• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halloween Overwatch Event Officially Announced / Trailer / Available Now

I can't believe I've opened 37 loot boxes since the event began just by leveling up. Say what you will about these limited random drops but at least I'm playing the game more.

I got Dr Junkenstein and Junkenstein's Monster skins so I'm satisfied since those are the two heros I commonly play out of the four. Even though I still wanted sexy witch Mercy. If I don't miraculously get the 500 more coins I need to get it tomorrow I'll probably just blow them on Ana's skin, Reinhardt's emote and a few sprays.

Westlo

Had like no time to play this at all (thanks to Legion) and was like shit this is ending soon, gotta buy some boxes and hope the rng gods deliver.

Bought 11 boxes and only got one halloween skin, mercy ftw, the rng gods smiled on me.

rejoice.png

rackham

Banned
So far I've managed to loot

3 Dr. Junkenstein
2 Junkeinstein's Monster
1 Witch
1 Ghoul
1 Possessed Pharah
1 Pumpkin Smash emote
a lot of R.I.P. poses, sprays and voice lines

With coins I bought, Ana's emote and am going to buy Skullyata next. I'd like the Coldhart and Demon skin as well but no big deal if I don't get them.

I got 1-2 loot boxes a day since the event started. I think I only missed one weekend when I was visiting my parents. I also bought 11 lootboxes at some point with $10 credit I got from Sony Rewards.

I've gotten the Roadhog skin twice and the Junkrat skin three times, but no Mercy which was the one I wanted. I have the credits to buy it though, so I'll probably have to do that tonight.

Rocketz

Only skin I got twice was soldier but I had to buy Reaper and Ana.

Still missing Hanzo, Symmetra, Reinhardt, and Zenyatta. Only one I'm kinda sad I'm not going to get is Zen.

Ended up with Mei's and Reapers highlight intros as well.

Bring on the Christmas items.

StayDead

I need to go home and buy some boxes tonight to see if I can get reaper skin. Then I'll use my 4000 coins to get the rest of the adorable trick or treat sprays!

Welp, spent 60 on loot boxes and I even though I'm pretty upset at myself and the small amount of time I had during the weeks to get these, I was able to get all the costumes, some voice lines, and some sprays.

At least Genji and Mercy got their Halloween stuff but it was to get some for others too.

Aw man. I bought 11 boxes last night and got all greys and blues outside of a single purple duplicate. Pushed me to have enough coins to buy Reaper though.

Only skins I don't have now though are Soldier (meh) and Roadhog (I want it!). Hopefully I can get a level up or two tonight and get it.

D7n

Somehow got Pumpkinhead Reaper for my initial free one (I guess I should try to use him more now :/) -- got maybe 6 or 7 from leveling and only got the Ana (who I've never used). Oh well, I should be happy with Reaper! Wanted Mercy but probably don't have another level up in my tonight...I thought about dropping a fiver for some boxes, but don't want to go down that rabbit hole. Tell me not to do it Gaf!

Roubjon

I finally reached level 200 yesterday, so now I can get some last minute boxes real quickly. The only skin I've gotten so far is Hanzo's, which I'm happy about, but I really want a bunch of them. Worst case scenario I guess I'll use my Coins.

B_Bech

Had no time to level during October during the event due to work. Someone talk me into/ out of buying these Halloween Loot Boxes. The Mercy, Reaper and Ana skins look pretty awesome.

I gained over 40 levels since the event started and purchased everything I didn't have with coin yesterday. I have every single skin, emote, highlight intro, and voice line. I'm only missing a couple of sprays and player icons. A little said that I didn't get the vampire pachimari icon. :(

hydruxo

I got Junkenstein and Pumpkin Reaper the first day and those are my most played characters so I didn't really play much during this event I did during the Summer Games. Would be nice to get the Roadhog & Mercy skins before it ends though even though I rarely play them.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Anything cool for my girl Tracer? May drop $10 tonight on boxes.

KRaZyAmmo

opened my 25 lootboxes (bought a $5 one)

Got Pumpkin Reaper, Skullyatta, and Roadhog. I ended up buying Ana's. Wanted Junkrat but didn't have enough gold. so pretty decent loot considering I haven't been playing it enough lately.

Permanently A

Hmm. Only got pumpkin Reaper. Debating picking up Witch Mercy but I think I'll save my 3000 for Xmas. Since I got the Swiss Olympic skin which is probably rarer.

Chylo

Neo Member
Finally got Witch Mercy last night. Saved me from buying it for 3000.

I've opened Mercy, Roadhog, and Zenyatta so far. Pretty happy with that haul. I'll buy Coldhardt tonight.

GeeTeeCee

I got Soldier 76's Immortal costume out of my free box. Now I expect any other box I unlock before the end will be a total disappointment by comparison.

Even after levelling up and unlocking a loot box daily, it turns out I was quite correct... feeling pretty good about my ongoing refusal to buy loot boxes.

sappyday

I dropped $5 yesterday and didn't get squat. But then I got a regular one and I got the Halloween Roadhog skin. So I've gotten every skin except for Reaper, Mercy, Reinhardt, and Soldier.

Only good thing I got was the Ana skin, I'm not massively into it but at least I play her. Bought the Mei highlight intro for 750. The way they are structuring these events is making me want to play less and less. For the winter holiday event I doubt I will even bother leveling to 100 to get the extra crates.

oti

Banned
Played pretty much every day and got one box per day. Got Reaper's Halloween skin and Junkenstein I believe. That's alright.

I'm hoping for a really cool Christmas evrnt though.

LAM09

Got Bastion's skin in my second box and thought I might get lucky with this event. Only gotten Symmetra in my last 15 boxes.

Will try to level up a bit more in the hope I'll get Junkenstein.

Owzers

Only good thing I got was the Ana skin, I'm not massively into it but at least I play her. Bought the Mei highlight intro for 750. The way they are structuring these events is making me want to play less and less. For the winter holiday event I doubt I will even bother leveling to 100 to get the extra crates.
They might be lowering exp to 20k instead of 22k for later levels but getting rid of prestiging.

Maximo

Got everything I wanted out of this event haven't got Junkenstein and Reaper Skin but think im fine with that, blizzard decided to give me 4 Junkensteins Monster skins so fuck them for that

Yeezus

Dropped 3k of in-game for Mercy at the end of the event only to roll her in my very next box.

Thanks blizz, not.

Wanderer5

Think I just go spend a bit of credit on that awesome Ana giving out candy emote before this ends, and save the rest of the credits for something at Christmas event or such.

I managed to get all but 3 of the skins by playing (and bought 5 boxes), and ended up spending the coins for the 3 I couldn't get, thankfully none were legendaries. I'm really glad they did this, the loot system in the Summer Event was such a turn off.

Malice215

I wish I had more time to play, but didn't mind dropping $20 to get the Mercy skin just so that I didn't have to worry about not getting it.

I hope Christmas doesn't kill my wallet.

jediyoshi

3300 coins left, only legendary I'm missing is Reaper's. Gonna have to miss out on Rein's skin unless I get lucky grinding it out today

Mr. Robot

Got Mercy and Hog skins earlier in the event, was going to be away for the weekend so i bought the repaer skin with points, and got junkenstein last night when i got home on my last attempt to get him, so far so good, since i also got, pharahs and hanzo skins, wish i had the points for ana and zenyatta, gonna play a lot tonight after i get home to try to get them... im not paying for them, and kudos to blizzard for making them attainable.

Top Bottom