• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach

StUnNeR H2K

DancingJesus said:
More info about Firefight from Bungie:

"Drop feet first into a new way to play Halo with the cooperative campaign mode, Firefight. Form a squad with up to four of your friends over System Link or Xbox LIVE and put your skills to the ultimate test against the invading Covenant war machine for glory, high scores, and achievements. Do battle in multiple environments, on foot or in vehicles, and against increasingly difficult waves of Covenant attackers while Halo 3's skull modifiers progressively activate to up the ante.
After the Firefight, relive and review every last kill you earned and see how your high scores and stats stack up against your friends' and the community overall using Bungie.net's persistent online stats and Firefight leaderboards."

Sounds alot like the Call of Duty: World at War Zombie game... Should be fun!

GhaleonEB said:
halo-3-odst-20090601013614790_640w.jpg

randomemofhutaloveorgy.jpg
?

so no one is expecting anything new from reach?

i was expecting some sort of multi layered game, where halo 3 mp was just one layer, halo wars another etc etc

TTG

KevinCow said:
I'm kinda surprised at the direction they're going with this. I kinda thought it would be more of a squad based shooter with your ODST squad.

That's fine by me. What I'm hoping for is a return to basics sort of gameplay that we saw in Combat Evolved. As the series progressed, the scale became bigger and bigger and as a result, some of the smaller skirmishes suffered.

I want those classic battles(The Silent Cartographer comes to mind) where the action is much more focused and each vehicle plays a huge role in the tactics.

Kibbles

We need stills/gifs from the trailer.

Until then, here are some better versions of some pics. I haven't resized them myself, but they are from GameSpot, which surprisingly doesn't have watermarks. They are missing a few though...

954261_20090601_790screen001.jpg

954261_20090601_790screen002.jpg

954261_20090601_790screen003.jpg

954261_20090601_790screen004.jpg

954261_20090601_790screen005.jpg

954261_20090601_790screen006.jpg

954261_20090601_790screen007.jpg

954261_20090601_790screen008.jpg

954261_20090601_790screen009.jpg

954261_20090601_790screen010.jpg

954261_20090601_790screen011.jpg

954261_20090601_790screen012.jpg

954261_20090601_790screen013.jpg

954261_20090601_790screen014.jpg

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
In case anybody missed it, we have high resolution flavors of both trailers on Bungie.net now, plus screens, renders, and wallpapers. Sample our wares!

Also, Staten is so dreamy! That is all.

As a Halo fan, that looked hot. Only thing that really stood out to bother me was the zoom for the SMG being an exact BR zoom replica, thats...not final, is it?

mr stroke

Kibbles said:
We need stills/gifs from the trailer.

Until then, here are some better versions of some pics. I haven't resized them myself, but they are from GameSpot, which surprisingly doesn't have watermarks. They are missing a few though...

954261_20090601_790screen001.jpg

]

nothing mind blowing but these high res shots look hot(hopefully not bullshots)

neoism

ALL over my face, damn this game looks sooo fucking good! I knew 'ol bungle would release it in September they own that month now! And Holy shit at Halo Reach soo glad there making more Halo games BUNGLE for life!!!!!

neoism

Also I don't care about price, the few minutes of game footage I seen is enough for me. If this is $60 I don't care, I'm buying two copies anyway!

neoism

WOW at the haters, I do admit the MW2 demo was fucking awesome as hell, but this looks way better than Halo 3.

Thermite

BiasedGamer said:
This being $60 is really disappointing. I don't care about MP.

Price point hasn't been announced yet, as far as I know...so there's nothing to be disappointed about. And how can you not by psyched by Firefight!? (Basically horde) The thought of taking on countless Covenant forces with three other friends as ODSTs make me orgasmic.

Roquentin

Thermite said:
Price point hasn't been announced yet, as far as I know...so there's nothing to be disappointed about. And how can you not by psyched by Firefight!? (Basically horde) The thought of taking on countless Covenant forces with three other friends as ODSTs make me orgasmic.
Maybe it's just Kotaku

...and I don't have friends.

Gotta say I'm just a little bit disappointed. But it's hard to really get a feel for the "sandboxyness" of the game in the trailer.

But the $60 pricetag is some epic bullshit if the campaign is really 4-5 hours long.

Llyranor

Halo gameplay + vehicles + Horde mode + skulls enabling as the waves increase has me pretty hyped for this now. This is essentially the one thing I wanted. Thanks, Bungie!

fatty

Maybe I'm missing something since I'm not a Halo fan, but why are people complaining that it's going to be $60? Game looks like another Halo, and the graphics seem fine.

Leo the 3rd

Lord of the Manberries
ODST looks worthwhile, but I'm still not sure about Reach. Gotta see more before passing any kind of real judgement.

GhaleonEB

Cocopjojo said:
CE for $100, wow.
Well, it includes a wireless controller. Unless I'm missing something, that all the extras it has. I need a new controller, so getting that saves me $10.

Unless there's a REAL CE, with actual game-related extras. In which case, fuck.
Cocopjojo said:
Amazon has changed their release date from October 6 to September 22 (the correct date). The price is listed as $59.99.
Heh. I called the price back when MS pushed three of the Mythic maps into ODST instead of DLC. Pading the price.

fatty said:
Maybe I'm missing something since I'm not a Halo fan, but why are people complaining that it's going to be $60? Game looks like another Halo, and the graphics seem fine.

Because it was described from the beginning as essentially a beefy expansion, not a full title.

Expansions by nature don't have the same price as their full predecessors.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
GhaleonEB said:
Well, it includes a wireless controller. Unless I'm missing something, that all the extras it has. I need a new controller, so getting that saves me $10.

Unless there's a REAL CE, with actual game-related extras. In which case, fuck.
Yeah, that would suck, haha. I'll definitely be getting the controller, too. It looks really cool.

FrankT

Starchasing said:
so no one is expecting anything new from reach?

i was expecting some sort of multi layered game, where halo 3 mp was just one layer, halo wars another etc etc

I'm expecting a proper prequel and I'm certain that is what we are going to get. Excited for that for sure as I've been wanting one for a very long time indeed.

That's some serious horseshit if its $60.

I specifically remember Bungie being interview about it and they said it would NOT be full retail price.

george_us

It's weird seeing all the hate this game is getting. I think it personally looks fantastic and the visuals are a nice step up from Halo 3's. Bayonetta + Halo 3: ODST? It'll be a great December!:D

Blader5489 said:
$60, wtf? Didn't Bungie outright say that they weren't envisioning this as a full-price game?
They also said, "But it's up to Microsoft."

Microsoft.

I knew it'd be 60 bucks since day 1. Anyways, with Firefight I feel like it'll be worth it.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
DancingJesus said:
That's some serious horseshit if its $60.

I specifically remember Bungie being interview about it and they said it would NOT be full retail price.
No, Bungie's repeatedly said that they didn't think it should be full price. Developers don't set the prices for their games, though.

DSN2K

looking forward to both, :D how wierd was it seeing Halo games being almost tucked away in the middle of an E3 conference :lol

Top Bottom