• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hackers tell Sony “The Interview may release now”—with edits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kim Jong Un hasn't been seen publicly for a while, last I heard. Is it possible they don't want the scene to be shown because people might begin to ask questions about where their glorious leader has been?

You forgot the last demand OP. Sony now has to change it's name to Reek.

Reek... Reek will never betray us! Now, Reek, even though you chest has remained inexplicably clean-shaven through weeks of torture, I will let you have a bath.

USA looks quite pathetic as well.

This. The hackers are working for the North Korean government, according to the FBI. That means their statements are also those of North Korea. There are only nine countries in the world with known nuclear weapons. One of them has threatened to attack the country... literally, verbally proclaiming that it will be in the style of 9/11.

That's a declaration of war. When 9/11 actually happened, the people who did it weren't actually affiliated with the government of Afghanistan... they were actually Saudi Arabians who just planned the attack there. But we went to war with Afghanistan for it anyway, with our rootin' tootin' president telling us "they hate us for our freedoms".

Well... this is literally that again, except this time it's really true. This time it's not just some jokers in a cave that happen to be within the country's borders, it's a group working directly FOR the country. This time, it really IS in response to a freedom that we have, that the country in question doesn't. This time, unlike Afghanistan or Iraq, the country in question really DOES have nuclear weapons. You say they don't have delivery systems to use them? Well, 9/11 required very little money and manpower... far less than KJU has at his disposal. I'm pretty liberal and I don't like war. But this is a nuclear powered foreign dictator literally telling us to "expect another 9/11" if a business here doesn't comply with his demands.

No thanks, I'll wait for the "Dictator's Cut" Blu-Ray special edition.

Maybe the lesson here is to not make a movie about killing a real person, especially someone who seems to be a certifiably violent attention whore. Like... why

I know exactly what you mean, my son came home the other day and said there's this kid Scotty at his school threatens and steals other kid's lunch money every day at the school. My son asked me if he should go and tell his teacher about this kid.

I told him to not rat! and never mess with a violent attention whore like Scotty.

Hoo-doo

Banned
These 'Hackers' are slowly realizing that they can't keep this up.

And threatening with another 9/11? Yeah nah, 'Bama gon' put seal team six on these chump-asses.

BadHand

We can't buckle to the demands of terrorists!

Don't release the movie!

EDIT: This is actually quite clever - whatever happens (release or not), they have had their demands met.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I don't understand what any of that means

It would be funny if they "force" Sony to release the movie now

"Don't release the movie! You will give in to terrorist demands now!"

impact

Banned
Oh man, the South Park episode about this is going to be amazing.

I feel like this is already based off a South Park episode it's so fucking stupid.

I hope next year they tell us we can't celebrate christmas or they'll attack. This country is so filled with pussies they'd probably listen, and then I don't have to buy anyone presents D:

These fuckers are going to release all that information at some point eventually anyway.

Its up to Sony if they want it to get out right now or will they just kick the ball a few months down the road?

Now the NK has pretty much done as much as they could to Sony due to this movie, I hope when it is eventually released they leave in whatever parts they supposedly edited out in the first place. Might as well go in hard at this point.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I don't understand what any of that means

It would be funny if they "force" Sony to release the movie now

"Don't release the movie! You will give in to terrorist demands now!"

Yeah, imagine if they said they would 9/11 theatres unless they played this film 24/7 in an edited version where Kim kills Obama.

MIMIC

Banned
The hackers are just having fun now. No way will an edited version be released. The movie will either be released in its entirety or it won't be released at all.

Dryk

They can't keep giving into these people's demands forever so that information is coming out eventually. Just get it over with Sony.

Xcellere

I hope Sony goes in balls deep now and ramps the carnage against Kim Jong Un up to 11. Torture him, defile him, disrespect him as much as possible. Really twist that knife.

Muffdraul

picdump-14-12-19-058gtuom.jpg

Please tell me those hats are photoshopped. They have to be.

usea

Seth Rogen and James Franco should plan a trip to NK to apologize to Kim Jong-un in person for making the movie. As a sort of diplomatic mission. And then the CIA should recruit them to kill him during their trip. Imagine how insane that would be if it happened IRL.

Please tell me those hats are photoshopped. They have to be.

Someone is compensating.

Seth Rogen and James Franco should plan a trip to NK to apologize to Kim Jong-un in person for making the movie. As a sort of diplomatic mission. And then the CIA should recruit them to kill him during their trip. Imagine how insane that would be if it happened IRL.

That plan is so crazy, it just might work!

Don't do it Roco, you'll get tortured and killed.

wondermega

Next step GOP orders Sony to release edited version OR ELSE and then on the night of the premiere GOP magically change their mind and order Sony to cancel edited version as well OR ELSE

I can picture North Korea's top dogs jerking off to the news of Sony cancelling the movie's release. Then through all the excitement they get the idea of for this new declaration, a transparent attempt to make themselves look merciful and just.

At least maybe their current good mood will slightly shield a few North Koreans from tyranny for a few hours...

JCX

Maybe North Korean hackers are just the leadership change Sony needs to be on top of Hollywood again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom