• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hackers tell Sony “The Interview may release now”—with edits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bricky

So in the end they hacked Sony to make them remove the only scene of the movie that already leaked from the final cut.

This is getting so hilariously weird it will make the movie seem like a serious drama in comparison.

Arcteryx

1: Release the film in it's current state(hell, I'd rather see the OLD ending re-instated)
2: If, and I mean IF, they retaliate...turn them into glass.

DarkFlow

Banned
You guys really don't seem to understand how much NK actually has on Sony Picutres. 100TB of just shit they don't want in the public that could potentially ruin them. They aren't going to give in because of vague threats, they would give in because they fear what has already been taken will be made public.
You're kidding yourself if you think they won't release it all anyway.

Movie should end like this;

tumblr_l2oir9npfC1qc073co1_400.gif

Fbh

Over at IGN I read that the FBI confirmed the hacking was done by North Korea.

If so, just release the damn movie. It's just North Korea being North Korea, they aren't going to do anything

Seventy70

Over at IGN I read that the FBI confirmed the hacking was done by North Korea.

If so, just release the damn movie. It's just North Korea being North Korea, they aren't going to do anything

Then they are going to leak the executives precious secrets.

Jenov

What. So if Sony doesn't release it will the hackers get upset at the non-action? So confusing. Fuck these guys, release the full thing in all it's glory, and litter NK with VHS copies of the movie, lawls.

Saganator

Please tell me there is going to be a South Park episode for this. This is such a fucking joke.. but not. Wish we could just block NK from the internet.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
So when is the NSA gonna go ahead and start leaking pictures of Glorious Leader in his hearts boxers and his granpda with that giant tumor on his neck or whatever?

Just drop pictures that show how stupid and human out of balloons or something...

As much as death and war and fighting is terrible i really wish they would pull some shit a little more threatening so the rest of the world could all just collectively go "Ok. Fuck these clowns. Time for the paddlins..."

Imagine if a gang of angry fans were able to hack a major film company and force them to do a proper adaptation of the source material. I'm looking at you fantastic 4.

z3phon

Yeah but if there's any possibility of preventing that data to leak online, don't you think Sony would try doing that?

Everyone critizing Sony, are you forgetting Sony is a business. They don't care about fighting terrorism, they only care about saving their asses and what they did was the only option they have right now, that serves them best.

They obviously are scared shitless because of more damaging data being leaked.Yes there's a possibility they will still go ahead and leak stuff, but there's a slight chance that they might not.

Did the other companies or the president make any public statement before Sony made the decision of cancelling the movie to show support for Sony, that they have sonys back?

If Sony went ahead and released it. If there was any truth to the threat and people got hurt. Wouldn't people criticize Sony for ignoring such a threat.

Sony already got screwed so I don't think they were in the best position to stand up to these terrorists. It's the other studios like paramount and fox that need to be criticized for being so scared when they weren't even the targets.

Joeki11a

Banned
I'm more amazed at the people on this forum defending Sony than the actual news. No wonder this world is so fucked up.

I am amazed they assume NK would do a 911
WTF?
This whole thing seems like a Psyop,

This whole thing seems like is being used
to distract from something that could really happen or is happening.

LosDaddie

Banned
Like I said in the other thread, I never cared about the movie, but now I do want to see it 'just because'. What a clusterfuck Sony is in. They are totally allowing themselves to be censored here.

Hilarious. The hackers must have some good dirt on Sony. No other reason otherwise they'd act so cowardly.

I'm more amazed at the people on this forum defending Sony than the actual news. No wonder this world is so fucked up.

Are you new to GAF?

We don't give into terrorists' demands.

Except for when we do.

I hear that Sony isn't at fault here.

I think GOP went too nice. They should have requested the end of the film be Rogen and Franco be executed, USA is nuked, and Kim Jong Un becomes undisputed ruler of the world.

This doesn't make sense. If they release it all anyway then no studio will ever comply to their demands again. Neither will sony. They lost all their cards at that point. It's in NK's best interest NOT to release the info then they can continue blackmailing Sony and potentially other studios as well.

chessnut

Maybe it's been answered before, but why is it Sony's fault? They don't have the means to distribute the film, right? I was listening to an interview of the CEO of Sony on NPR today and he said they are actively looking for partners in which to distribute the film. Shouldn't be blaming AMC and other popular theater chains?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Isn't the whole reason Sony backed out of release because of the personal information those hackers have? Not for some potential violence in movie theaters.

If someone had all my personal information and threatened me with it, I'd hardly respond with a "fuck off I'm releasing this anyway" mentality. Especially for a dumb film like this.

Maybe the lesson here is to not make a movie about killing a real person, especially someone who seems to be a certifiably violent attention whore. Like... why
The lesson is to secure your data. The hackers aren't exactly trustworthy anyway, so there's no guarantee that the leaks will stop.

HariKari

The lesson is to secure your data. The hackers aren't exactly trustworthy anyway, so there's no guarantee that the leaks will stop.

This was military grade stuff, with the chance of an insider. I don't really blame Sony for falling victim here. How they handled it is entirely up for debate. So far, they've done pretty poorly. Only now are they trying to turn the debate after intense public pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom