• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Haikyuu Manga lOTl Fly High!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Kenma was die for a moment there in todays chapter, but he persevered. lol
DIASyQoXkAEI_Dk.jpg:small

Yaku with that overly enthusiastic slap though amazing.
DIAUUinW0AA_ZF3.jpg:small

Chase17

Kenma is tired. So Karasuno vs Nekoma is a given at this point right? I forget what the bracket looks like though.

Chase17

Kenma was pretty funny this chapter. Liked the panel of the group shot where he face plants right after they win.

Time to get some Nishinoya focus? Hype.

Yonafunu

Good chapter.

I'm still a bit conflicted about Karasuno and Nekoma facing off this early. The teams after Nekoma better get some good buildup, cause there's no way it'll stack up to the crow-cat rivalry.

Also, I think Fukunaga is now officially my favorite Nekoma player.

Chase17

Good chapter.

I'm still a bit conflicted about Karasuno and Nekoma facing off this early. The teams after Nekoma better get some good buildup, cause there's no way it'll stack up to the crow-cat rivalry.

Also, I think Fukunaga is now officially my favorite Nekoma player.

If Karasuno were to lose to Nekoma, I could see Nekoma losing off screen after that.

Though I guess someone has to get to Sosuke (or whatever his name is) and the Hinata like guy.

Yonafunu

If Karasuno were to lose to Nekoma, I could see Nekoma losing off screen after that.

Though I guess someone has to get to Sosuke (or whatever his name is) and the Hinata like guy.

The interesting thing about Sakusa and Kourai (the Hinata-like guy) is that they're both second-years, as is Motoya, Sakusa's libero (and best high-school libero). So Karasuno doesn't necessarily need to face them this year.

It pretty much all comes down to whether Furudate's planning a second-year.

GhostBed

During the Karasuno V Date Tech practice match before Nationals, Keishin said that Date Tech would be one of the strongest teams next year. That moment pretty much solidified that there will be a second year. Just seems like an awful lot of setup if everything is just gonna end after this arc.

My biggest question: how many first years will Karasuno get? 3-4? 1? None?

I'm particularly excited for a 2nd year because I feel the manga will be harder to predict then. Everything that has occurred/is occurring currently was laid out pretty plainly a long time ago.

Ooops, I forgot what I said last chapter and then was taken by surprise when Tsukki block failed. Of course Inarizaki would be unstoppable when the lead is like that and its only the 2nd set.

Nice chapter overall, Im looking to see Tsuki overcome them as well as Nishinoya.
DJnwP6pWsAAYBom.jpg:small

Chase17

Good chapter. Nishinoya highlight is already very enjoyable.

The interesting thing about Sakusa and Kourai (the Hinata-like guy) is that they're both second-years, as is Motoya, Sakusa's libero (and best high-school libero). So Karasuno doesn't necessarily need to face them this year.

It pretty much all comes down to whether Furudate's planning a second-year.

Ah, forgot they were second years. So they could definitely take a bigger role in a second year if they don't meet in this tournament.

GhostBed

Man, this game has been so good. Suga getting on the court always makes for some fun moments and that play was amazing.

Is it just me or has the art been especially exceptional this game? Furudate's style has made some massive strides since the beginning of the manga but especially now it is looking gooooooood.

Gvitor

I thought that I was always able to guess DTL's panel of the week, but I got it wrong this time. I guessed it'd be the calmgeyama panel

Always mixed on whenever we see the captain they could either be really good ace quality or just more Daichi types, you know, we barely ever see Daichi be the ace.

Good chapter, loved the Kindaichi, Hinata faces at the start.

Yonafunu

Volume 28 came with some new character profiles and damn

Hoshiumi looking boss as hell

Stats: (clockwise from top)
Power 3/5
Jumping 5/5
Stamina 5/5
Game sense 4/5
Technique 5/5
Speed 4/5

Them stats tho

GhostBed

Volume 28 came with some new character profiles and damn

Hoshiumi looking boss as hell

Nice. Hoshiumi is such an awesome addition to the series.

Regarding the chapter, my guess is that the captain is like Suga; he's good and will come in and make a few good plays, but he won't monumentally shake up the match.

Yonafunu

I like how Kita's exactly what he says he is; someone to tide things over. I guess he's a relatively average player who always plays 100%. He's the perfect player to close out a set with if you're in the lead.

I always love when furudate shows the other teams commenting on Karasuno's games. Shiarabu! Kindaichi...

But anyway good chapter, I also though it seemed like art improved this chapter, many of the character face panels looked pretty good and clean especially nishinoya face.

Captain of Inarizaki is quickly becoming a favorite inarizaki, that line to Atsumu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom