• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS (PS3) |OT| >>>>>>>>>> Your Favorite Fighting Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

Ditto those sentiments... Hopefully someone is able to help donate $7 coupon for play-asia to help ease the pain.

This will look nice with my other collection: Gundam: Federation vs Zeon and Gundam vs Zeta Gundam for PS2. :)

Do you need one? I don't have anything to buy off Play-Asia right now. I'll send you a PM.

Zapages

It's only begun. We'll now convince you to import 2nd Super Robot Wars OG whenever it gets released!
lol, I had enough of the super robot wars series back when it was on psone days... I have a copy of the series with me that my friend gave to me as birthday present back in high school. Good game, but I don't think I will import them. You guys can always try though. ;) I was about to get ACE R, but everyone told me not to get it.

I like Gundam vs Gundam series.

They should create a game where every single gundam mobile suit/armor/etc goes against another gundam mobile suite/armor/etc from every single series out there. Sell them as packs that contain 3 suits for 5 dollars a pack and 3 map packs for 5 dollars. Plus online support.

Bamco could make millions this way IMHO. :)

They should create a game where every single gundam mobile suit/armor/etc goes against another gundam mobile suite/armor/etc from every single series out there. Sell them as packs that contain 3 suits for 5 dollars a pack and 3 map packs for 5 dollars. Plus online support.

Bamco could make millions this way IMHO. :)

Don't give them any ideas.

Bandai Namco nickel-and-dimed us on Gundam 0081 with all the DLC mobile suits and missions (and I bought all of them). If they don't do the same with GVE I will be shocked.

thread title change made me intrested ..superb OT .

i'm now midly intrested ..
Thanks! :3
if G Gundam taught me anything it's that beating the shit out of each other is how you make friends!

The greatest bonds between men are built in the heat of the battlefield.

distantmantra said:
Bandai Namco nickel-and-dimed us on Gundam 0081 with all the DLC mobile suits and missions (and I bought all of them). If they don't do the same with GVE I will be shocked.

I think this might be one instance that it would take more effort for them to do so considering there would be a lot of balancing needed with additional suits, whereas in 0081 you can throw in GP02A and it wouldn't have that big of an effect in the grander scheme of the game.

It looks like the Japanese pricing has gone up? (I haven't checked the Asian version since that's not the version I had pre-ordered).

Where at? It's been $102.49 at Play Asia for a while now. I locked in at $95.49 (and a $5 off coupon), fortunately.

The MSRP in Japan has been 8,380 since day one.

Where at? It's been $102.49 at Play Asia for a while now. I locked in at $95.49 (and a $5 off coupon), fortunately.

The MSRP in Japan has been 8,380 since day one.

I just checked on my pre order and I had pre ordered it for $97.49 US (Then I used a $5 coupon to take it down to $92.49). I pre ordered way back (September 8th).

My status said "pre paring order?!?!?"

I just checked on my pre order and I had pre ordered it for $97.49 US (Then I used a $5 coupon to take it down to $92.49). I pre ordered way back (September 8th).

Yeah, I preordered on September 6th. You'll keep your preorder price.

My status said "pre paring order?!?!?"

Yep, that means they'll be billing you shortly and ship it out ASAP. Play Asia tends to get items a couple days early.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I would love to get some semi-permanent teams going and do a GAF ladder down the line once we've been playing a while.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
That definitely would be cool to set up... maybe like a weekly GAF league or something.

That would be seriously awesome. I'm sure once the game is out and people are playing it, we'll get more interest in that.

Somehow I find that more interesting because it's in teams.

matmanx1

Possibly early shipping from Play-Asia? Interesting! I mentioned that I got the good deal with my coupon on the previous page of the thread but didn't mention that I ponied up for the EMS Speedpost shipping so that I could get the game quicker. Even with the $17 shipping charge I came out at $95 which is still less than the Japanese version is selling many places. I think I read Speedpost takes about 4 business days so it looks like I could be playing the game fairly soon.

Now, you guys who are familiar with this game are going to be around to answer questions and teach us noobs the ropes, right? ;-)

Shouta

That would be seriously awesome. I'm sure once the game is out and people are playing it, we'll get more interest in that.

Somehow I find that more interesting because it's in teams.

Assuming the online has the same option as the arcade version, we can also do a shuffle tournament.

PlayAsia is preparing my order! My CC has been charged so I hope to get it soon. :)

Oh dear. I was looking forward to getting it on the weekend. Not sure if I can deal with this game coming out in the middle of the week

Also need to come up with a better gundam themed avatar.

If I read the OP correctly you can play arcade or regular vs co-op with a friend locally?

I want to snag this, but hopefully next year it'll drop in price (and I'll have monies, lol).

Astery

If I read the OP correctly you can play arcade or regular vs co-op with a friend locally?

I want to snag this, but hopefully next year it'll drop in price (and I'll have monies, lol).

Yes, it's great fun for 2p local co-op arcade. I wished it has 4p split screen like the GC version of Gundam vs Z Gundam tho, 2p vs ain't really fun for it's a 2 v 2 game IMO.

MechaX

By the power of some kind of deity, I somehow got a $50 Amazon Gift Card, so I might just wait until Gundam Extreme Vs. gets listed there (if it gets listed)

Beth Cyra

I just stupidly read the latest updates about GW Frozen Teardrop and now I'm not so sure I want him to get Snow White.

Damn I need this to get here, need some Zero, ZZ and Unicorn to wash my mouth out. 7 Dwarf Stars or some shit, I think I want to kill myself.

Jomjom

Banned
I really have to get working on modding my two sticks with the seimetsu and sanwa buttons and stick that I bought over a year ago. Gotta have them ready for this!

Zapages

I thought you couldn't use Amazon gift cards on most 3rd party resellers. It only works for Amazon approved 3rd party resellers and amazon itself.

matmanx1

I really have to get working on modding my two sticks with the seimetsu and sanwa buttons and stick that I bought over a year ago. Gotta have them ready for this!

So is this just a 1 stick game then? What controls the camera? Or is it automatic depending on what you are facing? I need to see a video of someone actually playing this in the arcade cabinet or on the PS3 so I can see what their hands are doing.

Play Asia is also "preparing" my 2nd Super Robot Wars OG (PS3) preorder, so people shouldn't be too hopeful for an early release. They'll probably ship out Wednesday or Thursday.

thetrin

Assuming the online has the same option as the arcade version, we can also do a shuffle tournament.

I would be cool with that too, but there's something to be said for ongoing teams.

thetrin

So is this just a 1 stick game then? What controls the camera? Or is it automatic depending on what you are facing? I need to see a video of someone actually playing this in the arcade cabinet or on the PS3 so I can see what their hands are doing.

Camera is locked to who you're locked on to. Since it's 2v2, there really isn't much else to lock on to.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Just saw a commercial for this and my want meter went through the roof. Haven't played it in years though..perhaps wait till I see a used copy..

lupinko

My order will ship when Unicorn Vol. 4 will be available to ship, hopefully it's all the same time seeing as Unicorn's street date is the day after GEV's. =P

My order will ship when Unicorn Vol. 4 will be available to ship, hopefully it's all the same time seeing as Unicorn's street date is the day after GEV's. =P

I have a second copy coming in from japanvideogames, but I'm expecting that one early next week. Plus the pedostick is still in transit from the states, so this is gonna be a long week. =(

Anyway, check this youtube channel out: http://www.youtube.com/user/fannel13sazaby

Lots of nice and recent matches going on in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom