• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halloween Overwatch Event Officially Announced / Trailer / Available Now

Ploid 3.0

Wait after level 200 u get boxes fsster?

After each level 100 you reset to a new prestige sort of. So when you're at 100, 200, etc. you start to gain levels faster because 1-23 it takes less than 22000 to get a new level. I think it's 1-23.

Anyway, finally this is over soon. white white blue white indeed.

Bought 24 boxes. All the golds I got were dupes, which gave less money than a purple coin drop. The one gold duplicate I didn't get was Shark Roadhog, which is ironic because the only Halloween gold skin I need is his Junkenstein's monster one. Basically everything I got was a dupe, but I'm only at 2K coins. I am sad :(

Bought 24 boxes. All the golds I got were dupes, which gave less money than a purple coin drop. The one gold duplicate I didn't get was Shark Roadhog, which is ironic because the only Halloween gold skin I need is his Junkenstein's monster one. Basically everything I got was a dupe, but I'm only at 2K coins. I am sad :(

This is kind of me right now. Earned what will likely be my last box of the event: all dupes. At least I got a legendary skin this time, last time I got bupkis except for the Torbjorn skin. TORBJORN. The worst character and the ugliest skin.

Luigi87

Got every Halloween skin but Mercy and Ana's. AKA the two I wanted most, especially Mercy's.
Said screw it, bought 5 more boxes, finally got Mercy's. So I'm happy, lol

Maximo

Its extremely fucking dumb that the Halloween duplicate's give you roughlythree times LESS Currency.

Dartastic

I bought two boxes last night. I got two legendaries in one box.

...they're standard legendaries that have nothing to do with the halloween bonuses. ;-;

KHlover

Banned
I thought the event would end at roughly the same time today it started last month, so I bought the Reinhart Halloween emote this afternoon. Got it dropped about an hour ago, so I kinda lost 700 coins on that ;-;

Roubjon

I caved and bought 11...

And I fucking finally got skins. It's like the Overgods were watching over me and said with these 11 boxes you shall get good shit.

And then as soon as they ended I got garbage again. I'm still gonna grind for more until I'm at least level 220. Hopefully I can get Mercy and Pharah. I'll probably spend half of the 5500 coins I have on some other stuff by tomorrow. Gotta save for that Holiday event.

KaoteK

Not a bad haul, I got the Bastion skin, Pharrah's one and Roadhog's twice, so I bought Zenyatta's which is my favourite of the Halloween skins anyway.

It's a real shame you can't trade dupes, I'd have happily done that for Roadhog's.

I caught myself hovering over the "buy" button last night, but sense prevailed. Nice try Blizzard you devious fucks, I swore I wouldn't pay for that shit, and didn't.

HoodWinked

i got junkenstein off my very first box then didn't get anything noteworthy for couple weeks. then played one of the worst quick matches where i was salty as hell afterwards and was about to ragequit the game but earned just enough xp for a chest and got the mercy skin.

DarkKyo

When is the technical last day? As in, what time is the event officially over? Does anybody know?

My guess is tomorrow around noon. Could be after midnight tonight though. In other words get everything you need to get done(buying skins, etc) tonight!

Shinigami

i got junkenstein off my very first box then didn't get anything noteworthy for couple weeks. then played one of the worst quick matches where i was salty as hell afterwards and was about to ragequit the game but earned just enough xp for a chest and got the mercy skin.
This game makes me rage with all the salt while playing Quick play Matches. Yet I come back for more... Sigh.

Yukinari

I feel like an absolute madman for getting every event item from the summer games and halloween. At least it was easier this time cause i was able to buy with credits instead of constantly grinding or paying money.

Still i dont think many people buy 40 boxes and then level 40-50 times. Thats a lot of time and money spent.

Spent just $10 on 11 loot box bundle, got Mercy witch outfit from my 5th one. Spent some game money from dupes on Possessed Pharrah skin and a couple of trick-or-treat sprays (D.Va one is cute).

egruntz

shelaughz
I got literally everything from the event that I possibly can, I think.

• All the voice lines
  • All the RIP victory poses
  • All the skins (epics and legendaries)
  • Genji's, Mei's, and Reaper's highlight intros
  • Reinheart's pumpkin smash emote, Ana's candy emote, and Winston's shadow puppet emote
  • 4 sprays from the achievements (The Reapening took FOREVER)
  • Rest of sprays through coin purchase

Am I missing anything?

OH CRAP JUST REALIZED AS I'M WRITING THIS.
The social icons! QUICK DOES ANYONE HAVE THE LIST OF OFFICIAL EVENT ICONS? IF I'M MISSING A TON I'LL BUY 100 BOXES.

squall23

• All the voice lines
  • Reinheart's pumpkin smash emote and Winston's shadow puppet emote

Am I missing anything?

The social icons! QUICK DOES ANYONE HAVE THE LIST OF OFFICIAL EVENT ICONS? IF I'M MISSING A TON I'LL BUY 100 BOXES.
Ana's candy emote?

Yukinari

• All the voice lines
  • Reinheart's pumpkin smash emote and Winston's shadow puppet emote

Am I missing anything?

Its kinda shitty that you still cant buy icons with credits. Im not too concerned over those since i got all the other items.

Zekes!

I got all the Halloween skins. I only got a few from actual loot boxes I earned over the last couple weeks so I spent $30 today and end up getting all the Legendaries so I used my gold to buy all the epics I didn't have

xealo

Got the junkenstein skin, so pretty pleased with how this event turned out. Wanted mercy one too, but had crappy rng after that.

Dmax3901

Spent $15 AUD on loot boxes all up, got everything I want EXCEPT the Witch Mercy skin and I'm trying not to let it drive me mad.

Beartruck

Probably earned 7-8 boxes and bought 9. Ended up with Witch Mercy, Pumpkin reaper, Ghost Reinhart, Ana's candy emote, and I had enough currency to buy Ana's skin and Skullyatta. Good haul overall.

exfatal

bought 11 loot boxes only noteworthy stuff was reaper highligh, genji highlight, sym skin, junkrat skin. i wanted mercy or ana :( got alot of dups
Never again!

KHlover

Banned
I got

3x Witch Mercy
3x Pumpkin Reaper
1x Junkenstein
1x Zombie Soldier
1x Zombie Pharah
1x Zombie Zenyatta
1x Coldhart
2x Reinhart Halloween Emote
1x Ana Halloween Emote
1x Reaper Highlight Intro
1x Mei Highlight Intro

Might have forgotten some stuff and obv I didn't count the regular epic and legendary items I got dropped. I'm a lucky guy when it comes to Overwatch, I have like double the amount of Legendaries than my friend who played the game way longer than me.

I got that ugly ass Roadhog Frankenstein skin today, but no sign of Mercy's witch outfit. Been levelling up like crazy and crossing my fingers with every loot box the past week or so, but it's just not happening. Man... why did it have to cost 3000 coins! I've only got 1100 saved up.

:(

Fuck paying actual money for it. I won't resort to that.

So apparently you can still buy the Halloween loot boxes from the Battle Net shop website at the moment and they show up in game... like I've just done.

Grisby

Got most of what I wanted but I had to buy a few boxes. Spent the 3k to get Merc. I love big floppy witch hats.

It is my kryptonite.

I imagine Mei will probably get some type of Christmas outfit. Wonder who else will be up on the docket?

Bought 50 boxes. No Junkenstein. Went back to buy more. Taken down from the store.

T_T Should have bought him with my coins when I had the chance.

Got most of what I wanted but I had to buy a few boxes. Spent the 3k to get Merc. I love big floppy witch hats.

It is my kryptonite.

I imagine Mei will probably get some type of Christmas outfit. Wonder who else will be up on the docket?

I think Winston is the only other original character who hasn't gotten some sort of new skin.

Top Bottom