• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach

I watched the beginning portions of ODST's campaign up until the beginning of the first flashback.

Pre-ordered. Game is going to be awesome. I can feel it.

For those who weren't there, we had a HaloGAF battle royale in the queue for Borderlands on Saturday. It was like this forum, but live and in your face.

BR won. Sorry, Dax.

Flipyap

U K Narayan said:
I watched the beginning portions of ODST's campaign up until the beginning of the first flashback.
I watched a bit more than that, had to force myself to stop.
The dude playing is amazing, the way he plays is really innovative. Using Spartan Laser on Grunts right in front of him, sniping faraway vehicles with the SMG. He's a visionary.

Flipyap said:
I watched a bit more than that, had to force myself to stop.
The dude playing is amazing, the way he plays is really innovative. Using Spartan Laser on Grunts right in front of him, sniping faraway vehicles with the SMG. He's a visionary.
Which feed were you watching? I was watching some French version gameplay on Youtube. The guy sucked ass.

This game seems to be everything I've really wanted in a Halo game. At least in regard to cutscenes, first-person view animation, and HUD functionality. I hope Reach is a more technical(?) game like ODST. I really want to see the SPARTAN-IIs function as they did in the books.

neoism

Ghaleon would you include the GAF FireFight tag in the OP?
Also I finally got the Killtacular Achievement :lol of course in Grifball. It was a pretty good game, 46Ks 9Ds, I usually do terrible because my connection sucks for Hammers. I'm goina do a 4 player Co-op run of single-player today, too, should be fun, haven't played it in like a year or so!

I'm really starting to get pretty hyped for ODST. I've done my best to remain as in the dark as possible but I always see myself hitting up bungie.net for the update every Saturday morning. Old habits die hard.

GhaleonEB said:
Well. Glad I missed whatever the heck that was.
Same here. Being on the east coast really comes in handy sometimes.:lol

Mr Vociferous said:
For those who weren't there, we had a HaloGAF battle royale in the queue for Borderlands on Saturday. It was like this forum, but live and in your face.

BR won. Sorry, Dax.
The closer ODST release date, the closer I get to using the M6C.

snoopeasystreet said:
I'm really starting to get pretty hyped for ODST. I've done my best to remain as in the dark as possible but I always see myself hitting up bungie.net for the update every Saturday morning. Old habits die hard.
Other than the handful of trailers, and around 24 minutes of the introductory campaign, I know nothing about this game.

I haven't visited Bungie.net in a year or two.

I guess I'm good to go.

I know I keep saying last question, but I really can't help it.

Are you stats and stuff saved over on the Halo 3 multiplayer disc that comes with ODST? Or do you have to start over?

Also, if your stuff does transfer over what if you picked Elite instead of Spartan?

Sorry once again!

rSpooky

So , I have not been following ODST much other then since it was announced, but at the time they said they wanted to be a smaller game for about 40$. Now the price is $60, does this mean the game became bigger then intended or is it MS just charging a premium for the game?

Does anyone know? I will end up with two copies of this game if I get it so I can play with my son, but if it is 40$ worth of content at a 60$ price I will wait a while before getting it.

mario ate my burger said:

Are you stats and stuff saved over on the Halo 3 multiplayer disc that comes with ODST? Or do you have to start over?

Also, if your stuff does transfer over what if you picked Elite instead of Spartan?

Sorry once again!

I think all that is tied to your XBL account so yeah it will transfer.

feel

Sorry once again!
The Halo 3 multiplayer disc that comes with ODST, works exactly as if you put a regular Halo 3 disc on the console but head straight into the multiplayer section. Every stat carries over.

rSpooky said:
So , I have not been following ODST much other then since it was announced, but at the time they said they wanted to be a smaller game for about 40$. Now the price is $60, does this mean the game became bigger then intended or is it MS just charging a premium for the game?

When they initially announced ODST, Bungie said the campaign was going to be 3-5 hours long. According to reports, it ended up being about 8-10 which is substantially longer. So for $60, you're getting the new ODST campaign, Firefight, all four Halo 3 map packs, and eventual access to the Halo: Reach beta.

Mr Vociferous said:

BR won. Sorry, Dax.
There was so much passion.

Gui_PT said:
My ODST avatar turned out crappy =(

Had to rush this since I'm about to go out. Not exactly the same as yours.

rh281z.gif

If you like it use it. If you don't no problem :)

WJD

Hmm, I'm oddly hyped for this. I didn't think I would be when it was first announced, but now I can't wait.

I'm also hoping we may get some Reach info around October time - which seems fairly logical.

Gui_PT

Had to rush this since I'm about to go out. Not exactly the same as yours.

rh281z.gif

If you like it use it. If you don't no problem :)

Awesome! Thank you :D
How'd you get it to have that quality?

I'm not going to ODST'ify my avatar I don't think but I am rocking an ODST wallpaper on my laptop now. Game can't come soon enough. I just can't wait to get that Silenced Pistol in my hands.

No idea :lol

Another avatar here if anyone wants it.

33uen2o.gif

I'm still a noob at gif making so this is good practice :D

That image is not wide enough to be an avatar. It's only 81px, it will stretch to 90px and make the height too large.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
A Penguin said:
Hopefully with the (rumored) new engine, we can has Firefight MM and more customization?

I expected more from ODST customization really, besides full armours and helmet on/helmet off. This day and age, customization is huge in games. I wonder if the Sarge will have a helmet or the Rookie will have a face and secretly be Mister Chief in disguise.

GhaleonEB

Added the GAF gamertag to the Firefight section.

OP is pretty much all ready to go. The only issue is that including Eazy's GAF map list puts the OP over the character limit, so it has to be split into two posts. I've seen OP's split into multiple posts, so I PM'd an admin who was online last night, and never heard back.

Anyone know if posting a new thread counts as a post? I could post it and try to post again quickly to reserve the second post (which is where I want to park the "community resources" section).

Another alternate is to put that section in the OP, and just link to Eazy's list in whatever post I manage to snag. Wouldn't be a huge issue, I don't think.

GhaleonEB said:

OP is pretty much all ready to go. The only issue is that including Eazy's GAF map list puts the OP over the character limit, so it has to be split into two posts. I've seen OP's split into multiple posts, so I PM'd an admin who was online last night, and never heard back.

Anyone know if posting a new thread counts as a post? I could post it and try to post again quickly to reserve the second post (which is where I want to park the "community resources" section).

Another alternate is to put that section in the OP, and just link to Eazy's list in whatever post I manage to snag. Wouldn't be a huge issue, I don't think.
You could just inform me, and I'll make that second post. I'll put whatever you want me to put in that post. Just tell me when you'll post it, and I'll make that second post.

GhaleonEB said:

You could Post the community resources here and whoever gets the 1st post in the ODST thread could edit that section in. Assuming its not a random jerk who gets that post first :lol

edit: or what Dax said

Dax01 said:
You could just inform me, and I'll make that second post. I'll put whatever you want me to put in that post. Just tell me when you'll post it, and I'll make that second post.

He'll let you put whatever you want in his post...

GhaleonEB

BladedExpert said:
You could Post the community resources here and whoever gets the 1st post in the ODST thread could edit that section in. Assuming its not a random jerk who gets that post first :lol

edit: or what Dax said
Well, that section will be updated constantly with new maps and other such links. So I don't want to have to rely on someone else to make all the updates. Especially Dax. Kids these days are so unreliable.

GhaleonEB said:
Well, that section will be updated constantly with new maps and other such links. So I don't want to have to rely on someone else to make all the updates. Especially Dax. Kids these days are so unreliable.
I can keep it up to date. Believe.

GhaleonEB said:

Didn't think of that. I've seen mods delay posts in official threads before. Especially Bruce Leeroys crazy mega Official threads. Don't see why they wouldn't do it again.

rSpooky

ToyMachine228 said:
When they initially announced ODST, Bungie said the campaign was going to be 3-5 hours long. According to reports, it ended up being about 8-10 which is substantially longer. So for $60, you're getting the new ODST campaign, Firefight, all four Halo 3 map packs, and eventual access to the Halo: Reach beta.

thanks for the info.. looks like i will be 120$ poorer soon :p

Oozer3993

Son of Godzilla said:
This is from days ago but figured I'd quote it anyway. Those TRU gift cards aren't gift cards, they are some sort of rebate card or w/e. Meaning that it has an expiration date, most likely in two months. I would guess the end of November.

Also unless things have changed (And they might have) TRU doesn't stock M rated games in store. Halo was always the big exception to that.

I bought Assassin's Creed and Bioshock, both rated M, in store at 2 different Toys R Us locations. They'll be behind the counter though. And the gift card is a full gift card, you can use it on anything in the store, but it does have a rather quick expiration date. The one I got for Mario Galaxy was good for 6 months.

GhaleonEB said:

Why wouldn't you just immediately reply then add something later so you would have the first and second post as opposed to haveing you and Dax simultaneously turn a key to have the one and two spots hahaha

vhfive

GhaleonEB said:
just post again immediately with a period so you grab the second post and then go an edit it with whatever you want

Arnie

enzo_gt said:
How awesome? So awesome.

Does anyone else think Firefight should be an ODST exclusive feature though? The ODST's seem cool to me after reading the books and going through this games development cycle so although we know Reach's versus multiplayer will be a Spartan affair, it would be nice if they could create a new set of ODST's for use in Reach's firefight mode. Moreso, it says on Bucks character page in Firefight (if you pause the Bip, Bap, Bam trailer) that he is a veteran after fighting in the Battle of Reach, so doesn't that mean Nathan Fillion could return for Reach? And possibly as a firefight character?

Blueblur1

vhfive said:
just post again immediately with a period so you grab the second post and then go an edit it with whatever you want
You can't post twice in succession. There's a one minutely delay that'll stop Ghaleon and someone else will post. Probably a random douche and not any of us, too.

Top Bottom