• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 25| Did you think me defeated?!"

I just got as a gift the AR from Boomco with a Custom Fire Unicorn Skin Paintjob :')

YMqeKal.jpg

Today I received from one of my most loyals subscribers carlosalvarez the Boomco AR but with a custom paintjob of the Fire Unicorn skin

He did all of this by himself and with help of one of his friends, they did it using airbrushing

Everything was repainted I love the quality of the paintjob

He even sent me a letter :D, Translation: Hello ATOMICJORGE good day we send you this present as a way to thank you for your effort and dedication in your work by making content for our entertainment such as: your videos news and live streams, we know it's not easy and that everyday that happens on your channels your community grows which means that your sacrifice and professionalism needs to be bigger

You have proven us that you are a very capable person being an example to follow for many of us that see you today on the internet or even sometimes the ones that are lucky to meet you in person

Keep up your determination on life and never give up even if the situation it's tough take care and see you on your channels and luckily on person

SIGNS: "La Pandilla Atomica" (The Atomic Gang)

I'm very happy and honored to receive this gift from one of my subscribers, he did an amazing :')

darthbob

By the way yesterday Halo Combat Evolved was the #3 most watched game on Twitch during SGDQ 2017 with 162k viewers

8LC8mIP.jpg

Isn't basically any game that is run during a GDQ during peak hours one of the top games?

Not to diminish Halo or anything, but this literally happens every GDQ event. Even now, Super Monkey Ball is the #1 game on twitch lmao

wwm0nkey

Isn't basically any game that is run during a GDQ during peak hours one of the top games?

Not to diminish Halo or anything, but this literally happens every GDQ event. Even now, Super Monkey Ball is the #1 game on twitch lmao

Yeah pretty much, but I guess it still brings attention to whatever series is up there

Madness

Halo news at RTX. I get HW2 will probably get the most love. But hopefully there is something about a patch for H5 for Xbox One X purchasers etc.

Why that hasn't come to XB1 still boggles me. I enjoyed it on iOS, but give me actual physical controls any day.

I literally cannot complete it. The touch controls are unworkable for me. One of these days I'll pick up a cheap iOS controller. (Wish I could just sync my Switch Pro via Bluetooth...)

But yeah, the lack of an Xbox port is weird as hell. It's the only Halo game not on the system, and it has a Windows app, meaning a port should be fairly simple work (it's not Win10, but even Win8 apps are basically just recompile and go, right?). I don't think it sold particularly well, but even then, Xbox means a potential for more sales.

(they also really need to fix Spartan Assault on iOS - it has 5 unobtainable Xbox achievements)

Fuchsdh

Hahahahahaha. Good luck. Even with a full party owning the dlc, it was still a pain in the ass to get them.

Especially since once they consolidated the playlists it made certain ones even harder.

That said, if you've got extra controllers and look for groups on sites like TrueAchievements it might be doable, especially now that others might be going for them.

Especially since once they consolidated the playlists it made certain ones even harder.

That said, if you've got extra controllers and look for groups on sites like TrueAchievements it might be doable, especially now that others might be going for them.

That's how I got the last few Defiant-specific achievements (I got most of the rest legitimately). And yeah, with the DLC being free there will probably be more people hosting/looking for sessions.

Fuchsdh

That's how I got the last few Defiant-specific achievements (I got most of the rest legitimately). And yeah, with the DLC being free there will probably be more people hosting/looking for sessions.

You brave soul.

...Actually, if you wanted to give 343 100% marks for being better than Bungie, I'd have to say their achievements being better is one area there should be no disputing. Some dodgy stuff in H4 but H5, HW, and HW2 have all been solid.

On the flip side I bullshit "boosted" a large chunk of the H3 and H4 multiplayer achievements. :p For H3 I actually did it with a bunch of randoms, which was pretty fun/great haha. (one guy messaged everyone in the match asking if we wanted to try and everyone was down, lol)

But yeah, Halo 5 was a huge step up in the achievement department. Nothing that made you do dumb shit in multiplayer lol.

Fuchsdh

Boosting Halo 3's FFA achievements was actually a lot of fun. We did the "change your language" trick, and ended up meeting the one Thai guy who actually played the game. He was confused why no one else was fighting.

Best part was all my achievements from that session remained in Thai on my Xbox until I had to recover my profile. Was said about that.

raindoc

Or just a LAN party.

:(

2 weeks ago me and my halo buddies gathered for our annual meetup. a whole weekend long only beer, bbq and halo in a cabin in the woods. this year our 4g modems failed... 16 guys sitting together in front of their xboxes, travelling hundreds of miles, taking days off work. only to play halo. but we couldn't, because fuck LAN parties for whatever reason.

Trup1aya

:(

2 weeks ago me and my halo buddies gathered for our annual meetup. a whole weekend long only beer, bbq and halo in a cabin in the woods. this year our 4g modems failed... 16 guys sitting together in front of their xboxes, travelling hundreds of miles, taking days off work. only to play halo. but we couldn't, because fuck LAN parties for whatever reason.

😢 Damn that sucks

raindoc

😢 Damn that sucks

we meet online every second thursday since... i dunno. yesterday was our 320-something halo-night, you do the math. about half of us live near each other and we have a "club-room"... needless to say this wasn't the first time a bunch of us was sitting next to each other without being able to play, but it doesn't get better. this is my #1 priority for halo: bring back lan-customs.

Trup1aya

we meet online every second thursday since... i dunno. yesterday was our 320-something halo-night, you do the math. about half of us live near each other and we have a "club-room"... needless to say this wasn't the first time a bunch of us was sitting next to each other without being able to play, but it doesn't get better. this is my #1 priority for halo: bring back lan-customs.

Thankfully 343i seems to have committed to local MP going forward. Also the BC titles coming out this fall will all have LAN support on xb1.

Juan

In case you would be curious about how Halo 4 achieved a so-beautiful-next-gen look when it released on Xbox 360, Wes Grandmont from 343 gave a really interesting talk during GDC 2014, which has just been uploaded freely through GDC's Youtube Channel, titled: Halo 4: Content Performance Tips & Techniques

He didn't use so much technical terms, so it can be easily understood by anyone interested on 3D tips used in-engine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KpQsT31Yts

Madness

This thread should be utilized more for non-Halo 5 talk than cluttering up the H5 game thread with movie talk etc.

Edit: Great to hear all map packs going free.

This thread should be utilized more for non-Halo 5 talk than cluttering up the H5 game thread with movie talk etc.

True.

We got so used to not having a community thread that now that we have a community thread we keep it in the H5 thread anyway, lol.

On the movie, I don't want Blomkamp but that's got less to do with his style and more to do with him not being very good. District 9 was great, everything since... not so much. A grittier take following some regular ass Marines that only occasionally come into contact with the Chief and other Spartans is probably a really good way to go, honestly. Make it a mil-sci war movie.

Fuchsdh

True.

We got so used to not having a community thread that now that we have a community thread we keep it in the H5 thread anyway, lol.

On the movie, I don't want Blomkamp but that's got less to do with his style and more to do with him not being very good. District 9 was great, everything since... not so much. A grittier take following some regular ass Marines that only occasionally come into contact with the Chief and other Spartans is probably a really good way to go, honestly. Make it a mil-sci war movie.

An overarching problem for not just Halo but a lot of franchises now though is I don't think that kind of movie could get made. Making a Halo film without the Halo is suicide, because no one would front the cash you'd need from the get-go. And at this point Halo's lack of penetration in the east is probably a massive death sentence on any such project as well.

Microsoft is far better off continuing its Forward Unto Dawn and Nightfall style projects where it can have more control and fewer cooks.

Madness

Honestly Microsoft should be more concerned at this point with having a single game that everyone wants to play and keep playing. Not try and then stop one month in. Call of Duty didn't need novels, comics, live action shorts to steal the Halo population.

People want alien style horror games, kid friendly Lego games, Mass Effect style RPG games etc. Let's just get a proper Halo game that isn't polarizing, that Halo fans hardcore and casual alike enjoy and one that is sort of a gaming event rather than an also-ran. Very tough though. TitanFall 2 had the best FPS campaign in a while, a great MP suite and the game was dead within weeks if not on arrival.

Trup1aya

https://www.google.com/amp/www.euro...y-halo-fps-from-now-on-will-have-split-screen

343 boss Bonnie Ross said:
"We've also had a lot of learnings along the way. When we fell down with multiplayer launch of MCC, or when we didn't put split-screen in with Halo 5, it was incredibly painful for the community and for us. It erodes trust with the community, as the community is a part of our world-building.

"A lot of learnings from that. I would say, for any FPS going out will have always have split-screen in going forward."

Well they're bringing LAN support back for all the previous games via BC, and they've said that they will bring back split screen.
I mean, the LAN thing is just a natural part of backwards compatibility implementation on Xbox, not some special thing 343i is specifically bringing back.

E92 M3

Honestly Microsoft should be more concerned at this point with having a single game that everyone wants to play and keep playing. Not try and then stop one month in. Call of Duty didn't need novels, comics, live action shorts to steal the Halo population.

People want alien style horror games, kid friendly Lego games, Mass Effect style RPG games etc. Let's just get a proper Halo game that isn't polarizing, that Halo fans hardcore and casual alike enjoy and one that is sort of a gaming event rather than an also-ran. Very tough though. TitanFall 2 had the best FPS campaign in a while, a great MP suite and the game was dead within weeks if not on arrival.

TF2 was hurt by EA's completely IDIOTIC launch schedule. Game is praised by many.

raindoc

Well they're bringing LAN support back for all the previous games via BC, and they've said that they will bring back split screen.

That's not really what I understand when someone says "Halo MP". And I don't really care about bc in this case. We still have a bunch of 360s and original Xboxes as contingency plan, but we actually enjoy H5 and want to play that - and hopefully H6 in the future.

EDIT:

I'm in tears.

In case folks are interested :)

Canon Fodder #99

Always bruh.

odst_missionart_cf-a585e8ff09eb4367a2c9b5bfa9fa9171.jpg

Ugh that'd make a great movie.

Also, Halo Wars 2: ODST is an interesting direction to take the story, but I'm digging it.

Warfleet so close... gimmegimmegimme.

ed: Hey, Grimm, if you're fielding questions... does what's the timeline on Tip of the Spear vs. Awakening the Nightmare? I get that they're both part of the bigger conflict but, like, chronologically.

Top Bottom