• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3 PUBLIC free preview: IMAX screen, Seattle Pacific Science Center, August 21

M3wThr33

Banned
kassatsu said:
I haven't tempted fate with the I-5 yet. Staying away from it as much as I possibly can.
I know this isn't the worst example but:
10:30 PM on Friday night trying to go from the West Seattle Bridge to the I-90 was a pain. (That's literally the first exit as soon as you get on the I-5) It was stop-and-go. I can't remember the last time I had to deal with that kind of slowness at night time.

Let's see. Redmond->Seattle is 15 minutes on a good day. Traffic makes it 1 hour. I-5 madness = ... I have to leave at 4:30 to make it there by 6:30.

NJ Shlice

M3wThr33 said:
Is there a Halo-reference I'm missing? I only own the first one on the PC, but I figure this'll be a fun event to attend.

Don't mean to point any fingers but it's going to suck for all of the Halo freaks who will drive hours to Seattle just to lose a seat to someone who is going to casually walk in.

kassatsu

Banned
M3wThr33 said:
I know this isn't the worst example but:
10:30 PM on Friday night trying to go from the West Seattle Bridge to the I-90 was a pain. (That's literally the first exit as soon as you get on the I-5) It was stop-and-go. I can't remember the last time I had to deal with that kind of slowness at night time.

Let's see. Redmond->Seattle is 15 minutes on a good day. Traffic makes it 1 hour. I-5 madness = ... I have to leave at 4:30 to make it there by 6:30.
I imagine it will pretty much be like driving on I-5 during Sea Fair. Since I-90 was closed during 12-2 it was a fucking mess.

NJ x Falkor said:
Don't mean to point any fingers but it's going to suck for all of the Halo freaks who will drive hours to Seattle just to lose a seat to someone who is going to casually walk in.

That's when you assume the role of the Master Chief and get medieval.

M3wThr33

Banned
I've been to plenty of special events akin to this where there's tons of non-hardcore fans just looking to have some fun.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
M3wThr33 said:
I've been to plenty of special events akin to this where there's tons of non-hardcore fans just looking to have some fun.

JEALOUS RAGE!

Have fun, dude. Should be pretty sweet.

M3wThr33 said:

Sad but true, it's a shame because I'd be willing to murder half a country just to be there.

thanks frankie

i believe the crowne plaza is offering the shuttle so we will be taking that, so im sure they will have the shortest route planned out

anyone stayed at or seen the Crowne Plaza?

Shouta

M3wThr33 said:
IThis is the mildest fucking August I've known in Seattle. Seriously, like, I've lived here 5 years and I can't remember the last time August has been this nice.

Was about to say "wth" then I saw you've only been here for 5 years. =P Last few years have been absolutely brutal though.

Maybe I should go to this event even if I don't like Halo. =o

M3wThr33

Banned
So in reality I should have been bitching about the heat years ago and this is something I should take for granted? That makes me feel a bit better.
(I'm from Los Angeles.)

Edit:
I have a crapload of Nintendo/Zelda/Mario shirts, plus a Red Faction shirt and 2 Half-Life 2 shirts. Nothing really sensational. I sent my Quake 4 shirt home last week.

Shouta

NJ x Falkor said:
Do it. Wear a Killzone shirt.

Don't have one! Oh well. That would be highly amusing. I can see the headline on King5 News now "Man trampled to death at Halo 3 event because he was wearing a Killzone Shirt, more at 6:30pm!"

M3wThr33 said:
So in reality I should have been bitching about the heat years ago and this is something I should take for granted? That makes me feel a bit better.
(I'm from Los Angeles.)

More or less. This is what a typical Seattle summer is like sometimes cooler. The last few years have been brutal, particularly July 2006.

Shouta said:
Don't have one! Oh well. That would be highly amusing. I can see the headline on King5 News now "Man trampled to death at Halo 3 event because he was wearing a Killzone Shirt, more at 6:30pm!"

"Coming up on the hour, man brutezowned by crazed Halo fanatics."

M3wThr33

Banned
On a super-side note, anyone here going to the Crossroads Bellevue Gamestop tonight for the Bioshock midnight launch? I'll be there, antsy to get it.

NJ x Falkor said:
I would think we'll see it very shortly after this event.

The problem I have is that as each day passes, my hype level increases.

And as has been the case with games in the past, I've been let down when the time actually came to play it, too many expectations.

kassatsu

Banned
M3wThr33 said:
On a super-side note, anyone here going to the Crossroads Bellevue Gamestop tonight for the Bioshock midnight launch? I'll be there, antsy to get it.
They are doing a midnight launch?

LukeSmith

M3wThr33 said:

No, the friggin Northgate Gamestop isn't having a midnight sale. I wish I'd ordered somewhere else now.

Shouta

LukeSmith said:
No, the friggin Northgate Gamestop isn't having a midnight sale. I wish I'd ordered somewhere else now.

Where did they move that store anyway? I noticed they were constructing stuff there and went into the mall instead to preorder stuff.

LukeSmith

Shouta said:
Where did they move that store anyway? I noticed they were constructing stuff there and went into the mall instead to preorder stuff.

It's down sort of next to the food court in the Northgate mall--At the other end of the mall from where Barnes and Noble (will be). I don't know if it was somewhere else previously, I only went there for the first time a few weeks ago to pre-order BioShock

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
Stinkles said:
Actually, Seattle was vited best vacation destination this year. Th weather is depressing in Winter and Fall and Spring and some Summers, but every other aspect of the city rocks. It's like a cheaper San Francisco with better summers.
Fixed it for you.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
LukeSmith said:
It's down sort of next to the food court in the Northgate mall--At the other end of the mall from where Barnes and Noble (will be). I don't know if it was somewhere else previously, I only went there for the first time a few weeks ago to pre-order BioShock

Gamecrazy on 45th st is the real game stor.e

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
M3wThr33 said:
I have no god damn clue what time to go and the fun fun construction on the I-5 is kinda sucky. I'll probably try to arrive a little after 6 for free parking.

This is the mildest fucking August I've known in Seattle. Seriously, like, I've lived here 5 years and I can't remember the last time August has been this shitty.
Fixed it for you.
You call rain on just about every weekend in August nice?

Edit: I have to make sure people do not get funny ideas about moving to Seattle. It's really overcrowded now.

LukeSmith said:
If you want to keep your sanity, avoid the place during the holiday run-up no matter what exclusive package Gamestop/EB may have. In fact, avoid Alderwood, Southcenter, Bellevue Square, etc. unless you enjoy sitting on I-5/405 while waiting to exit or at stoplights waiting to get on.

And dear god, do not get ambitious to explore the greater Puget Sound area and go to the Everett Mall at any time of the year.

If you go to Stinkles's suggestion, at least you can go to Dick's or get a gyro on the Ave. Better yet, a slice of Pagliacci's Spicy Pepperoni; stinks like rotten goat
lol, Sony...
but is quite good, actually.

Good luck with the event.

Shouta

LukeSmith said:

Oh, they just renamed that to GameStop then I guess. It used to be an EB and the GameStop was near Kicks before the construction started.

Top Bottom