• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Versus coming west to PS4 this fall (New Trailer)

sensui-tomo

This is a completely different game and genre than Gundam Breaker, but yes it plays very well.
Where as GB is a Musou-styled action game, this is a deep 2v2 arena fighter that's easy to pick up, and friggin hard to actually be good at.
;_;

This one also has 3v3.

also for a new page since i havent gotten an answer yet, That premium song edition, is that shit locked to the account or is it normal dlc that can be accessed on any account ?

Caim

RX-78 cover it is since God Gundam isn't an option. :p

Now I want to play to some EXVS Full Boost!

Is this one of the good ones?

I know a lot of people said Extreme Vs was kinda shitty.

I dunno how the vita game was but the rest of the games are great.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
God is good. Those renders look pretty bad ass,especially Wing Zero and Freedom.

I do have to wonder how much of this was thanks to Brett at EVO last year. He was talking to Bamco execs during the Full Boost tournament.

Allonym

Is this a good game to get into Gundam with?

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

No, but really, is it?

I think so, probably the best Gundam games that you can buy at the moment. If you like fast, snappy game play and fighting games, I think you'll like this. To me, it's like an amalgam of Zone of the Enders and the Naruto fighting game series.

Allonym

Well yes... 2v2 is where it will be at though!

3v3 will be fun to dabble into for the madness though.

Is there 1v1? I prefer duels without having to worry about an ai partner or enemy while dueling a friend.

Who's ready for Epyon/Epyon/Epyon vs Epyon/Epyon/Epyon? :D #gaijinhamlords

Is this one of the good ones?

I know a lot of people said Extreme Vs was kinda shitty.

giphy.gif

Holy shit, day one!

Relax guys, G Gundam's were in the other Vs. games and the roster for this game isn't complete yet.

So fucking hyped!

Caim

Holy shit, day one!

Relax guys, G Gundam's were in the other Vs. games and the roster for this game isn't complete yet.

So fucking hyped!

Yeah I'm pretty confident they'll be in, but I think most people were referring to them not being representing in the cover art voting.

Luigi87

Is there 1v1? I prefer duels without having to worry about an ai partner or enemy while dueling a friend.

Yes you can setup 1v1. The game isn't particularly balanced for it (and I feel like whoever gets the first knockdown can keep punishing their opponent) but the option is there.
Who's ready for Epyon/Epyon/Epyon vs Epyon/Epyon/Epyon? :D #gaijinhamlords

plz no

... Welp now I definitely will also still get the JP version!

Drayco21

Holy shit, day one!

So fucking hyped!

They put out the full series list for the base roster a while back; no G Gundam, no Seed Destiny, no 00 after season 1, no Endless Waltz.

I'd love G to make it, but it doesn't seem likely right now.

oh yeah this just has regular gouf and no gouf custom, right?

:(

Gouf Cutom and Vanilla Gouf are both in.

FUCK!!!!! OMG!!!! This is it!!!!! Im so ecxited!!! PS4 here we goooo!!!!! Gimme Freedom and Tallgeese 3!!!

Edit: Welp it seems Tallgeese 3 isnt in, but I hope it arrives as dlc in the future.

Zakalwe

Banned
I've always wanted to play one of these, but I've never really looked too closely due to the lack of western releases. Didn't want to get all envious.

Is it pure 2v2, or is there single player stuff and other modes too? I'm really interested in the online play, but I'm curious about the overall package.

All the footage seems to have Japanese commentary so I can't make sense of it...

Is there an OT or in depth look thread on this series anywhere on gaf?

They put out the full series list for the base roster a while back; no G Gundam, no Seed Destiny, no 00 after season 1, no Endless Waltz.

I'd love G to make it, but it doesn't seem likely right now.

Really? That's just weird then. I wonder why the roster is not going to be as diverse as the previous games?

Yeah I'm pretty confident they'll be in, but I think most people were referring to them not being representing in the cover art voting.

Fair enough, I also thought they would eventually be announced. I haven't been following this game much though I remember reading about interest in bringing this to the west. Glad that's happening!

I've always wanted to play one of these, but I've never really looked too closely due to the lack of western releases. Didn't want to get all envious.

Is it pure 2v2, or is there single player stuff and other modes too? I'm really interested in the online play, but I'm curious about the overall package.

All the footage seems to have Japanese commentary so I can't make sense of it...

[url="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=756071']Donkey Show's OT for EXVS Full Boost[/url] is actually one of the best English resources for the game online. Worth taking a look at.

Piccoro

It will feel so good to play an Arena fighter again!
And the last Gundam game I played was Gundam Musou on the PS3.

wvnative

Never watched the show, but this just looks like a fun game.

Can I easily play this without knowledge of the show?

Also can you do 1v1 battles?

Zakalwe

Banned
Donkey Show's OT for EXVS Full Boost is actually one of the best English resources for the game online. Worth taking a look at.

Link was invalid, I take it you meant this one?

Thanks a lot, I'll take a read through.

Can ps4 please stop releasing games for a month or two, I need some time to recover.

My Xtreme Vs Force did it's job!

In the other side, we won't get original OST as the common rule in Gundam games :(

Why they had to fuck up that Z Gundam License?

I prefer to have the OST in the game and not use "custom BGM", that way I can't slip some Space Jam tracks on my games.

I got more than my money's worth just playing the offline solo modes in EXVS

Never watched the show, but this just looks like a fun game.

Can I easily play this without knowledge of the show?

Also can you do 1v1 battles?

I don't think these games follow any sort of plot, so I'm sure it could easily be enjoyed by someone who just likes the gameplay.

Top Bottom