• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halloween Overwatch Event Officially Announced / Trailer / Available Now

I really wanted the Roadhog skin but no dice

I got Mercy and Junkrat's legendaries though

Can't say I was losing much sleep over it (only played occasionally some nights) but I definitely preferred the Frankenstein skin to the default

Im a moron. I spent $22 on 24 loot crates and leveled up close to 15 levels and never got the Mercy skin. I was also 1,500 coins short of 3,000 and by last night i was like 200 short but i refused to spend more money on this crap. Ugh.

The amount of coins you get for duplicates is an insult for someone who spent actual money for virtual shit. It pissed me off to open a paid box that gave me two voice audio duplicates that give 5 coins each.

Utter disgrace.

2 epic piles of gold, 1 legendary pile of gold. Still not enough credits to buy even one skin.
Got zen/hanzo skins, don't play hanzo ever.

The touches they added to certain levels were nice. The horde mode brawl was fun for the 3 times I ran it. They should put it into the weekly rotation as every other brawl is pure trash.

Meh event. They should have released Sombra as a nice surprise but now everyone knows it's a Blizzcon 'reveal.'

sikkinixx

Got one skin on my last (of 15) loot box: Reaper, a character I never play.

I get we'll get free characters (eventually) and more maps (eventually) and maybe *gasp* even a new permanent game mode aside from the "LOL ALL POWERS ALL THE TIME!" distractions they chuck it (and why don't those rotate more?) but man... their micro-transactions feel awful.

Zomba13

Im a moron. I spent $22 on 24 loot crates and leveled up close to 15 levels and never got the Mercy skin. I was also 1,500 coins short of 3,000 and by last night i was like 200 short but i refused to spend more money on this crap. Ugh.

The amount of coins you get for duplicates is an insult for someone who spent actual money for virtual shit. It pissed me off to open a paid box that gave me two voice audio duplicates that give 5 coins each.

Utter disgrace.

I got the Mercy skin FOUR times. :(

Elixist

I really wanted the Roadhog skin but no dice

I got Mercy and Junkrat's legendaries though

Can't say I was losing much sleep over it (only played occasionally some nights) but I definitely preferred the Frankenstein skin to the default

wish i could've traded ya for mercy, i got that skin 3 times lul and i think its ugly as shit. (kinda the point, but i dont care for it)

PMS341

A buddy bought me the game for my birthday, just in time to play some games before the end of the Halloween event. Got Witch Mercy from my second Lootbox, and the rest were mostly icons/voice lines. Still! Such a cool game, and I'm interested in the inevitable Christmas event!

n0razi

Utter disgrace.

Run, they got their hooks deep in you pal

Elixist

torbjorn is gonna be santa? in.gif ^^^^same i wanted that the mei highlight, but i dont play her that much and i only had 800 left after getting wat i really wanted.

stupei

I hit 100 during the event, so I had a lot of boxes and ended up getting all the major special items except for the Reinhardt emote.

Had to buy the Reaper skin. I don't play him much, but I thought it might give me the motivation to learn to play him.

KillGore

torbjorn is gonna be santa? in.gif ^^^^same i wanted that the mei highlight, but i dont play her that much and i only had 800 left after getting wat i really wanted.

That or an elf? Roadhog could be Santa too lol

Mei better get an amazing skin for christmas. It's already been two major events and no skin for her.

Also, are they ever going to introduce different weapons? I mean, the option is there, so I'm assuming they have plans to expand on that

Didn't get what I wanted, selling the game, will not play this looking at others players using shit I can never get.

Awful system making drops timed and RNG.

Kicko

That or an elf? Roadhog could be Santa too lol

Mei better get an amazing skin for christmas. It's already been two major events and no skin for her.

Also, are they ever going to introduce different weapons? I mean, the option is there, so I'm assuming they have plans to expand on that

She'll easily be Mrs. Claus.

It's still kind of ugly that you can get dupes of very rare items, and you can't do anything with them. Just 50 coins to add to the tiny pile, when they cost 3000 each.

Winston better get some kind of Christmas skin, he's been snubbed for far too long.

Hey, he got a... vague creepy, unvoiced emote...

(That breathing)

xealo

If they make a torbjörn santa skin, I hope they do it in the vein of a Scandinavian folklore one rather than coca cola red robe one.

It took almost 40 loot boxes to technically get that Mercy witch skin. And it didn't even happen until a legendary duplicate finally gave me enough coins to just buy the damned thing.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
It's still kind of ugly that you can get dupes of very rare items, and you can't do anything with them. Just 50 coins to add to the tiny pile, when they cost 3000 each.

(That breathing)

Pretty sure the legendary skins were worth 200 coin in dupe.

Bummed I didn't get the reaper skin. That was my favorite for sure, with junkrat and mercy following that

Got roadhogs monster skin and soldiers undead skin which were cool and some Halloween sprays

Roboculus

Got both Mercy and Roadhog from just leveling up so I'm pretty happy. I think I"ll just hold on to my coins for now and see what the next batch of skins are like.

I got Roadhogenstein, a bunch of victory poses, Skeleton Zenyata, the costume sprays for both my mains, and used my coins for Jackolantern Ana. No Mercy. No Mercy...

I can live with it, I got better pulls than Summer Games. Hopefully Mercy will be back next year (or maybe get a Valentine's Witch recolour?).

Maximo

(That breathing)

Yeah Legendary dupes are worth only 200 currency...And I got Junkensteins Monster 4 times!

I'm salty for missing the Swiss Mercy skin, so I had to have the Witch one. Ended up getting some really uncharacteristic luck on my boxes Got two Junkenstein, two Monsters, and a Pumpkinhead Reaper out of like ten boxes. No Mercy in sight, though. Had to grind out like another five to make the last 100 points I needed to buy her.

I know I'm gonna regret it when there's a sweet Winston skin for winter that I can't afford.

Grisby

I think Winston is the only other original character who hasn't gotten some sort of new skin.
For annual legendaries so far we've had

Lucio, Tracer, Zarya
Junkrat, Mercy, Reaper, Roadhog

I can see an elf Torb.
Yeah, elf torb with Christmas tree turret. Or Santa Winston with bag.
Got everything I wanted except the Mei PotG thing.
I got it! I'll never get to see it in practice though since I never get POTG with her unless its a special arcade thing.
Legit got the Mercy skin 9 times.
So thirsty.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
So thirsty.

i mean it is the best skin

6Bn0JMi.jpg

Celegus

i mean it is the best skin

Wow. Yes. That.

Bummer I didn't get Mercy, only ended up with Junkrat's (don't play him), Reaper's and Zenyatta's. I did Junker D.Va in my boxes too which is awesome. Didn't spend any credits because my mains are Mei and Winston and CHRISTMAS PLZ.

1upsuper

I wasn't able to play much during the event so my only loot of note was Thriller 76 and I plunked down the 3000G for the Mercy witch skin. She's my main, so I had to have it. I sincerely wish that dupes were either impossible or provided half their value in gold. If there isn't going to be trading, these are definitely necessary changes, IMO.

At any rate, looking forward to some Christmas/winter holiday costumes!

Top Bottom