• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Not being sarcastic in the slightest. It's one of the core things I consider to make Halo feel like Halo to me. Zooming in but also strafing while being zoomed in.
I'm not sure that's what he meant, I think it was more of a "what-you-expect-from-343-after-what-they-chose-to-do-with-4" remark?

Yo Henery you don't do too bad when you play with me man, I don't really carry you.

We gotta play next month when all the fresh blood come in. Seriously I cant wait for all the people like Speedy who started with Halo Reach to get in my games to get whooped.

I didn't start with Reach?
I started with Halo 3 haha

Also, we seriously need HaloGAF back, and need to merge the two threads together. :p Both threads are slow now, kind of boring. :p

Next month, HOPEFULLY when Halo 3 becomes free the play population spikes up, and becomes decent. I'd love to play Halo 3 again, if even for a month with players. Has 343 said whether or not they're giving the DLC for free as well? They either need to give all the DLC free, or change the Playlist restriction, because if they don't, the new players next month will only be able to play Lone Wolves, Team Slayer, and Social Slayer, if I recall correctly.

TCKaos

Hate to get canonical but Spartans have zoom in the helmet visors linked to their weapons. There is literally no need for them to aim down sights.

Oh, I know, they've got specific zoom modules for different weapons (and for whatever reason the Sniper Rifle in The Babysitter required a manual link), but I'm still saying it'd be nifty to have.

It's an idea I've been toying with in Project Livechamber possible UDK shenanigans I've yet to actually dive in to.

Ghazi

Just like how 343i wouldn't get rid of Campaign Theater or Scoring or Descoping or static weapons spawns or Invasion or ...

BigShow36

Yea I figured that but I'm saying there's no way H5 will have ADS. Even after all the changes H4 brought.

I think that's a pretty silly assumption after what we've seen.

No sprint.
Powerups on the map.
Level starting ground.
No kill streaks.
No fucking bloom.

Those would be more "fundamental" than the zoom mechanic and they have all been thrown out the window. Heck, given what they've done with flinch and no de-scoping, I would say ADS is a logical conclusion to that design arc.

I'm not saying I expect them to do it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did it either.

Madness

Damn if Halo 5 has ADS, that's it then. End of the series for me. I was watching the Destiny closed room demo again. I don't know, maybe Call of Duty has ruined ADS for me, but I was so turned off. Sprint to the room, ADS with the rifle, some kind of weird slide, melee knife, etc.

I can understand the temptation to capture the crowd, but that's not what Halo is about. In a sea of similar ADS shooters, it should stand out. I mean Destiny, CoD: Ghosts, TitanFall, Battlefield 4, Killzone etc.

I'd prefer the movement of Halo:CE, with the maps of H2 and H3, maybe a few CE ones, with the UI and modes of Reach etc. Maybe have the gameplay be a combination of H2/H4?

Madness

The split is better because the thread doesn't move a million posts per hour full of shitty posts.

I might be on some H4 later.

Sort for double post, but I've been lurking in a lot of community threads. They were wildly off topic at times as well. Often times rarely discussing the games but about the industry etc. It's just weird limiting discussion to two threads. There is so much overlap in discussion.

I think the mods were just upset at the insults, the trolling or meta discussion as opposed to being off topic. I'd like to see a merge eventually.

Halo |OT18| We Were Just Missing in Action...

343 wouldn't add ADS, that's the one addition I believe 343 will never implant. ADS completely changes the concept and core identity of Halo, 343 knows they couldn't implant it without pretty much abandoning majority of Halo's current fanbase. ADS would ruin and change Halo more then Perks, Armor Abilities, or Custom Load-outs did or can. They'd have to completely redesign Halo's map and gameplay, it wouldn't be worth it for the low return they'd receive, as no one would be around to buy it because they finished isolating the Halo fanbase, and the average gamer already abandoned Halo for Call of Duty and Battlefield and won't return.

H5 will have ADS anyway because Master Chief's visor is cracked so he can't link up his hacks.

TAKE THAT CANON

I'm grinning ear to ear from that.

It's a shame the war with Didact forced the creation of the Spartan 3.5s who don't have that luxury...

(oh and I was seeing if anyone wanted to model characters for Livechamber)

Wow I didn't know that was limited to SII's and SIII's, have to save that mass produced budget I suppose.

(I don't have time for another side project mate, sorry. Happy to take a crack at questions here but no time for such a project. I'm in the middle of refurbishing a bunch of house furniture to one dark mahogany finish for all and it eats up all my "spare time" besides family.)

Honestly I'm probably done with Halo if they dont go back to basics and return to a more H:CE, H2, H3 style game. I'm just too old for this shit. I'll miss all you but I'm about ready to leave. I've been fine playing practically no Halo since H4 was released, I'll still be gaming though. Just, only good games.

BigShow36

To me those aren't more fundamental than zooming in vs ADS.

Really? Everyone starting with the same weapons and same perks and same movement options and same grenades is less fundamental than how a weapon zooms in? No bloom on weapons is less fundamental than the zoom? No sprint being in the game is less fundamental? Really?

Those are some strange mental gymnastics going on there.

Honestly I'm probably done with Halo if they dont go back to basics and return to a more H:CE, H2, H3 style game. I'm just too old for this shit. I'll miss all you but I'm about ready to leave. I've been fine playing practically no Halo since H4 was released, I'll still be gaming though. Just, only good games.

That's my mindset on Halo now. Halo 5 is 343's last chance to rekindle the love I had for the Halo Franchise. I'm going to ignore Halo 4 completely (hence why I got rid of it) and am going to give 343 my faith one last time. I'm looking forward to Halo 5 and all the news we'll be getting, and hoping for the best while staying realistic to the fact that I'm probably not getting the traditional Halo I want, so my expectations are also set to be disappointed. Needless to say, If any of the pre-launch news and updates on Halo 5 display that 343 is still stepping forward with their twisted new "Direction" of what they call "Halo", I won't buy Halo 5 at launch and will give up on the franchise. I'm sure Halo 5 will be a fantastic game and many will enjoy it, but it's not the game for me anymore.

I'm honestly a little disappointed that I feel that way about Halo now, Halo used to be one of my biggest reasons for wanting the next generation Xbox, and now my only reason for wanting a Xbox One is Forza. :/

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Really? Everyone starting with the same weapons and same perks and same movement options and same grenades is less fundamental than how a weapon zooms in? No bloom on weapons is less fundamental than the zoom? No sprint being in the game is less fundamental? Really?

Those are some strange mental gymnastics going on there.

I mean, I've played Halo with all of these new settings you've mentioned and it still feels like Halo to me. So, there's my logic.

@Juices & @Speedy

I'm surprised to hear such comments when dedicated servers are just around the corner with Halo Xbox One. I'm curious if they provide playlists, maps & mechanics something like this say 40% Classic, 30% Infinity & 30% New wouldn't you be happy with that?

Looking at Halo 4 or any previous game for that matter the classic default is far and away the most popular, then others such as Infection or Grifball or BTB and finally/equal standing are MLG/AGL type playlists with "whacky" such as Action Sack taking the rear. If they give social vs ranked split and the above percentage breakdown wouldn't you be happy with that?

I mean take say 20 odd maps from the launch and first DLC and you'd initially have 8 maps for Classic stuff, 6 maps for Infinity and 6 maps for New developer stuff. Hasn't the Halo 4 sustain team iterated the matchmaking releases and community involvement for playlists and voting options far better since launch? I think the next title is coming in with a solid wealth of experience to better cater for more of the demographics of Halo, old and new and at launch. No Reach splintering, no massive 343i overarching vision/changes, no missing customs, better forge, maps specific to playlist styles etc.

juices would you be willing to give my game a shot

Also, this whole discussion just reminded me I accidentally bought the Anniversary Map Pack even though I have CEA. I should still have the code somewhere. If I can find it, would anyone be willing to do some stupid little contest for it?

Homeboyd

Also, this whole discussion just reminded me I accidentally bought the Anniversary Map Pack even though I have CEA. I should still have the code somewhere. If I can find it, would anyone be willing to do some stupid little contest for it?
Sell it to halogaf for $20

What's a good way to give it away?

give it to me and ill figure something out. only $10. halogaf exclusive offer

tumblr_m971q3x5Cl1rs73ha.jpg

tumblr_m971ws767b1qboc2u.jpg

tumblr_m971ylXTI31rs73ha.jpg

tumblr_m972b61l7m1qboc2u.jpg

tumblr_m972exf6NH1rs73ha.jpg

Fotos

Quote this if you want a Halo Anniversary Map Pack Code. I will randomly pick a winner at 6:00 PM PST.

Apparently you people would rather get it for free than pay for it. Weird.

If you play my game I'll play yours. ;)

Ghazi

Juices, I and soe friends can program your game if you want. We also have people majoring in 3D modeling/animation at the college I could get to help a little. Ok, You like that? It's a done deal.

Juices, your game will have penises. Long, curved penises in it.

Juices, I and soe friends can program your game if you want. We also have people majoring in 3D modeling/animation at the college I could get to help a little. Ok, You like that? It's a done deal.

Juices, your game will have penises. Long, curved penises in it.

Wait, penises aside are you serious? I need help programming and 3D modeling, they're like the only two things I can't do. I know Ice is on board to program as well.

More than likely it'd be for CryEngine 3.

Ghazi

Wait, penises aside are you serious? I need help programming and 3D modeling, they're like the only two things I can't do. I know Ice is on board to program as well.

More than likely it'd be for CryEngine 3.

I could ask around, I wasn't kidding when I said I have friends in programming, maybe not as much in modeling. Of course they're adults and likely wouldn't care about it, but I can ask them when next semester starts.

edit: Ok, I'm back; yeah bro. I'm not sure how many have experience in CryEngine 3 (Don't you have to purchase a license to use that engine?), but I'll see if anyone has time. I'm not sure if anybody I know has GAF accounts though :(

TCKaos

We're these dominion inventions posted? Bridges, gates, weapon/vehicle drops... Shit's crazy.

Someone who knows what they're doing should make Dominion/Infection now. There's already infection slayer, right? Where there are three teams, and one of them is a single Flood that infects people?

One team is flood, other is humans. The humans have to fend off the flood until they can complete various objectives.

John Wayne

Neo Member
So just played mini slayer. Let's just say if I was on some serious drugs and a guy was leg humping me, it would probably be fun. Any other time is boring. I did manage to go 21-8

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
He runs CC customs.

I'm talking about those interesting gametypes/minigame customs. Haven't played ONE since Halo 4 cameout and I was a big customs guy Halo 2-Reach

I think we all were sadly :/

And who the fuck is Toshi? lol

Also, what do people think about 2 shot+melee for BR now that the dust has settled?

Risen

Also, what do people think about 2 shot+melee for BR now that the dust has settled?

I like it, a lot. I mean the game isn't enough to make me play Halo and only Halo as it once was with the franchise, but the balancing update was a huge step forward. I literally like every change and has made the game more fun for me especially in game types with personal ordnance. You are better able to handle all the random shit you run across while playing.

The two shot melee fits perfectly within the update.

Top Bottom