• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hajime Tabata: "Currently no plans to reveal more info about Versus XIII"

Dremark

Banned
Right but if the game is only 25% done when Tabata takes over and Nomura is gone, it's hard to fully realize that vision, is what I'm saying. I'm sure it's not as simple as saying Tabata stabbed Nomura in the back etc.

Well no I'm not saying that. The general consensus seemed to be that it was all a line of BS and they removed Nomura so the project would actually finish.

At the time I took it at face value but as time has gone on and details have come out, it sounds more like there was a messy failed project that Tabata tried to salvage elements from and basically did what he could with.

This isn't to blame Tabata at all, but it's still disappointing and it doesn't look as interesting as it did in the earlier stages if development to me.

Ran rp

a messy failed project that Tabatha tried to salvage

This isn't to blame Tabatha at all

amUNiaM.png

Eidan

Versus XIII actually looked like an interesting game. Whether it was intentional or not SE made it sound like these were the same game.

This statement makes 15 sound more like Versus XIII got axed straight out and 15 was made using what they could salvage.
Versus XIII was a bunch of promises and cool trailers that came out before Obama was even elected. It's easy to put it on a pedestal, when we came no where close to even seeing a playable version. XV is burdened with the fact that it's an actual game, and Versus XIII is the idea of one.

Dremark

Banned
PSY・S;214931685 said:

I'm on a cellphone, it auto"corrected" to that without me noticing if you're point input the typo.

If you're acting like I'm blaming Tabata, I'm really not. If you inherit an unformed mess and it's your job to make a game out of it, none of that is your fault. Regardless of outcome I respect the fact he took the responsibility to see it through.

Versus XIII was a bunch of promises and cool trailers that came out before Obama was even elected. It's easy to put it on a pedestal, when we came no where close to even seeing a playable version. XV is burdened with the fact that it's an actual game, and Versus XIII is the idea of one.

Even without comparing it to the old trailers FFXV isn't really interesting me. I get what you're saying though, it's easier to put something that doesn't and will never exist up because it will never have to live up to it.

I'm pretty sure Obama was in power in 2011. I think you have a fair point, but I'm not sure it applies to "which story looks more interesting." Of course, we will never know if versus' story was good or bad.

Koozek

He wants to do a new IP for his next project. I think that will allow him to showcase his talents a bit more than picking up another director's baggage or working with a series with established expectations from the fans.
If I'm completely honest I don't want him/BD2 to make anything but mainline FFs :/ They're probably the only team big enough and experienced enough with modern development now, so it feels like a waste of time and resources to have them work on a new IP. If they want to shorten the time between mainline FFs they need at least 2 teams on BD2's level. Let smaller teams try out new IPs.

Everything we sort of knew about Versus XIII

- Main character: Noctis Lucis Caelum (Still in XV)
- Main female character: Stella Nox Fleuret (Sort of not in XV, sort of)
- 3 party members that were best friends with the main (Still in XV)
- King Regis (Still in XV, but now he doesn't wear a suit and has a derpy face)
- Game starts in Insomnia with a full blown invasion. Similar to the opening of FFVII. (Not in XV, but this was reworked into Kingsglaive)
- A fantasy based on Reality (Still in XV)
- Noctis's royal family was based off the Yakuza (not in XV)
- Insomnia worship death (not in XV)
- A Venice style city (Still in XV)
- Niflhiem are the main baddies (Still in XV)
- KH combat (not in XV, but still not turn based)
- Controllable party members (not In XV)
- Noctis can see someone's death or their soul expire or some shit like that (Still in XV)
- Noctis eyes turn red (Still in XV)
- Noctis and crew wearing Roen clothing (Still in XV)
- Engine blade (Still in XV)
- Warping (Still in XV)
- Dark tone (Not in XV as far as we know)
- Road trip theme (Still in XV)
- Awesome trailers (Not in XV)

Bookmarked for future threads.

KtSlime

We haven't heard the end of it for years now. I doubt XV being good or bad will change the behavior of those still clinging to this nonexistent game.

A nonexistent game that was used to sell overpriced PS3s. Fortunately they changed the platform, because most of the PS3s sold based on that promise probably died years ago thanks to Sony's 'craftsmanship'.

Can't change history, but SE lost a bit of trust with me at least.

TheTux

A nonexistent game that was used to sell overpriced PS3s. Fortunately they changed the platform, because most of the PS3s sold based on that promise probably died years ago thanks to Sony's 'craftsmanship'.

Can't change history, but SE lost a bit of trust with me at least.

To be honest if you bought a PS3 for Versus and then regretted it because the game didn't come out you only have yourself to blame in my opinion.

Why would you buy a console only for a game that doesn't even have a release date?

To be honest if you bought a PS3 for Versus and then regretted it because the game didn't come out you only have yourself to blame in my opinion.

Why would you buy a console only for a game that doesn't even have a release date?

Seriously. You see how people freak out about how no one shoulder pre-order games, but this goes a step beyond.

Don't buy a console for a game that isn't out. That's dumb.

and i think they let him direct FF7R as an apology note of sorts to wasting his time over all those years without really letting him make the game he wanted too.

Pretty harsh apology 'reward' the way I see it; i.e. "Now you can go stand DIRECTLY in front of the firing squad by making a remake of many people's favorite, 'untouchable' game!"

I'm very excited about VII-RE, but I have no doubt it's going to be eviscerated by vocal 'passionate' fans on the internet. Don't make any significant changes? "Why bother?!?" You're fucked. Make significant changes? "How dare they change _____!!!!!" You're fucked. Shit... it already started with the PSX gameplay (?) reveal last year and the immediate "Sky is falling!" sentiment once the whole multiple-parts conversation came into play.

I'm rooting for Nomura/Kitase big time, but this project- reimagining many people's 'Gold Standard'- is about as big as it gets. In all honesty it would probably be less stressful creating something totally new (like XVI or XVII). Less baggage. :p

KtSlime

I got a few games for it, but Versus13 was the game I really wanted for it, and yeah, your 100% right. I only have myself to blame for believing false promises. But I'm not the only person to buy a system on the promise of future games, otherwise companies wouldn't make teaser videos "buy our system and not the other because some day we will have these really awesome exclusive games*"

*unless it gets canceled

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
If I'm completely honest I don't want him/BD2 to make anything but mainline FFs :/ They're probably the only team big enough and experienced enough with modern development now, so it feels like a waste of time and resources to have them work on a new IP. If they want to shorten the time between mainline FFs they need at least 2 teams on BD2's level. Let smaller teams try out new IPs.

Bookmarked for future threads.
You're forgetting BD5.

TheTux

Seriously. You see how people freak out about how no one shoulder pre-order games, but this goes a step beyond.

Don't buy a console for a game that isn't out. That's dumb.
I can understand buying a console for a game, but at least wait for the official release date lol.

I got a few games for it, but Versus13 was the game I really wanted for it, and yeah, your 100% right. I only have myself to blame for believing false promises. But I'm not the only person to buy a system on the promise of future games, otherwise companies wouldn't make teaser videos "buy our system and not the other because some day we will have these really awesome exclusive games*"

*unless it gets canceled
You speak a bit like SE is the console manufacturer here.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying SE didn't make a mistake by announcing a game's concept that never came to be, it's just that in my opinion people could've waited until it was certain that the game would come out before buying the console.

Also let's not forget that it is easy to talked about mistakes years after we made them but we all know that SE didn't plan to fuck up the VsXIII project. Though yes, it was really really really stupid to announce a game when they didn't even have anything playable or in full production.

Diablos

Well no I'm not saying that. The general consensus seemed to be that it was all a line of BS and they removed Nomura so the project would actually finish.

At the time I took it at face value but as time has gone on and details have come out, it sounds more like there was a messy failed project that Tabata tried to salvage elements from and basically did what he could with.

This isn't to blame Tabata at all, but it's still disappointing and it doesn't look as interesting as it did in the earlier stages if development to me.
Ah, I see what you mean now. I would tend to agree with you. Versus isn't as rosy as some people here may believe in regards to what could have been.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
If they want FF to come out at a faster pace, they should really use UE4 and makes the maps smaller, something like FFX is good.

You're forgetting BD5.

Isn't that the SaGa team?

TheTux

You're forgetting BD5.

If they want FF to come out at a faster pace, they should really use UE4 and makes the maps smaller, something like FFX is good.

Isn't that the SaGa team?

I swear I was going to answer Kagari but I thought I read BD6 in the original post, did you edit it, Kagari?

BD5 is Naoki Yoshida's division (FFXIV).

Lol I feel like half of Kagari's posts are her remembering people that FFXIV exists and is awesome.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, I got a chance to become a writer for jpgames and never followed up to the offer..maybe I should have done that lol. Good interview.

Oh the truth will come out eventually.

Artists working on versus XIII exclusively will have work in their portfolios for all to see once XV is released. Ultimania's will reveal stuff.

Life is a long journey...10 years from now when everyone cares about all this far less is when the figure that lies in sleep shall tell all

Setsu00

Artists working on versus XIII exclusively will have work in their portfolios for all to see once XV is released. Ultimania's will reveal stuff.

Life is a long journey...10 years from now when everyone cares about all this far less is when the figure that lies in sleep shall tell all

My heart won't let go.

TheTux

Oh cool, new Nova Crystallis podcast episode feat. Kagari about the recent FFXV stuff. For someone so evil, she has a nice voice and sounds likeable, but I guess that's her schtick to charm and control her legions, so be careful everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm43P8vGIOM

https://soundcloud.com/nova-crystal...-looking-forward-to-it-episode-15-aug-22-2016

Keep in mind she delayed FFXV. /s

Oh sure, after a few years we'll know more and maybe even get a postmortem like we with XIII.

Koozek

I'm going to watch Baz Luhrmann's Romeo + Juliet now and then I'll cry myself into sleep.
On a related note, I recently watched the first episode of The Get Down on Netflix, which was directed by Luhrmann. And it showed :D Basically like an over-the-top 70-80's Hip Hop musical.
You're forgetting BD5.

Hm, that's the FFXIV team, right? Could they really work on another mainline title alongside FFXIV, though? BD5 also contains the FFXII team, no? Is Ito in there? He apparently works on FFXII HD as a supervisor. I wonder if that's really all he's been doing in the last decade, lol (outside of the few mobile games).

Dark_castle

Right, I forgot about Nojima being the actual scenario writer. Still, I'm not too confident in Nojima's work after all the crap he's written over the years, from FFX-2 to KH2 to Advent Children to Crisis Core to this...
xoGV64H.gif

And the current FFXV's scenario writer, Itamuro written the scenario for Dissidia 012. It's like a pick your poison shit. SE is running out of good writers.

TheTux

On a related note, I recently watched the first episode of The Get Down on Netflix, which was directed by Luhrmann. And it showed :D Basically like an over-the-top 70-80's Hip Hop musical.

Hm, that's the FFXIV team, right? Could they really work on another mainline title alongside FFXIV, though? BD5 also contains the FFXII team, no? Is Ito in there? He apparently works on FFXII HD as a supervisor. I wonder if that's really all he's been doing in the last decade, lol (outside of the few mobile games).

The running joke is that Ito works in the basement and only leaves it when he finds some old game's source code like he did with FFIX lol.

Koozek

What many forget is that they probably don't want to talk about Versus' whole story, script, or characters yet because it could spoil a lot of FFXV, too. Maybe afterwards in some interviews or Ultimania.

Know of any good summaries of the structure of Square Enix and the various business divisions?

Here's a post from @Sora96 on the kh13 forums from last year:

Square Enix Japan

Business Division 1

• Mobius Final Fantasy - continuing updates & international version
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - Windows PC, iOS & Android ports - expected in the coming weeks
  • Final Fantasy VII - PS4 port expected in December
  • Motomu Toriyama's project - most likely FFVII Remake, if not it'll be announced in the next couple months
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake

Business Division 2

• Final Fantasy Type-0 Online - releasing in 2016
  • Final Fantasy XV - releasing in 2016, DLC to follow
  • New IP - To begin full development once XV is done

Business Division 3

• Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ - continuing updates & international version
  • World of Final Fantasy - releasing in 2016
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue - releasing in 2016
  • SaGa Scarlet Grace - releasing in 2016
  • Kingdom Hearts III

Business Division 4

• Updates for games like Record Keeper.
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy - arcade version releasing next month in Japan
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy - PS4 version expected in 2017

Business Division 5

• Wrapping up FFXI right now
  • Final Fantasy Grandmasters updates & international version
  • Final Fantasy XI Mobile - coming in 2016
  • Final Fantasy XIV 4.0 - expected in 2017

Business Division 6

• Continued updates for titles like Dragon Quest of the Stars
  • Dragon Quest Builders - releasing in 2016
  • Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 - expected in 2016
  • Dragon Quest Heroes II - releasing in 2016
  • Dragon Quest: Monster Battle Scanner - releasing in 2016
  • Nier New Project
  • Dragon Quest XI - scheduled for 2016

Business Division 7

• School of Ragnarok - continued updates
  • Lord of Vermilion Arena - in beta
  • Figure Heads - in beta
  • Star Ocean 2 - PS4 & PS Vita port - later this month in Japan
  • Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness - releasing in 2016

Business Division 8

• Game updates
  • Alice Order - expected before year's over

Business Division 9

• Continued game updates & international versions
  • Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius - in beta

Business Division 10

• Final Fantasy Adventure - 3D remake - releasing in coming months

Business Divisions 11 & 12 are web browser-focused

Koozek

Right, I forgot about Nojima being the actual scenario writer. Still, I'm not too confident in Nojima's work after all the crap he's written over the years, from FFX-2 to KH2 to Advent Children to Crisis Core to this...
xoGV64H.gif

And the current FFXV's scenario writer, Itamuro written the scenario for Dissidia 012. It's like a pick your poison shit. SE is running out of good writers.
I really, really wish they'd make a FFX-3 based on the FFX-2.5 novel. It's hilariously silly.

Btw, the Wikia has a pretty good summary and translations now:
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_X-2.5_~Eien_no_Daishō~

Before, we only had this blog post as a source.

Really wonder what they have Toriyama doing. But considering we have never found out what Ito is doing, we probably won't know what he is doing either. If Ito was sent to clean the toilets, maybe Toriyama got the gutter.

injurai

Banned
That's the new IP Tabata has already alluded to as his next main project btw

So I'm guessing it won't get the FF branding?
I look forward to it, Square needs some fresh IPs.

Ok, this is really cool. Not sure if I'll play it due to battery drain, but it looks like a neat idea.

Seems they don't know if it will be f2p or subscriber based, but I'm not paying for a mobile mmo. Hoping its f2p so I can fool around on it from time to time.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Pretty harsh apology 'reward' the way I see it; i.e. "Now you can go stand DIRECTLY in front of the firing squad by making a remake of many people's favorite, 'untouchable' game!"

I'm very excited about VII-RE, but I have no doubt it's going to be eviscerated by vocal 'passionate' fans on the internet. Don't make any significant changes? "Why bother?!?" You're fucked. Make significant changes? "How dare they change _____!!!!!" You're fucked. Shit... it already started with the PSX gameplay (?) reveal last year and the immediate "Sky is falling!" sentiment once the whole multiple-parts conversation came into play.

I'm rooting for Nomura/Kitase big time, but this project- reimagining many people's 'Gold Standard'- is about as big as it gets. In all honesty it would probably be less stressful creating something totally new (like XVI or XVII). Less baggage. :p

I said from the announcement trailer thread that my main hope for FF7R is that Nomura, Nojima and co sit in a white room as they develop the game lol.

No outside opinions from crying fanboys about anything. Just make the game as they want to make it.

If it sucks like the star wars prequels then it sucks, if it doesn't that's a good thing. I want a new kind of FF7, not the same game according to people's nostalgia that each individual person can't even agree on.

To be fair, i really enjoyed Crsis core and Advent Children narrative. And while he was the scenario writer on a few stinkers, i also think that its balanced by other game's he's written that people generally regard as having good stories too. So hit or miss

Koozek

I said from the announcement trailer thread that my main hope for FF7R is that Nomura, Nojima and co sit in a white room as they develop the game lol.

No outside opinions from crying fanboys about anything. Just make the game as they want to make it.

If it sucks like th star wars prequels then it sucks, if it doesn't that's a good thing. I want a new kind of FF7, not the same game according to people's nostalgia that each individual person can't even agree on.

Nomura seems pretty confident in his vision of reimagining it for a modern generation and he's not too worried about the nostalgia of die-hard fans, which I think is a fantastic mentality. All three of them played pivotal roles in the original, they will know what's good and not. Let's trust them.

Ran rp

I want to play FF7 but I kinda want FF7R to be my first experience. Hopefully the first episode releases within a year or two.

JunkoEve

I would like to straight up clarify a few things to those of you bashing Nomura for not being able to deliver FFvXIII because he was incompetent.
The truth is, no, he is not incompetent. He’s one of the most capable game developer/director in Japan aside Kojima. Japanese are not very creative enough to think outside of the box, I’ll give you that. But Nomura actually had the lore of Eos/crystal/versus concepts completed by early 2008 and he has been working on the plot points since 2002/2003. He even carries around with him a small book where he writes all his ideas in (these infos were from a personal source of mine, take it with a grain of salt if you want). I’m not sure if these were actually scripts but they are more like ‘story treatments that were ready to be transcripted into a screenplay in film making’. By then, he also had an idea on how the gameplay would look like (i.e KH style with character switching), the only problem was, he didn’t have a team to complete the rest. The Fabula Nova Crystallis borrowed elements derived from Nomura’s lore, because the other writers couldn’t come up with better concepts?.

So, no, Stella was not the character that were only concepts. She already had a story to begin with, a complete one in fact but it was never fully realized into a game. Because of the changing direction of SE management (they changed the President), a lot of things from the original concept of FFvXIII had to change; some of the reasons were (not a complete list);

1) Wider/more global target market: Things like worshipping reapers/yakuza family /dark mythos had to be cut out to make the game more acceptable. It wouldn’t pass China or Australia’s requisites for example. This global release was also the reason why FFXV gets a very slow/delayed release. Had they released for Japan only first, we’ll probably be getting it 6 months earlier. Apparently, localization for other countries and their ridiculous legal issues are hampering speedy progress. You can’t expect the world to work like Japan (his description). Same reason why they can’t make more of the UCE. He (my source) originally predicted that the game will only be ready for 2017, but Tabata was being too ambitious and gave that 2016 release date.

2) Luminous engine: The engine could not handle the game’s design. It was too complicated? (I’m not sure myself, because I didn’t understand what he meant about game and engine)

3) Development time cut short: I don’t understand the whole reason behind this, but apparently, they want the game cut short for financial reasons. The original concept was to have 3 games a least from FFvXIII but it was taking too long and costs too much, so they want to compress it by just one and save money.

So to those who bashed Nomura, I didn’t think it was fair. He didn’t ‘get off easy’ on this by handing the reigns for Tabata to complete. I feel Nomura’s pain more than any stress Tabata had to endure. Imagine having something you’ve been working on for 10 years taken away from you….. Plus, Nomura has stated that Noctis was his ‘new boy’. Now, he only has Sora……

TheTux

I would like to straight up clarify a few things to those of you bashing Nomura for not being able to deliver FFvXIII because he was incompetent.
The truth is, no, he is not incompetent. He’s one of the most capable game developer/director in Japan aside Kojima. Japanese are not very creative enough to think outside of the box, I’ll give you that. But Nomura actually had the lore of Eos/crystal/versus concepts completed by early 2008 and he has been working on the plot points since 2002/2003. He even carries around with him a small book where he writes all his ideas in (these infos were from a personal source of mine, take it with a grain of salt if you want).

G9Bc1F9.gif

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

They've been hiring for something non-14 for a while now.

The truth is, no, he is not incompetent. He’s one of the most capable game developer/director in Japan aside Kojima. Japanese are not very creative enough to think outside of the box, I’ll give you that.

Stopped reading there

I see a lot of veiled racism towards Japan in a lot of JP games thread. Especially when it comes to writing/anime. It's as if some people don't realise anime/video games isn't all that is produced in Japan. There are so many other forms of media/art/careers yet a whole country can be painted as something because of a few videogame duds!

jimmypython

Nomura seems pretty confident in his vision of reimagining it for a modern generation and he's not too worried about the nostalgia of die-hard fans, which I think is a fantastic mentality. All three of them played pivotal roles in the original, they will know what's good and not. Let's trust them.

the gameplay trailer really gave me the Versus vibe :)

Final Fantasy Versus VII.

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE |OT| FINAL FANTASY Versus VII
FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE |OT| The (real) Versus Epic

Slater

Banned
They've been hiring for something non-14 for a while now.

Good, when it comes to story I trust Yoshi P more then anybody else at Square these days. Heavensward is the best story the company has put out this decade.

Hell in terms of characters alone Alphinaud and Estinien run laps around the entire 13 cast

Ducktail

Everything we sort of knew about Versus XIII

- Main character: Noctis Lucis Caelum (Still in XV)
- Main female character: Stella Nox Fleuret (Sort of not in XV, sort of)
- 3 party members that were best friends with the main (Still in XV)
- King Regis (Still in XV, but now he doesn't wear a suit and has a derpy face)
- Game starts in Insomnia with a full blown invasion. Similar to the opening of FFVII. (Not in XV, but this was reworked into Kingsglaive)
- A fantasy based on Reality (Still in XV)
- Noctis's royal family was based off the Yakuza (not in XV)
- Insomnia worship death (not in XV)
- A Venice style city (Still in XV)
- Niflhiem are the main baddies (Still in XV)
- KH combat (not in XV, but still not turn based)
- Controllable party members (not In XV)
- Noctis can see someone's death or their soul expire or some shit like that (Still in XV)
- Noctis eyes turn red (Still in XV)
- Noctis and crew wearing Roen clothing (Still in XV)
- Engine blade (Still in XV)
- Warping (Still in XV)
- Dark tone (Not in XV as far as we know)
- Road trip theme (Still in XV)
- Awesome trailers (Not in XV)

Very informative, thanks.

Koozek

The truth is, no, he is not incompetent. He’s one of the most capable game developer/director in Japan aside Kojima. Japanese are not very creative enough to think outside of the box, I’ll give you that. But Nomura actually had the lore of Eos/crystal/versus concepts completed by early 2008 and he has been working on the plot points since 2002/2003. He even carries around with him a small book where he writes all his ideas in (these infos were from a personal source of mine, take it with a grain of salt if you want). I’m not sure if these were actually scripts but they are more like ‘story treatments that were ready to be transcripted into a screenplay in film making’. By then, he also had an idea on how the gameplay would look like (i.e KH style with character switching), the only problem was, he didn’t have a team to complete the rest. The Fabula Nova Crystallis borrowed elements derived from Nomura’s lore, because the other writers couldn’t come up with better concepts?.

So, no, Stella was not the character that were only concepts. She already had a story to begin with, a complete one in fact but it was never fully realized into a game. Because of the changing direction of SE management (they changed the President), a lot of things from the original concept of FFvXIII had to change; some of the reasons were (not a complete list);

1) Wider/more global target market: Things like worshipping reapers/yakuza family /dark mythos had to be cut out to make the game more acceptable. It wouldn’t pass China or Australia’s requisites for example. This global release was also the reason why FFXV gets a very slow/delayed release. Had they released for Japan only first, we’ll probably be getting it 6 months earlier. Apparently, localization for other countries and their ridiculous legal issues are hampering speedy progress. You can’t expect the world to work like Japan (his description). Same reason why they can’t make more of the UCE. He (my source) originally predicted that the game will only be ready for 2017, but Tabata was being too ambitious and gave that 2016 release date.

2) Luminous engine: The engine could not handle the game’s design. It was too complicated? (I’m not sure myself, because I didn’t understand what he meant about game and engine)

3) Development time cut short: I don’t understand the whole reason behind this, but apparently, they want the game cut short for financial reasons. The original concept was to have 3 games a least from FFvXIII but it was taking too long and costs too much, so they want to compress it by just one and save money.

So to those who bashed Nomura, I didn’t think it was fair. He didn’t ‘get off easy’ on this by handing the reigns for Tabata to complete. I feel Nomura’s pain more than any stress Tabata had to endure. Imagine having something you’ve been working on for 10 years taken away from you….. Plus, Nomura has stated that Noctis was his ‘new boy’. Now, he only has Sora……

eq0nbEl.png

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tabata sounds salty regarding Versus, I wonder why
Imagine the government knocks on your door and says "here, this is your kid now" and if you refuse you have to leave the country. Nevermind that you never got to make your own baby and you really wanted to, but now your left with some other guys kid. Now replace government with Square Enix, country with company and kid with mainline Final Fantasy. Then you've got people telling you how the kid was raised, the ideas that were instilled in them. Well THEY DON'T KNOW SHIT, YOU DON'T TELL ME HOW TO RAISE MY KID.

Bladenic

Really wonder what they have Toriyama doing. But considering we have never found out what Ito is doing, we probably won't know what he is doing either. If Ito was sent to clean the toilets, maybe Toriyama got the gutter.

Hopefully relegated to basement work.

Top Bottom