• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach

GhaleonEB

Captain Blood said:
Why wouldn't you just immediately reply then add something later so you would have the first and second post as opposed to haveing you and Dax simultaneously turn a key to have the one and two spots hahaha
Well, there's a one post per minute limit. So if the new thread counts as a post, it would be 60 seconds before I could post again, and odds are good you jerks would have spotted it by then.
Dark FaZe said:
Is reach speculated to have singleplayer also?
Reach will have a campaign.

Ghal, I won't be on at your planned posting time, so unless you want to post it now (it's 1:17 here) someone else will have to step up.

Edit - EviLore's online now. You could try him.

Mad Max

Maybe you could ask an admin to remove the post time limit for a couple of minutes, he can do that in about 5 seconds, and it wouldn't really affect the forum too much.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
GhaleonEB said:
It's just a thread. Similar to what I did for the Halo 3 thread. Nothing magical.

You could always post it in the wrong forum (say online where it isn't as active) and then ask a mod to move it.

EazyB

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Added the GAF gamertag to the Firefight section.

OP is pretty much all ready to go. The only issue is that including Eazy's GAF map list puts the OP over the character limit, so it has to be split into two posts. I've seen OP's split into multiple posts, so I PM'd an admin who was online last night, and never heard back.

Anyone know if posting a new thread counts as a post? I could post it and try to post again quickly to reserve the second post (which is where I want to park the "community resources" section).

Another alternate is to put that section in the OP, and just link to Eazy's list in whatever post I manage to snag. Wouldn't be a huge issue, I don't think.
I always keep a single post bookmarked so I never have to dig around for the latest map list. So if you link to it (I'll just make it a post in some non first page) it'll be good as anything else.

I, and hopefully the other members here will wait for you to post a second time. The extra space could always come in handy.

ZeMMiK

I just received a magazine from Intertoys (Dutch) they sell ODST for only 44euro!!
and yes we spend euro's like dollars. Normally a game is 65euro-55euro.
I also saw a pricepoint of 49eu with a poster. So ODST is at a lower pricepoint in the Netherlands.

Kibbles

The announced title GI is showing is a 360 title. (They said the unannounced one was multiplat)

http://twitter.com/GI_AndyMc/status/3846605477
Got the new issue in the office this morning. Cover looks hot. Xbox 360 fans will be delighted by this one. Lots of good stuff inside.
Hmm. I doubt it's Halo: Reach though. ODST review? Perhaps not even Halo related.

[edit] err, fuck firefox. I typed ODST in the top and clicked on it, expecting to get the ODST thread and it went here.

Iron Toaster said:
Halopedia is having a contest where you can win Halo 3 swag (largely ODST), with the rewards being

* 5 copies of Halo 3: ODST
* 10 Limited edition Halo 3: ODST Xbox 360 controllers
* 10 Xbox Live 12-month Gold cards

All you got to do is post on the contest blog and you have a chance to win. Only open to American residents though. Pretty sweet IMO.

This contest is still on, it ends on the 27th.

Hostile Paradox

Neo Member
Ken Masters said:
The new Play mag says the campaign is 6hrs and the MP disc is just halo 3 mp with all the DLC. Why the hell is this $60?

Because Microsoft does not like to give things away for free.

Legendary Map Pack-600 MS Points
Mythic Map Pack------800 MS Points
ODST Map Pack------800 MS Points (Theoretical)
Total-------------------2200 MS Points ($27.50)

In other words:

$30 ODST Game
$30 Halo 3 Multiplayer

Stingy bastards.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
ZeMMiK said:
I just received a magazine from Intertoys (Dutch) they sell ODST for only 44euro!!
and yes we spend euro's like dollars. Normally a game is 65euro-55euro.
I also saw a pricepoint of 49eu with a poster. So ODST is at a lower pricepoint in the Netherlands.
www.dimplus.nl has it for 44 as well.

Ken Masters said:
The new Play mag says the campaign is 6hrs and the MP disc is just halo 3 mp with all the DLC. Why the hell is this $60?

Halo 3 ODST Campaign is as long as Halo 3 campaign. And there were no Firefights in Halo 3.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
This got eaten up pages ago but does anyone know how to change the default starting grenades on a map. Heretic starts with plasmas but I want it to be frags. I googled that ish and did a quick search on forgehub but couldn't find anything.

edit: LOL wow, silly firefox. I type ODST in my address bar and it gives me this thread instead of the official one.

~Kinggi~

Banned
So is Halo Reach supposed to be another FPS just like the other halos, or is it supposed to be more in line with Halo Wars, a different genre?

Septimus said:
Reach is being made from the ground up on a new engine, right?
Yup. Can't remember the source - it was a video, so GTTV or something? - but somebody from Bungie confirmed that Reach was going to use a new engine.

Since everyone keeps asking a million questions...Here's a summary.

Halo: Reach
- New engine
- First-person shooter
- Reach is a very historical planet in the Halo universe. Do your research if you want.
- Reach will have a multiplayer beta through Halo 3: ODST

That's some facts...Now some speculation for those of you who are interested.
-
The game almost undoubtedly involves multiple Spartans defending Reach from the Covenant.
- You can find out the basis of what happens on Reach by reading Halo: Fall of Reach. The events of Fall of Reach and Halo: Reach are likely one in the same. Not like EXACTLY, but it's the same event. Most likely.

BattleMonkey said:
Perhaps Reach wont be about the Fall of Reach.....

Well it sure as hell doesn't take place on Read AFTER the Fall of Reach. And given that there are multiple Spartans involved, the Fall of Reach events would make sense.

Tashi0106 said:
This got eaten up pages ago but does anyone know how to change the default starting grenades on a map. Heretic starts with plasmas but I want it to be frags. I googled that ish and did a quick search on forgehub but couldn't find anything.

edit: LOL wow, silly firefox. I type ODST in my address bar and it gives me this thread instead of the official one.
Read my post here.

Since people actually have ODST now with promised Reach Beta access, it seems a bit weird that no timeframe has been given for when that beta will be available and how. Any info?

SecretBonusPoint said:
Since people actually have ODST now with promised Reach Beta access, it seems a bit weird that no timeframe has been given for when that beta will be available and how. Any info?

Spring-ish.

Top Bottom