• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3 swedish controverstory

raYne

GhaleonEB said:
Speaking of jackals...I really, really want to use that shield of theirs.
Yeah, I can see you on the battlefield running around with both the Jackal shield and the Energy sword. Oblivion all over again! :lol

Fallout-NL said:
Orbital drop shock troopers?
If that translates to badasses, then yes. ;)

Yeah, that'd be them.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I'd love to see helljumpers and ODST's, but frankly, it wouldn't be balanced against Spartans and Elites...

raYne

Skilotonn said:
I'd love to see helljumpers and ODST's, but frankly, it wouldn't be balanced against Spartans and Elites...
Pfft.. just give them "experimental shields"/"modded Spartan armor".

I don't want it split up into class based stuff at all, so balance isn't an issue. It'd essentially just be another skin.

GhaleonEB

raYne said:
Pfft.. just give them "experimental shields"/"modded Spartan armor".

I don't want it split up into class based stuff at all, so balance isn't an issue. It'd essentially just be another skin.
Even with different models using the same capabilities, they can be unbalanced. That's why there's so few Elites online in Halo 2. It's a tough thing to pull off. I'd like to see it mind you, but I think it adds a huge balancing effort into the MP, beyond what's already there.

Dunno if its been posted, but oh well.

mediaxq2.jpg

just noticed the emblems... they seem to be the same as halo 2. Maybe they are placeholder?

17 pages of Halo 3 info???

Geezus chirst imagine the possibilities?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
maybe i'm not compensating properly for the quality of the scans, but the mp models don't look like the trailer model to me -- certainly mc's suit doesn't look as convincingly metallic. but i don't doubt that the trailer was realtime or that the game will ultimately look that way.

edit: you know, there's any number of people here who could just tell us whether the model is the same, but they're just going to be like 'buy egm' or 'move to sweden' or something :(

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
drohne said:
maybe i'm not compensating properly for the quality of the scans, but the mp models don't look like the trailer model to me -- certainly mc's suit doesn't look as convincingly metallic. but i don't doubt that the trailer was realtime or that the game will ultimately look that way.

edit: you know, there's any number of people here who could just tell us whether the model is the same, but they're just going to be like 'buy egm' or 'move to sweden' or something :(

Buy EGM. Also, it's the same model, but sans certain battle damage, since MP models aren't the Chief.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
Stinkles said:
MP models aren't the Chief.

so for all those hours when i thought i was the master chief killing other, evil master chiefs i was CRUELLY DECEIVED? :eek:

thanks, anyway, and i suppose my egm will show up soon enough.

GhaleonEB

Skilotonn said:
Haven't seen it stated anywhere, but I'm sure it's still 16...
I'm hoping for 24 on some of the larger maps. Containment on Halo 2 is HUGE and feels too empty even with 16 players. So, either some levels of that size with more players, or same players and nothing on that scale.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
GhaleonEB said:
I'm hoping for 24 on some of the larger maps. Containment on Halo 2 is HUGE and feels too empty even with 16 players. So, either some levels of that size with more players, or same players and nothing on that scale.

Actually, with the new scale, you're right - but I'm not getting my hopes up in that sense though... I'll keep my expectations at 16 for now...

GhaleonEB

thekad said:
How early does EGM usually get "leaked"?
It lands in the first couple of days next week. I hope the first person to mention that it's leaked gets banned, even if they don't link or hint where. Those "nudge nudge wink wink" discussion threads drive me nuts. I'll buy the mag when it hits stands, and read some impressions from those that have it.

I also decided today to subscribe to EGM. I have not had a gaming mag subscription in about four years, but the Gears issue was really excellent, with good writing. I really like the content (but not layout) of 1up and figured it's about time I support those guys with some green.

GhaleonEB

Mark Gonzales said:
Sure it is. Thus the reason they will be dumbing down the level of detail in the game.
what the **** you babblin about? :p

moving on....

Halo wouldn't work with tons of players, like 64. I think 24 would be the max, on a big map with multiple objectives. 32 is really, really pushing it for this kind of play.

Okin

Mark Gonzales said:
Sure it is. Thus the reason they will be dumbing down the level of detail in the game.

What?

-

You know, maybe I missed this, but I remember that Microsoft announced that they had licensed Unreal 3 for all their 1st party games. Is Halo 3 running on Unreal technology now, or is it still in-house?

GhaleonEB said:
what the **** you babblin about? :p

moving on....

Halo wouldn't work with tons of players, like 64. I think 24 would be the max, on a big map with multiple objectives. 32 is really, really pushing it for this kind of play.
Although Halo has the ability to have 16 players, I always play with usually 8 (4vs4). I'd be happy if they pushed it up to 32 for the option, but I would still play in small numbers, with the occasional 32-player game.

D:

Okin said:
What?

-

You know, maybe I missed this, but I remember that Microsoft announced that they had licensed Unreal 3 for all their 1st party games. Is Halo 3 running on Unreal technology now, or is it still in-house?
I'm sure it's safe to say that Bungie is not using UE3. They do a lot of their stuff in-house.

Joe

i'd like to take this time to wave my middle finger at whoever said signing up for multiple free egm subscriptions just extends how long you get magazines for. i now receive 2 issues a month and they come about a week between each other. A-HOLE.

Wow, I don't see why Bungie even showed this. There are far too many graphics whores out there who throw all logic out the winow when discussing this crap. Of course it doesn't look like the trailer: the god damn effects aren't in place, at all.

Once again Bungie has shown a Halo title too early. They should have just created another kickass trailer, released some single player/multi player details, and a called it a day. The PS3 poses no threat this year due to shipments, so there's no point in these desperate measures.

Hyoushi

eso76 said:
Alan wake what ? (i skipped several pages, was that part where the article mentions alan wake translated)
All it says is that Bungie's new offices are in Kirkland, WA and the surroundings look a lot like the environments in Alan Wake, since "Bright Falls" was based on this general area.

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
SpokkX said:
my thoughts exactly

this would REALLY make a difference, first fps to do it?
Many other games have done this before. Try for example Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and the Double Agent game. Especially cool in multiplayer, where you can actually stand on the corpse of a dead spy in triumph.

I can't believe people think that's impressive. It's cool and realistic, bad hardly new. Look at the awesome enviroments for impressive.

StRaNgE

Banned
cool_dude_2049 said:
Dunno if its been posted, but oh well.

mediaxq2.jpg

just noticed the emblems... they seem to be the same as halo 2. Maybe they are placeholder?

17 pages of Halo 3 info???

Geezus chirst imagine the possibilities?

when is this due out on news stands again???

Amir0x

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
Wow, I don't see why Bungie even showed this. There are far too many graphics whores out there who throw all logic out the winow when discussing this crap. Of course it doesn't look like the trailer: the god damn effects aren't in place, at all.

Once again Bungie has shown a Halo title too early. They should have just created another kickass trailer, released some single player/multi player details, and a called it a day. The PS3 poses no threat this year due to shipments, so there's no point in these desperate measures.

It's also the multiplayer (right?) so obviously it also may not look as good as the single player.

This still looks good, though.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
drohne said:
so for all those hours when i thought i was the master chief killing other, evil master chiefs i was CRUELLY DECEIVED? :eek:

Everyone knows Halo MP chronicles the tale of civil war among human civilization inbetween wars with the covenant. Dontchoo know nutching?

Joe said:
i'd like to take this time to wave my middle finger at whoever said signing up for multiple free egm subscriptions just extends how long you get magazines for. i now receive 2 issues a month and they come about a week between each other. A-HOLE.

Me too.

Zenith

Banned
In the just-redesigned December issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly (subscribers should have it any day now) a handful of editors took Halo 3's multiplayer game hands-on.

The result? A 17-page cover story and a three-week series of stories on 1UP called "3 Weeks of Halo 3."

Before all of that information ends up in your hands, though -- here's a small taste of what to expect from both EGM and 1UP over the next few weeks:

What are these new Brutish weapons? What's a Spike Rifle...or a Spike Grenade?
The Mongoose (the once-scrapped ATV from Halo/Halo 2) is back: Who wants to ride Brokeback?
Halo 3 will have three retail SKUs: standard, collector's edition, and Legendary. Guess which one comes with a helmet and four discs of content?
Adding bumpers to the 360 controller means there's some extra real estate for Bungie to play with. Now the left bumper reloads your dual-wielded weapon and the right bumper is the normal reload. What does X do, though? Mum.
Starting weapon: Bungie thinks they have the "perfect" starting weapon in Halo 3. It's not the pistol, the battle rifle, or the SMG...and it's pretty familiar. How does the new Assault Rifle play?
One of the new maps, Valhalla, is being called "the new Blood Gulch" -- but this isn't another coat of new paint on the Combat Evolved classic. This is, from-the-ground-up, a brand-new map. How is it?
What if you could save your own movies from Halo 3's single- and multiplayer gameplay and then rewatch them? In Halo 3, you can.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154702

yeah.....a pity another outlet already revealed these details. someone beat you to the punch so stop acting like this news is exclusive.

God I hope Bungie spends as much time on this game as Microsoft allows. I wouldn't mind if it got pushed back a whole year because I know once this game drops, I won't play any other online FPS until Halo 4. And we all know Halo 4 won't come out for a looooong time (if ever).

So please take your time and make it the best freakin game possible

Top Bottom