• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Versus |OT| The World, Western release out now!

That's gonna add up. Maybe more than other FGs. Probably due to the fact that there are a ton of legacy characters we don't have.

GM Custom
The chasing capabilities of AC will be decreased.
The machine gun damage from the AC input will be decreased. (Damage from 102->80)

OQQuhPF.jpg

Noooooooooooooo ;__;

Pengu

Neo Member
I have no clue where I got the impression pale rider was coming on the 4th and not the 24th. I like playing the full armor gundam, but I feel it's missile attacks could be a bit better in some way.

I have no clue where I got the impression pale rider was coming on the 4th and not the 24th. I like playing the full armor gundam, but I feel it's missile attacks could be a bit better in some way.

Yeah it doesn't feel like a main weapon but something to finish the plate or lock people down. I had him in mind but quickly dropped him.

Bebpo

Banned
So blocking is really effective in this! I'd never really used blocking in Vs games and just tried to dodge everything, but the more I played the more I saw good players constantly blocking everything I threw out at them. Even blocking giant burst attacks which seems a bit OP.

But yeah when you block an attack and then counter it's pretty satisfying. Just tough anticipating attacks to block. Is there anything blocking doesn't block? Trying to figure out the best way to counter blocking opponents.

Also has anyone ever hit anything in flying mode? Without lock-on for beam shots I have no idea how you hit anything while flying. Mostly use flying modes just to quick escape or catch up to fleeing opponents.

And why is Wing Gundam 500? Finally tried him and doesn't seem that good.

Wing Gundam can dish out damage and fuck up your tracking.

Also blocking works for everything but maybe grabs? It's hard to say since the game doesn't have a fucking training mode.

Also blocking works for everything but maybe grabs? It's hard to say since the game doesn't have a fucking training mode.

Only unblockables in this game are the Pressure stun moves that radiate out in a wave.

Otherwise, if you're getting hit out of a block, you're getting hit from the sides or back by direct attacks or AOE splash damage from explosives.

Only unblockables in this game are the Pressure stun moves that radiate out in a wave.

Otherwise, if you're getting hit out of a block, you're getting hit from the sides or back by direct attacks or AOE splash damage from explosives.

Ahh didn't know that. Imagine if they had a training mode
where
I could
practice all this shit
goddamnit.

Curious to see how things will change in the beta, if anything at all. Gonna double dip on this game anyway so might as well test out the servers.

JKTrix

Also has anyone ever hit anything in flying mode? Without lock-on for beam shots I have no idea how you hit anything while flying. Mostly use flying modes just to quick escape or catch up to fleeing opponents.
Late but I "discovered" recently that when you're in MA mode in any suit that has it, if you double tap forward you will face your target. I'm told it has been in previous games. Definitely makes it more usable...though I still haven't been using flight modes.

Dang it's been some time since this topic got bumped. I'm still on this game, but I wish I had some local people to play with. Not used to playing just online.

I wanted to play some Thunderbolt but I have no idea how to use him. Is he just super defensive with that shield charge?

That actually makes it more aggressive since you have several ways to attack out of it. It covers your approach and makes it easier to get in on an opponent. It's certainly as annoying to deal with as the GM Custom charge.

Ahh I didn't read the movelist. Yeah, you can do different things out it and it's pretty neat. Reminds me of Abigail's run mixups. It's sad that he's kinda boring though after playing him for a bit. A little too vanilla.

I wonder how long it's going to take for the dlc to reach the NA when the game comes out.

Would be nice if they provided a season pass for it. But when Force finally released in the states several months after the JP release, it had all the patches/add-ons day 1. Hopefully it'll be a similar situation.

Wow the Phantom Gundam. Never really thought they would go into Crossbone Gundam Ghost for mobile suits. I hope the X-0 makes it in then.

Bebpo

Banned
FYI some of the new suits are up. Bound Doc, Perfect G-Self, Pale Rider. Still waiting on Gushion Rebake.

Also Nightingale got announced just now to be released in September with Phantom Gundam. Hope its cool. It's always lame that Hi-Nu is constantly in things but not its counterpart Nightingale. I'm down to buy that and Phantom next month.

SaviourMK2

The trial version just released on the playstation store but it's not playable because it "hasn't started"?

When does the trial play start?

Preloading started today and the Open Beta will take place from 9/2/2017 @ 12 AM PDT to 9/4/2017 @ 12 AM PDT based on what I see on the web PSN store.

Bebpo

Banned
Never really got the appeal of perfect strike. Why not just play normal strike with more attack options due to the different packs?

Gusion's model looks good but otherwise it looks like a clunky melee unit zzz

I was kinda hyped for the DLC but after watching the videos of all the new units I'm not buying any this month. Might pick up Phantom/Nightingale next month though. Phantom looks fun.

Would be nice if they provided a season pass for it. But when Force finally released in the states several months after the JP release, it had all the patches/add-ons day 1. Hopefully it'll be a similar situation.

There's a lot they'd be leaving on the table in terms of money and I don't trust NB to do so.

Were the addons for Force paid?

Top Bottom