• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guy makes the most awesome wall in the history of walls!

Jasoco

Banned
I've never played Day of the Tentacle, nor have I ever played Psychonauts. But even I knew it wasn't Psychonauts.

We didn't have a computer capable of playing that stuff back when it came out.

Odysseus said:
I recognize that picture.

Ditto.
Please don't ban me.

Danthrax said:
That is the most awesome Okami wall I have ever seen.
:lol

PolyGone said:
I thought it was from spongebob
Now that you mention it, it does look like a character from SBSP. Please don't hurt me.

Schafer said:
Holy shit!!! I need to hire that guy.
Well, it looks pretty easy to make. All you need is a projector and the image you want to paint on a clear plastic slide. Trace the lines. Paint. Done! If I had a spare wall I'd do that. But I don't have an empty wall.

Sallokin

looking at the step by step process, this seems way easy. I'd love to give this a try if the g/f wouldn't kill me. Though she does like moogles... let the persuasion begin.

jarosh

11599610_f4eaec58cd_m.jpg

I will admit that I have never played Day of the Tentacle, though I've always wanted to. I <3 Maniac Mansion.

I keep an eternal candlelight vigil in prayer for rereleased lucasarts adventures on my DS. I missed out on too many of them :(

I could feel something in the force recently. That's why I busted out my old Lucas Arts games. Replaying MM right now with Sam & Max waiting on the sidelines. But I want to play throuh Day one more time.

haha, awesome! I know the guy that made this (met him at E3), and he just recieved this on his blog comments:

#52 Kommentar fra Dave Grossman (DOTT writer and project leader):

Hey, that looks great!
When I was a teenager I used to paint comic book characters on my wall using a similar method.
I can't wait to see what you do with the other three walls and the ceiling.
(Sorry for the English but Google doesn't translate into Norwegian.)

Naturally, this could be anyone, so he emailed Grossman's real email, and got this reply:

Stefan,

Yes, that was me on your blog. Someone at Telltale Games sent me a link to the DOTT wall, which I thought was pretty cool. I attempted to comment (and did so twice because the alert message that popped up was in Norwegian so I had no idea what it said!). I think one of the best things about the Web is that if you put something like that up, the likelihood of the people who wrote the game getting wind of it is actually pretty high....

Anyway, keep up the good work.

Dave

Awesome!

Paladin69

unifin is trying to fit in and look like a person who plays something other than Nintendo-only, and then fails miserably from the start.

hilarious.

Squeak

Crucified said:
Some of this Norwegian commentary is just gold:
All of the text is pure gold! Non scandinavians are really missing out. :lol

(warning: some degree of nudity will occur in a few of the pictures here so hold on to you ovaries ladies!)

Jado

Banned
jarosh said:
amir0x, can you please ban everyone who never played dott?

You know, computers were once prohibitively expensive for a lot of people and now the games themselves are not so easy to obtain. That said, I still managed to download the LucasFan ver. of Maniac Mansion and had a lot of fun. :)

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Jado said:
You know, computers were once prohibitively expensive for a lot of people and now the games themselves are not so easy to obtain. That said, I still managed to download the LucasFan ver. of Maniac Mansion and had a lot of fun. :)

i ordered the adventure games collector's tin from lucasarts a couple of summers ago.
great stuff.

beat

typo said:
YOU'RE LUCKY! BACK IN TEH DAY IT COSTED $499.99 ON 85 FLOOPSES!
I got it at a local computer hobbyist fair on CD. Full talkie, man!

Sp3eD said:
Maniac Mansion is 100 times better. Should have drawn exploded hams on the wall.
Well, since DOTT includes MM in its entirety and has more gaming besides, it must be better! ... oh, that was only the CD version? Whoops.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
Kung Fu Jedi said:
Great Wall was built to keep out the Mongol, Hunnic, and Turkish nomadic raiders, and there were several of the walls built over time by various emprerors. I've been there in person, and it's pretty awe inspring. Even more so then the Tentacle.
To be fair, I don't see any Mongols in that room, so the Tentacle wall serves the same function as the Great Wall and looks better doing it.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
well i've never played psychonauts and i've never even heard of day of the tentacle, so don't feel bad unifin.

Scrow said:
well i've never played psychonauts and i've never even heard of day of the tentacle, so don't feel bad unifin.

Well, to be fair, it can be hard to track down a Bandai Pippin to play them on.

firex

FoxHimself said:
You are clearly wrong. Your entire opinion is wrong. Nothing is better than the Tentacle!!!!!!111
I think I've found a compromise: Let's draw the Tentacle on the Great Wall!

Top Bottom