• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 Boxart Revealed

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
So MasterChief is now fighting...

Unikron?

Is that a pokemon?

Hahaha....wait not sure if both of are being serious?

but just in case.

Unikron misspelling of Unicron.

This is Unicron :
unicron.jpg

medium_tf_universe_comic1_unicron.jpg

The first and biggest transformer....he turns into a planet.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I can't wait to see the graphics on this game as it's engine is supposed to rival/beat Frostbite (Battlefield 3).

When was this ever claimed? (got a link to share?)
And are they talking about Forstbite 2.0 on Xbox 360 without the HD package installed?
Cuz i dont see this engine beating Frostbite 2.0 maxed out.

Davey Cakes

I'm not big into Halo (I only occasionally play the multiplayer mode), but I will say that Halo 4's box is the best one yet.

Petrichor

So, despite the dedicated servers hiccup, things are running pretty perfectly for this game

+ Great graphixsh
+ Great map design
+ Great looking atmosphere
+ Interesting plot premise
+ Amazing concept art
+ Features returning that the fans want (BR)
+ Creatively artistic box art
+ Spartan Op's
+ Multiplayer innovations

In terms of having the biggest impact? E3's is Halo 4's to lose, 343i could send hype skyrocketing which would perfectly complement the disgruntled CoD fanbase.

Let's hope for the best chums.

A big long campaign demo that reveals the new enemy would make E3 for me, and almost make up for (the inevitable) lack of new consoles :(

Petrichor

It's alright. Takes a backseat to the fucking gorgeous Halo 3 cover.

I still think the original Halo 3 boxart was better (obviously minus the MGS tile)

halo-3-possible-box-art.jpg

Halo 4 is the new top dog though, PROVIDED the UK box doesn't look like the german one where the entrance to requiem is obscured.

That's some seriously nice artwork. It looks like the remains of a Covenant ship are going down over on the right of the picture - I'm guessing it belongs to whoever
boards the Forward unto Dawn
right at the beginning of the game. I'm still not sold on the Masterchief's new armour. It's grown on me a bit, but there something about the chest/abdomen area I just don't like. The two horizontal plates don't sit right to me, but it's not a big deal.

Perhaps more pertinently, why is the Masterchief's right shoulder red while his left shoulder's black? It could be artistic licence, I suppose, but then again it seems like an odd thing to differentiate. Maybe it's - ack! - perk related?

*shrugs*

I still think the original Halo 3 boxart was better (obviously minus the MGS tile)

http://files.xboxic.com/xbox-360/halo-3/halo-3-possible-box-art.jpg[IMG]

Halo 4 is the new top dog though, PROVIDED the UK box doesn't look like the german one where the entrance to requiem is obscured.[/QUOTE]
Have you seen different covers for MGS games? If Amazon.de got the real packshot, it will be worldwide like it.

Perhaps more pertinently, why is the Masterchief's right shoulder red while his left shoulder's black? It could be artistic licence, I suppose, but then again it seems like an odd thing to differentiate. Maybe it's - ack! - perk related?

*shrugs*
Are you talking about the Halo 4 packshot or the first leaked Halo 3 pack shot art?

Fantastic boxart. I was very pleasently surprised upon entering this thread, seriously.

... but hopefully they won't mess up the limited and legendary edition boxarts!

Anyone remember the the ones inside the legendary edition for Halo 3? Almost completely black! What was up with that?

After the final scene, a still image of Master Chief as pictured on the cover is on the screen. Just as it seems the game is over, a droplet falls unto the picture, and reveals it is under a body of water. The camera pans back to reveal a single tear rolling down the cheek of a young boy. He is sitting on a bench at an asylum, holding a tin can, colored green by markers, with a small part of the can's original orange color left alone.

"Come along now John," says the nurse, "it's time for your medication." As John passes by, he notices the other inmates. Old Man Johnson was a nice man. If he managed to take his pills and stay calm, they let him smoke his cigar. He loved those cigars. He would wear his old marine hat. A dusty, green thing, but when he had his hat and cigar, he seemed to be back in his glory days. He was good friends with Mr. Keyes, as they both loved to talk about wars and guns. If Mr. Keyes wasn't with Johnson, then it was the rare few occasion that his daughter Miranda visited. His eyes would glow, no matter how few times a year she visited, nor how cold she was.

John noticed his old friend as he passed through the second hallway. He always wondered who was behind that little camera lens. He knew the men in room 343, under the camera, were always watching him. They're always watching, and the seem to know all. No matter what John did, they had already known, and already been watching. The floating eyes seemed to follow him step by step.

John finally made it to his room, accompanied by the nurse. He knew what time it was. It was time for him to go to sleep. They would wake them up when they needed him, he knew. When they needed someone to stand up. "This won't hurt one bit," she said. As John started to doze off, everything around him started to blur...he could barely make anything out...the nurse bumbled something out that John couldn't hear. Something about going into shock. He didn't know. He always thought that she was odd. Courtney-Anna was nice though, she always cared for John....he looked to the left at his green and orange painted tin can....a glance at his nature poster that he got from his mother...he hated that poster...he hated all the animals on the poster as well, the monkeys, the squids, they were all despised...then John remembered his father, and looked to the poster to the right...right by the can...they were his and his father's favorite team when he was still alive....they would go to every single Spartan game, always dressed in green and orange...but no more...John decided to glance up for one last time...he saw a water-stain in the roof that he always had noticed...it looked like a halo.

What in the...

Here's the official boxart, from amazon.de:

91mA3lLoYYL._AA1500_.jpg

Goldrusher's one was almost spot-on, and I must say I liked it more :)

hmmmmm, they kinda tweaked the colors and it definitely took away from it a bit.

halo-3-possible-box-art.jpg

Halo 4 is the new top dog though, PROVIDED the UK box doesn't look like the german one where the entrance to requiem is obscured.
Yeah I still think that version of Halo 3 art is my favorite Halo boxart, even though I wish the stuff in the back looked better.

if anyone from 343i / MS is lurking. Take note, this:

morelikeitfecc3.jpg

looks better than this:

Yup, I agree entirely, from text placement to overall colors and scale.

Are you talking about the Halo 4 packshot or the first leaked Halo 3 pack shot art?

The Halo 4 packshot. You can disregard what I said though - having seen the image blown up I think it's just the light shining off his armour that causes one side to look red rather than black. I don't think it's possible to infer any significance from it.

That said, I hope there's an obvious way to tell what AA your opponents are packing in Halo 4's multiplayer (outside of them actually using it). In Reach it felt like I was rolling a dice as to the outcome. :/

2San

When was this ever claimed? (got a link to share?)
And are they talking about Forstbite 2.0 on Xbox 360 without the HD package installed?
Cuz i dont see this engine beating Frostbite 2.0 maxed out.
Does it matter? Battlefield 3(with HD package) looks like shit on consoles. Reach looks way better than BF3, so I imagine Halo 4 looking better wouldn't be that crazy.

Top Bottom