• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith Officially Announced (PR)

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
rumsey said:
I can't get a coherent direction out of most of your post, so I'll address... whatever is addressable.

I'll try to be more understandable for you.

Que? This part makes the least sense of all. Yes, I too suppose its unfair to say they are "milking" based on... some dumb shit. "No other way to release new music, since they aren't realeasing lots of DLC"? Wtf?

Since Neversoft is not releasing weekly DLC they are choosing to make new games in order to release new music for Guitar Hero.

Ditto for GH3, with less often DLC updates? They aren't inconsistent, and the price seems set from what I've seen.

I haven't been paying close attention, but as far as I know GH3 DLC is being released monthly, or not even on a set schedule? That doesn't seem consistent to me. The price is set, but the 3 song pack must be purchased in its entirety.

Something something, irrelevant or makes no sense, or both.

The pricing for Rock Band DLC seems to be acceptable to gamers. If one sees a song they like, he/she is going to buy that song and is not obligated to purchase any other song.

I'm glad we've determined your simple definition of milking, or at least one set precursor which appears to be "if there's choice, it can't be milking". I'm not sure how you define choice but it seems to me as a player of both games that I have choice on both platforms to opt in or opt out of extra content.

There is a choice to buy DLC or opt out, but Rock Band is more flexible because of the ability to purchase single songs and the discount on song packs.

I purposely overlooked the post the first time because it was giving me a headache trying to get to the point. Actually, the posts makes even less sense now that I've tried to wade through the logic.

I didn't mean for my first post to be so incoherent, apologies.

rumsey

duderon said:
A lot of things

Well it seems as if the point you are making is that Rock Band's extra content allows for more purchasing options and is more user friendly, which isn't a position I'm inclined to argue against - I think we're almost all universally in agreement on this.

Top Bottom