xrd demo. I'm really enjoying it, but I haven't been seriously in to Guilty Gear since the original on PS1. Getting used to all of the mechanics is going to take a lot of time. I plan on maining Slayer and Potemkin in the final release though.

Edit: On a side note with the Hayabusa, I'm mostly loving it, and actually prefer it's stick over the Sanwa JLF (which seemed impossible to me before), but the Kuro buttons are definitely different. the Kuros are definitely sensitive, but I'm not sure if they are as sensitive as Sanwas'. It could also just be that they don't feel as light and deft as Sanwas when you press them. Overall they are still awesome buttons and they will just take some getting used to.

Volcynika

@Volcynika

When is the OT going live? When the JP version is out?

Aiming for tomorrow evening (I am in US Central timezone), since that's when I think the JP store updates. Wasn't originally going to post it for the JP release, but since that and the US release are so close, asked a mod and they said it should be fine. Just been kinda crazy with holidays, so hopefully people like it.

Aiming for tomorrow evening (I am in US Central timezone), since that's when I think the JP store updates. Wasn't originally going to post it for the JP release, but since that and the US release are so close, asked a mod and they said it should be fine.

Awesome, I'm in US Eastern myself. Maybe the fine folks in the PSN thread may know the time JP store updates?

Leunam

Has Hori made a PS4 stick yet? Then again, they don't come with Sanwa buttons right? I guess if I want that I can either swap the buttons myself or buy a Madcatz stick.

Leunam

Thanks for the answers guys. I've got plenty of spare buttons and the fact that it's dual modded is a nice bonus. May have to spring for the Hori stick even thought it's a bit more than I want to spend.

Top Bottom