• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3 PUBLIC free preview: IMAX screen, Seattle Pacific Science Center, August 21

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Man, I went to the IMAX for the first time JUST to see Batman Begins. Imagine what I'd do if I didn't have school holding me back for this event, if it wasn't only a few states away...

*sigh*

Darn you Bungie, and your need to place special events at times when it's inconvenient for me! I'm the only one that SHOULD matter... :frown:

NJ Shlice

ajgcam007.jpg

Shrennin

NJ x Falkor said:
Awesomeness

I wouldn't if I were you. The President has cars with built-in machine guns, imagine what they have for the Halo 3 'public' unveiling! 0_o

Shrennin

I wonder if this "one or two surprises" thing is BIG or something we already kind of have an idea 'bout, it'll just be unveiled fully. If that's the case, hopefully we'll see Forge in all its delicious glory.

Well people better get there early, depending on which of the two theaters it's in, there's either 382 or 411 seats. Hmmm.

I'm going to go stand in line right now.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
NJ x Falkor said:
Seattle deserves it. They've been regarded as the most depressing city in the USA for years now

Actually, Seattle was vited best vacation destination this year. Th weather is depressing in Winter, but every other aspect of the city rocks. It's like a cheaper San Francisco with better summers.

this is really cool. im 20 mins out of seattle, ill definitely go. probably have to get there real early though...parking is going to be a bitch

any other gafers going?

NJ Shlice

Stinkles said:
Actually, Seattle was vited best vacation destination this year. Th weather is depressing in Winter, but every other aspect of the city rocks. It's like a cheaper San Francisco with better summers.

:lol I don't believe it. They inched out Hawaii, The Bahamas, and Miami ?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
NJ x Falkor said:
:lol I don't believe it. They inched out Hawaii, The Bahamas, and Miami ?

LOL @ Miami. But yes. Apparently. Some travel publication. It's not democracy.

Tieno

I added a list of the Gaffers who have said they RSVP'd and so are going to the event. If it's incorrect or you want to be added, let me know in this thread.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Man oh man, I bet it fucking rocks on IMAX. Has Marty worked his magic into the build being shown?

M3wThr33

Banned
NJ x Falkor said:
"ROAR! I'M A DINOSAUR!!!"
hnation said:
A friend and I will be attending the Halo IMAX event tomorrow night.

Also, at the request of someone else on NeoGAF: " ROAR! I'M A DINOSAUR"

Thanks,
Chris Glass
I'll bring along my gf or someone else.

whats the weather like in seattle this time of the year?

has to be better than this 110 heat index we have daily in the south/midwest

Dartastic

GhaleonEB said:
Population of Seattle is roughly 600k, from what I can find. Probably best to plan on most of'em.

Also, I sent an RSVP email, but that was before I read this post. It's a two hour drive, and I'm heading there if I get somekind of confirmation that I can get in, but I'll hold off if it really is first come given the travel.

Yeah, same. I get off at 6, and if it's "first come first serve" I have a feeling that I won't get in. Bah to that. However, you've gotten the confirmation that you're getting in. I probably wont. Sooooo yeah. That's that then.

M3wThr33

Banned
I have no god damn clue what time to go and the fun fun construction on the I-5 is kinda sucky. I'll probably try to arrive a little after 6 for free parking.

GodfatherX said:
whats the weather like in seattl this time of the year?

has to be better than this 110 heat index we have daily in the south/midwest
This is the mildest fucking August I've known in Seattle. Seriously, like, I've lived here 5 years and I can't remember the last time August has been this nice.

M3wThr33 said:
I have no god damn clue what time to go and the fun fun construction on the I-5 is kinda sucky. I'll probably try to arrive a little after 6 for free parking.

This is the mildest fucking August I've known in Seattle. Seriously, like, I've lived here 5 years and I can't remember the last time August has been this nice.
great, looking forward to it

only 2 days to go

M3wThr33

Banned
Buttonbasher said:
People need to chant this, and "Hold me".

Do it.
Is there a Halo-reference I'm missing? I only own the first one on the PC, but I figure this'll be a fun event to attend.

kassatsu

Banned
M3wThr33 said:
I have no god damn clue what time to go and the fun fun construction on the I-5 is kinda sucky.
I haven't tempted fate with the I-5 yet. Staying away from it as much as I possibly can.

M3wThr33 said:

except for this weekend. its been rather nasty. including today.

Top Bottom