• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Karl2177

You should've put in a 'I don't like them at all' answer in there. Data from that question is pretty pointless now.

It's a checkbox. So if you don't like any, don't select any.
8ppn2.png

8ppn2.png

Cross posting but:

I imagine most people will feel the need to click one option - and do you track entries from people who dont click anything? Do participants know that a none vote is counted? It would be better for the data if you had it as a clear cut option in there.

Karl2177

Cross posting but:

I imagine most people will feel the need to click one option - and do you track entries from people who dont click anything? Do participants know that a none vote is counted? It would be better for the data if you had it as a clear cut option in there.

I can see if none are selected and so far one person has done that. I also edited it so it say, "If you don't like any, don't select any".

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Why don't people like the ordnance? It's a pretty cool addition and doesn't really happen too often. Maybe like 2 to 4 times a match.

JackHerer

I can see if none are selected and so far one person has done that. I also edited it so it say, "If you don't like any, don't select any".

What's the distinction between global ordnance and random ordnance? Except for initial drops global ordnance is random.

Why not just add a tickbox to achieve the same thing? And in a more effective, fairer way.

The selective polling you've got going on is amusing, to say the least.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Why don't people like the ordnance? It's a pretty cool addition and doesn't really happen too often. Maybe like 2 to 4 times a match.
They don't like Random Ordnance and how someone with the luck of the draw can get an Incineration Cannon and become basically untouchable for a period of time.

Also the speed of it does make things more chaotic than people like traditionally. Generally it makes it more difficult for those at the bottom to keep up if they keep spawning into a field of players with power weapons. I'm fine with it overall though.

Izayoi

Banned
• Implemented general stability improvements
• Fixed glitch where quickly reloading after firing the Boltshot resulted in an instant reload
• Fixed glitch where sprinting prior to activating the Hardlight Shield allowed players to move faster
• Fixed glitch were players could throw a grenade and then immediately sprint afterwards to perform a high velocity grenade
• Fixed glitch where Mantis could fire more rockets without reloading if the machine gun was fired partway through unleashing the charged missile barrage
• Fixed issue where DLC was unavailable for other profiles on the same console
• Fixed issue where DLC disappeared after console reboot
• Fixed issue where players could not unlock Campaign completion achievements when using a rally point other than Alpha for any mission to finish the Campaign
• Fixed issue where players were not given credit for completion of a Spartan Ops Episode Difficulty Challenge when completing it through Matchmaking
• Fixed issue where players with 99 or more Xbox LIVE friends could not get File recommendations
• Fixed issue where loadout configurations were lost if the game was booted and then powered off before passing the “Press START” screen
• Fixed issue where attempting to upload large films to the File Share under poor network conditions caused the upload to fail
• Improved time to load variants with separate profiles
• Fixed issue where moving a profile from one controller port to another after relaunching the game reset loadout settings
• Improved consistency of random ordnance navigation marker display
• Fixed performance issues when launching Halo Waypoint from Halo 4
Good show. It's disappointing that there wasn't a beta to catch this stuff, but I'm glad to see that they're quick in fixing it.

http://i.imgur.com/8ppn2.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
"Ordnance Sucks" should definitely be an option. Or, at least, "Ordnance needs some serious work."

Ordnance is fine if the drop locations were not random. Keep the drops but give weapons set spots. I don't mean rotating spots either, the sniper always drops in one place, the shotty always drops in one place, etc.

TheOddOne

Binary Rifle is fucking good, with ammo perk you are pretty much a machine. With Stability though, you get the feeling you are trolling everybody.

Ordnance is fine if the drop locations were not random. Keep the drops but give weapons set spots. I don't mean rotating spots either, the sniper always drops in one place, the shotty always drops in one place, etc.

Correct, it isn't that the stuff dropping is the problem (I like how they have added an animation to it) it is the randomness of it is what screws it all up.

volturnus

Banned
I played a local game of Binary Rifles only and the amount of snapshots I got was disgusting.

DISGUSTING.
lol
I imagine it was out of curiosity, because judging by Valhalla, it must be frustrating, to say the least.
Binary Rifle is fucking good, with ammo perk you are pretty much a machine. With Stability though, you get the feeling you are trolling everybody.
I wouldn't question it being good, it's probably the strongest power weapon in the game, but it's also the easiest to get multiple kills with, and targets can hardly react when being aimed at.

TheOddOne

I wouldn't question it being good, it's probably the strongest power weapon in the game, but it's also the easiest to get multiple kills with, and targets can hardly react when being aimed at.
I've missed shots before, but yeah it is one of the more powerful power weapons.

volturnus

Banned
Anyone know whats the max amount of points you can get in one kill?
You can get multiple "style" medals at the same time, for instance: Headshot+Killjoy+Close call+Avenger+Revenge+Busted/Bulltrue.
I remember getting 30 points once, but the example above could get you 40, and there's room for more, I believe.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
You can get multiple "style" medals at the same time, for instance: Headshot+Killjoy+Close call+Avenger+Revenge+Busted/Bulltrue.
I remember getting 30 points once, but the example above could get you 40, and there's room for more, I believe.

I think the max i ever got was 30. Im curious to know how much you can stack up on.

Speaking of the Binary Rifle, I am dying to get 16 people customs of Binary Slayer on Ragnarok or another BTB map. I played it with 3 people on Haven and it was crazy like that, 16 would be insane.

exYle

Binary Rifle, Incinerator Cannon, DMR.
The first two are power-power weapons. Annoying, if i can pick them up, there is no reason not to (other power weapon choise are just so much worse compared to those).
The DMR... well, it is just too useful everywhere. I can shoot snipers before they can even hit me, i beat Lightrifle easily. I beat BRs easily, if they miss a burst partially i win. CQB weapons are no problem if i can shoot them before they get in range.
Reducing the DMR's rate of fire very, very slightly should balance it out compared to others. The Carbine would suck still though, needs a buff.

What kind of statement is that? Are you saying that if you saw a Rocket Launcher, Fuel Rod, Sniper, or Beam rifle, you'd have a reason not to pick it up?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Im fucking magnetized for grenades. If whoever is in the room with me wants a free kill all they have to do is to toss a nade straight up. It doesnt matter what game it is apparently it will always find its way literally to my face.

tonitoni

I have not lurked this thread for some time, and answering that questionnaire made me wonder if I am alone in thinking that engineers and artists in 343i did a GREAT job and that on the other hand designers made lots of bad decisions (Plot, campaign mission and encounter design, multiplayer design, UI, Promethean weapons being just a skin over human weapons, ...) or is it a widespread opinion?

boy i never thought of that. thank you very much, from now on i'll just activate my xbox's asshole filter before playing a matchmaking game.

How about you play with people you know instead of being a wise guy?
Crazy theory: there might be people ITT willing to play with you. Or maybe not, if you're always this fun.

Any assholes on the other team are hardly the problem.

I have not lurked this thread for some time, and answering that questionnaire made me wonder if I am alone in thinking that engineers and artists in 343i did a GREAT job and that on the other hand designers made lots of bad decisions (Plot, campaign mission and encounter design, multiplayer design, UI, Promethean weapons being just a skin over human weapons, ...) or is it a widespread opinion?
Please elaborate on how Promethean Weapons are just skins over human weapons. That's a first complaint ive seen.

Please elaborate on how Promethean Weapons are just skins over human weapons. That's a first complaint ive seen.

Not sure if facetious or...

They are essentially a shotgun, assault rifle, rocket launcher, and a rifle. They are all unique enough (Scattershot has the bounce, IC has the MIRV-effect, etc.) that they're not just "skins" but I understand people's complaints about them.

That being said, the Boltshot and the Promethean grenade are pretty unique.

Not sure if facetious or...

They are essentially a shotgun, assault rifle, rocket launcher, and a rifle. They are all unique enough (Scattershot has the bounce, IC has the MIRV-effect, etc.) that they're not just "skins" but I understand people's complaints about them.

That being said, the Boltshot and the Promethean grenade are pretty unique.
That I understand the variants of Prom weapons are similar to human weapons, but you can say the same thing about Covy weapons. 343 should have added more variety to Prom weapons to not make that feeling evident.
Really? I see it a bunch, regardless of how much of an invalid argument it is.
I haven't been on HaloGAF enough to read all of the feedback.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Really? I see it a bunch, regardless of how much of an invalid argument it is.

I think the bigger issue is whitewashing weapons. Halo players seem to believe that every standard loadout weapon weapon should be on equal footing. That is pretty silly imo. The differences between all the rifles are pronounced enough to be distinct but not enough to claim there is one starting 'superweapon'. People keep claiming the DMR is too good yet AR players run over both BR and DMR players at a certain range. No weapon is too good. There are characteristics that highlight play styles. This is what makes a game interesting. Keep it that way. Making all the main rifles similar is a titanic mistake.

raindoc

How about you play with people you know instead of being a wise guy?
Crazy theory: there might be people ITT willing to play with you. Or maybe not, if you're always this fun.

Any assholes on the other team are hardly the problem.

no sir. as the one who's solution to not getting betrayed is "not playing with assholes" you don't get to call out other people on "acting wise".
always playing with a full team of friends is not the standard situation on XBL.

So...watching the cutscenes again, 2 things have stood out so far.

1. I like how Cortana's "Chip" can be inserted into absolutely everything, included thousand and thousand and thousands year old Forerunner tech. I realize this has been the case in every Halo game, first time I've noticed for some reason.

2. How fuckin' giant is the Didact? The Chief is what, 8 ft? 9 ft? In the cutscene where he takes hold of his body, Chief looks a fraction of his size. I haven't read the Forerunner trilogy books yet, so IDK if it states in there how large Forerunners were.

Top Bottom