• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

wwm0nkey

before hosting custom games, Id reccomend going into your maps on Forge and adding in the FOV Out filter. Took these at the same position

eA9H47M.jpg

PXQp2A5.jpg

Defect

They won't ban anyone, all we did was click a button on their storefront
I have a feeling they will...
Frankie pls protect us
but I won't play it until official release now.

Anywho... It seems like these were the previous names for the pistols that are currently in the game data. I placed the new guns on the map and saved it then launched it on xbone. Can someone do the same with Mercy?

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Hacked/screenshot/4751652

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Hacked/screenshot/4751655

Defect

I'll have to test it with my default aim settings. Will try tomorrow and see if I notice a difference.

Feels the same to me. I play at 7 horizontal, 7 vertical, 2 aim acceleration, deadzones at 0.
I play 5 sens 5 accel with both deadzones at 0. I even hopped onto Xbone to compare and it felt faster horizontally there. I dunno.

Anyway, god damn I didn't know they added music to forge! Fucking awesome.

Watching vetoed testing it out, sniping is fucking OP with kbam... It'll be a super weapon now, team with sniper control will clean up I think.

Is aim assist still a thing? Cause kbam with aim assist is just.... damn.

I think I joined the stream as they were finishing testing aim assist, kingnick (?) was sniping next to vetoed's head.
I mean there's bullet magnetism and aim assist where it pulls your cross-heir towards enemies, i'm sure there will be vids on this up on youtube soon.

my thing is you can pick up a controller mid game and start playing, would the game detect this and add the appropriate assists?
as it is snipers would dominate in a game where everyone is using kbam by the looks of it.

I think I joined the stream as they were finishing testing aim assist, kingnick (?) was sniping next to vetoed's head.
I mean there's bullet magnetism and aim assist where it pulls your cross-heir towards enemies, i'm sure there will be vids on this up on youtube soon.

my thing is you can pick up a controller mid game and start playing, would the game detect this and add the appropriate assists?
as it is snipers would dominate in a game where everyone is using kbam by the looks of it.

Very interesting...

Man, this is great. Is the dynamic resolution still in place? Resolution is listed in options as "maximum possible resolution", so I'm going to guess that's a yes. I'm not terribly worried with my GTX 970, but I was curious to know either way.

It's funny that Halo 5 is the PC game where I'm not dropping frames, I'm dropping resolution. I wish more games would offer that; I'd much rather trade visual quality to maintain responsive controls than I would a lower framerate. A variable 900-1080p resolution isn't a bad tradeoff for 60FPS.

Just messed around a bit on PC. Everything at max. Runs like butter, shit loads fast, content browser works better than I even predicted.

Just...damn.

Man, this is great. Is the dynamic resolution still in place? Resolution is listed in options as "maximum possible resolution", so I'm going to guess that's a yes. I'm not terribly worried with my GTX 970, but I was curious to know either way.

It's funny that Halo 5 is the PC game where I'm not dropping frames, I'm dropping resolution. I wish more games would offer that; I'd much rather trade visual quality to maintain responsive controls than I would a lower framerate. A variable 900-1080p resolution isn't a bad tradeoff for 60FPS.

Forza 6 Apex already bring dynamic resolution to PC and I think it is a safe bet that all future MS 1st part PC releases will as well.

Moa

So you can spawn the new REQs on Forge for PC and load the map up on console and they work, minus a few incorrect weapon pickup names.

Forza 6 Apex already bring dynamic resolution to PC and I think it is a safe bet that all future MS 1st part PC releases will as well.

When I played the Gears 4 campaign demo at PAX on PC, I flipped through the options to see what was going on behind the scenes. It's there as well. It's pretty modular too; you can set the range for how significantly (or insignificantly) the resolution can drop to maintain your target framerate.

That port also has a temporal anti-aliasing sharpening filter, which I absolutely love. I hate having to force sharpening through external programs for Fallout 4 and Rainbow 6. TAA is a fantastic AA solution, but it blurs the shit out of everything, and forcing sharpening as a post-process means the HUD gets sharpened, too, which doesn't always look so hot.

Elros

So I cant download Halo 5: Forge on my computer right now.

I suspect that it's because the Windows Store is saying that I don't have DirectX 12. But my Win10 is up to date, I have installed the Anniversary update when it went live, and when I run dxdiag.exe, the version of DirectX is "DirectX 12".

Any idea of what could cause that windows store issue ? I really don't know where to ask, except here ...

So I cant download Halo 5: Forge on my computer right now.

I suspect that it's because the Windows Store is saying that I don't have DirectX 12. But my Win10 is up to date, I have installed the Anniversary update when it went live, and when I run dxdiag.exe, the version of DirectX is "DirectX 12".

Any idea of what could cause that windows store issue ? I really don't know where to ask, except here ...

looks like it was up by mistake, we'll have to wait a day or two for it to release.

I can't get it either.

Akai__

So... um... The REQ weapons are already in Halo 5. I'm running arround on a WyvernZu map with the new Pistols and the Hunter Canons. People also already have maps available with some REQ variants that are supposed to come with this patch...

I have this strange feeling that they were added with the last patch and 343i was withholding them from us. That's not nice.

So... um... The REQ weapons are already in Halo 5. I'm running arround on a WyvernZu map with the new Pistols and the Hunter Canons. People also already have maps available with some REQ variants that are supposed to come with this patch...

I have this strange feeling that they were added with the last patch and 343i was withholding them from us. That's not nice.

This is not new. Remember The Spartan's Armory REQ pack which had the Spartan team themed skins? Those were available in game before the patch they were supposed to be in the game. Although someone (I think it's Josh?) said that REQs are pulled from the server, which does not necessarily require a client update.

Ade

Has anyone fooled around with LFG yet? That and clubs if executed well should really help games maintain their communities.

It looks solid, but is nigh usless right now as its a tiny percent of the preview who has access.

Eg HaloGaf is still just me, even Stinkles ignores my invites!

Akai__

This is not new. Remember The Spartan's Armory REQ pack which had the Spartan team themed skins? Those were available in game before the patch they were supposed to be in the game. Although someone (I think it's Josh?) said that REQs are pulled from the server, which does not necessarily require a client update.

I remember that, but it seems weird to me. The fact that the REQ's go live several hours later makes it even more weird. If they are available in Customs already, they must be in some files already. The game has to load assets after all.

You are already Banned

UnconsciousNegligibleBordercollie.gif

Top Bottom