• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Forge for PC coming September 8th, additional Halo updates detailed

Akronis

Custom matches only? No matchmaking?

Microsoft really does care about PC!

Just correcting misinformation, I'm completely neutral on matchmaking. I never intended for this to be an online thing for me. Just something to boot up at LAN parties and have a blast with friends.

Really excited for forge group objects. Moving maps is going to be addicting for the first few days, assuming it doesn't crash the whole game.

New Arena map is a Haven remake by the way:

Cqo1-qwUEAABS-U.jpg

Edit: beaten.

The only thing Haven really had going for it was its gorgeous Forerunner art. This game's campaign not only has a great forerunner setting found on Genesis, but also a beautifully crafted palette on Sanghelios.

So I'm confused as to why they forewent two solid art styles for whatever overdetailed mess this is. The color palette is fine but wtf is that geo? It looks like a dildo factory.

I mean, yes, this is partly them gearing up for a full Halo on PC initiative, but PC Forge client has been on the (xbox-based) Forge community's wishlist since forever. Not everything is about the PC community, y'all.

Really excited for forge group objects. Moving maps is going to be addicting for the first few days, assuming it doesn't crash the whole game.

The only thing Haven really had going for it was its gorgeous Forerunner art. This game's campaign not only has a great forerunner setting found on Genesis, but also a beautifully crafted palette on Sanghelios.

So I'm confused as to why they forewent two solid art styles for whatever overdetailed mess this is. The color palette is fine but wtf is that geo? It looks like a dildo factory.

Looks like Tsunaion but less purple.

Because that costs a lot of money. You can't just magically press a button to port it to PC.

well they are making halo 5 multiplayer work on pc so how hard would be to port the rest of the game.. Besides nobody is asking for the game for free, the port would obviously generate them money.

WadeitOut

Huh? Haven was a total generic bomb when it comes to art style and detail. People played it for the design and how well it worked with the pace of H4 having sprint.

Head.spawn

Seems I´m one of those weirdos who likes the campaign/story from Halo. xD

Seemed like you were one of those guys really worried about not being able to play the maps a minute ago, lol.

You can totally play the campaign and story on Xbox. Maybe Halo 6 will change that by dropping on PC as well.

Huh? Haven was a total generic bomb when it comes to art style and detail. People played it for the design and how well it worked with the pace of H4 having sprint.

Well nobody is going to play a map for its art, but the design was far less interesting than its setting. Nevertheless, it was the only serviceable 4v4 map to come from that game so it was only a matter of time before it was remade. Hopefully they've fixed the streets in this remix.

Oh fuck yeah, Haven!

Do we know if the PC version will be rebalanced to account for MKB precision? Sniper, for instance, would probably need to be toned down.

No bullet magnetism or aim assist goes a long way. The snipers just need to spawn with less ammo on PC in order to make it less dominating.

Edit; Also, I can't freaking wait to play Halo 5's multiplayer on PC. Gonna load up a crap ton of classic BTB remakes, hop onto an inevitable LFG site set up for Halo 5 PC custom games, and play some freaking amazing BTB. Hyped.

jem0208

I am not so sure. Compared to other games on the market, Halo's Sniper Rifle has always been a little underpowered. CSGO AWP is a OSK on torso. Most of CoDs sniper rifles are the same.

I would imagine the gameplay speed would get upped a little but Halo's TTK should mean even with a Mouse and keyboard weapons wont feel overpowered.
The difference is that the halo sniper is perfectly accurate and the movement speed is fairly low. Basically if you have a half decent shot you’re basically guaranteed 8 to 12 kills with the thing on pc.

You are literally the only person I’ve seen who dislikes how Mercy looks. Even Beyond thinks it looks amazing.

The difference is that the halo sniper is perfectly accurate and the movement speed is fairly low. Basically if you have a half decent shot you’re basically guaranteed 8 to 12 kills with the thing on pc.

You are literally the only person I’ve seen who dislikes how Mercy looks. Even Beyond thinks it looks amazing.

It's not another generic UNSC factory so I'm not complaining. Haven is still a more interesting design then most of the other maps in Halo 5 so I'm glad they brought it back.

Jawmuncher

Not this bullshit again.

Forge on PC has been requested for almost a decade. It's being made for the forgers.

Not to mention it includes free custom games.

Free custom games is nice, but let's be real here. That isn't gonna get much use from the majority. I wonder if this will have achievements though.

Miker

I'm so ready. I sold my Xbone, but I loved Halo 5 to death. I'm looking forward to playing w/ everybody on PC. Guessing we'll have a gaf discord to get games going.

Free custom games is nice, but let's be real here. That isn't gonna get much use from the majority. I wonder if this will have achievements though.

It was made for forge users to simplify things for them. Its not game, its a tool that they went out of their way to make, give for free and people still complain. jesus Christ.

I don't think people are misunderstanding the announcement, they're just expressing interest in having more of Halo on PC.

I know we'll probably have to wait until Halo 6 for the full package, but it would be nice for them to bring Halo 5's campaign to PC before then somehow so 360 owners who never got an Xbox One can catch up.

Jawmuncher

It was made for forge users to simplify things for them. Its not game, its a tool that they went out of their way to make, give for free and people still complain. jesus Christ.

I mean I get that and wasn't complaining. Was just stating the reality of the fact. Thus why I said it was a nice feature to have.

Cranster

Banned
PC Gamers are an entitled bunch with a superiority complex. The shit posts are not unexpected.

it's pretty crazy how much free content they've added to this game, quality aside. Not that this completely makes up for the state that MCC launched in, but hopefully it has generated some good will and set the groundwork for future sustain models. If nothing else, Halo 5 is a ridiculous value right now.

Ryde3

This is exciting, with GAF it should be no issue creating custom games either. I'm hype! Once Halo is on PC, there's no reason to own an XBone guys!

Trey

it's pretty crazy how much free content they've added to this game, quality aside. Not that this completely makes up for the state that MCC launched in, but hopefully it has generated some good will and set the groundwork for future sustain models. If nothing else, Halo 5 is a ridiculous value right now.

Halo 5 is low key one of the best Halo games at this point.

Great stuff, I can't wait! I've been checking weekly for more news about this.

Halo is finally returning to PC which is great, even if it is limited we can still play custom matches which is superb!

Akronis

well they are making halo 5 multiplayer work on pc so how hard would be to port the rest of the game.. Besides nobody is asking for the game for free, the port would obviously generate them money.

There is a huge risk associated with ports like this and it's a LOT of man hours that might better align with developing the next title in the series.

Schryver

Would be sweet if you could somehow restrict your matches to controller-only in the custom game options but I'm guessing that's not very realistic. Can't wait to try it out with a couple of my friends. Unfortunately I will be on vacation when it drops!

Uhh, this looks stunning to me.

Cqo1-qwUEAABS-U.jpg

Super excited for this. Looks great, hope it plays great.

+

Gameplay of Haven remake and new Assault map:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoImnyknqSw

Holy fuck.

Now this is what I expected Halo 5 to look like. Stunning visuals, and fantastic art design. Plus, knowing this is a Haven remake has me incredibly excited.. that map was a blast, and its style of arena gameplay is sorely missing from Halo 5.

I'm really shocked by how good Mercury looks.. damn. I wish other maps (and parts of the SP) got that much love and polish.

link1201

I hope they keep the model going forward, actually playing the added maps is so nice.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
It's a pity theres no bots you could have in the custom games, that would be a cool option. Then again I don't think any Halo game has ever had bots have they ?

Top Bottom