• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Demo out on PS4 now! (2GB , PS+ Required)

Zissou

I dunno- having looked at the arcade version, I don't really think there's anything happening that couldn't be done on last gen consoles, especially considering the arcade version runs at 720p. Game looks good because of artistic decisions/skill rather than reasons of technical prowess.

Skilletor

I dunno- having looked at the arcade version, I don't really think there's anything happening that couldn't be done on last gen consoles, especially considering the arcade version runs at 720p. Game looks good because of artistic decisions/skill rather than reasons of technical prowess.

The AA in this game is certainly a part of the reason it looks so good. I'd say that's a part of the technical prowess.

I don't know how they'll get this game running at a solid framerate on ps3. Hoping for the best.

Qvoth

anybody else experienced a longer loading times sometimes in between rounds? like around 4-5 seconds longer?

Hubb

The AA in this game is certainly a part of the reason it looks so good. I'd say that's a part of the technical prowess.

I don't know how they'll get this game running at a solid framerate on ps3. Hoping for the best.

I'm just hoping there is an active community on PS4. Don't want to buy the game on PS3 if I don't have to.

MrBS

Played the demo using my shiny RAP4 last night. I'm sooooo rusty. I was never that great to begin with but this is embarrassing. I'm sure it will come back... maybe...

Anyway Arc have performed magic here. The 2D look to this game is fantastic. I feel right at home as a long time GG fan. I've never touched the dub of these games previously but I found the campy acting to be in line with the material. Will be switching to sub for retail naturally ;)

Looking forward to my LE copy arriving in December :D

PS3 version isn't bad is it? (Performance)
There is a tweet that says the ps3 version has a choice between "speed" and "image quality" im not sure exactly what that means but it seems there is an option to increase performance at the cost of graphics.
Edit on mobile so I cant link it. You can find the tweet on the dustloop topic.

Wonko_C

There is a tweet that says the ps3 version has a choice between "speed" and "image quality" im not sure exactly what that means but it seems there is an option to increase performance at the cost of graphics.
Edit on mobile so I cant link it. You can find the tweet on the dustloop topic.

Yep. To further expand on this there is another tweet that says the "quality" setting looks the same as the arcade, but the "speed" setting removes background elements to maintain 60fps.

EDIT: And the topic for that is here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=939976

Sayad

If I'm getting a PS4, it's going to be tomorrow, so at least I can get more value from the purchase via bundles. Outside of Xrd the only other game I want to play on PS4 is TLoU.
They announced a low backgrounds mode for PS3 to keep the framerate looked at 60, which is pretty much a confirmation that the game will have problems outside of it.

wwm0nkey

Someone said activating share play crashes through some menus on this game, anyone know if you have any extra options if you do?

SerTapTap

I just want to know if they are bringing that fight pad bundle to the US

They are not. US Limited Edition does not included. You'll have to import and who knows how much the pads/LEs will sell for. If only they'd use the Skullgirls crew's driver, but it's a Japanese company so I doubt it.

Qvoth

I think it have something to do with internet connection, the game froze for about 90 seconds during loading screen when I was exiting tutorial mode, and I got an "internet connection error" message afterward.

Volcynika

yeah i started to realize that yesterday as well
maybe i should use lan cable for the ps4 instead

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I dont know why but the game feels sluggish to me. Its feels a little clunky.

Maybe because its not 2d sprites anymore?

It's the PS4 d pad. I've found it to be strangely unresponsive. The analog stick on the other hand registers far more reliably.

Qvoth

yeah i know, just couldn't be bothered with messing my routers/cables and shit, my internet set up is terrible

Dr. Kaos

Banned
Yup it can look like shit and play like shit and it will probably massively outsell it sadly

When has a numbered street fighter ever phoned it in?

Street Fighter remains Capcom's one redeeming feature until now, I very much doubt it'll look worse than XRD.

I don't want a fight stick but I'd love one of those sick ass neo geo fight pads. Any word on a PS4 version?

The PS3 and PS4 versions support cross play with each other.

Sayad

There's a Japanese limited edition that comes with a fight pad, if you don't mind importing. Don't think anyone is selling them individually yet.

Teknoman

Its been awhile since i've played a new slower paced 2D fighting game that didnt have crazy combo counts. Really liking it.

Sayad

So the demo might have done a lot of good, been seeing reserves at my store go up for it since it came out.
Oh! How does it compare to other niche anime/Japanese games? Xrd have the advantage of looking really good graphically, which can take your game a long way.

wat
pretty sure GG is considered a combo game
To be fare, you only get to play Sol and Ky in the demo and the AI barely ever move with those other characters. ;p

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
To be fare, you only get to play Sol and Ky in the demo and the AI barely ever move with those other characters. ;p

Along those lines, I haven't really seen anyone super up on GG playing the demo that's posted a video. Maximillion's pretty much the only competent player I've seen, and the biggest combo he pulled off was 8 hits IIRC. (Though I am likely just ignorant on who to look for in general.)

See noobish stuff like the games I posted and it's definitely gonna look slower paced.

On the retail front, I think the demo showed that there's going to be a strong single player mode with stories and cut scenes for every character which tends to excite the more casual player.

Top Bottom