• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gunman kills twelve at theater in Aurora Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because kids wouldn't had to be part of this attack if the restrictions were stronger for such a movie.

Oh. My. God! A life is a life. Some people can't get babysitters. SOme people have children who are big fans and want to take them to it as a treat. Who cares what kind of people were there? The loss of life is still heinous. This "Women and children" talk is so lame in the face of the situation. If it were all men over 18 that died, would it make it better? Do those men not have girlfriends, wives, children, brothers, sisters, grandpas, grandmas, aunties, uncles...et-fucking-cetera?

Sorry for the angry post, it's nothing personal. It just irks me the wrong way.

Police issuing a press conference in a few minutes.

Just insane.

How soon until we get metal detectors when going to the movies?.

The shit times we live in.

Owl

Neo Member
Man, this is just terrible. What sick fuck does this? What a horrific situation. I hope justice is served swiftly and efficiently. My heart goes out to the victims and everyone else involved.

Just got the movie spoiled by reading a thread about this elsewhere. Not even 4chan either.

FML

Really?
....Really dude. That should be the last of your worries.

FOX News is the only one reporting a death toll; CNN says that there are probably deaths.

So nothing "confirmed", yet....just early reports, I assume

Yeah, they're covering it on Sky News here atm - saying that 10 reported dead, but nothing confirmed.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
This is just so fucking depressing and disturbing.

Beyond fucked up.

Kamek

There have been metal detectors at the theater I go to (in NY) since the 90s because there was a shooting there when I was much younger. Damn the people who did this. RIP to the victims and especially their families. To think, not even seeing a movie is safe anymore. I laughed when I emptied my pockets today at the metal detector at my theater thinking it was bullshit, but man I regret feeling that way now. RIP to those gone.

Wow, apparently the guy had a bullet proof vest? I wonder how accurate this is.

I hope this is not as professional as it sounds.
If he had tear gas it would be a pretty good bet he had a vest as well.

Scanner saying a mall rent-a-cop causing problems for the real cops. What an idiot.

MIMIC

Banned
Yeah...seems like the injury toll is going to rise. Piggy-backing off of the 50-people figure, FOX News just said 30 to 40 might be injured

CNN is doing the right thing. We got hospital numbers, confirmed injuries for a few people... not sure how anybody could throw around an exact number right now, if they are doing that.

CNN is also giving false hope. I feel they should put up something like "reports of fatalities"

Edit: CNN is now confirming 10 killed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom