• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Assault Rifle/Tactical Magnum starts pls
I'd be ok with this
Same, and I think it would be a good idea because the Smart Scope for the default Magnum is a tad too limiting in my opinion. I'll have a better idea once I try it out myself, but it might be worth considering, although it probably won't ever happen because you don't appear on radar when shooting (if you're standing still of course).

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I definitely want to join the GAF Club when it goes live for everyone. I should request to join the company some time too. Would have to abandon my brothers SC though.

DUZT0Pv.jpg

So far, good night

wwm0nkey

So that does seem to be the full version of Forge but I can't get into it because the Halo app isn't connecting to the servers :c

Fuchsdh

Stuck on "Starting Download." Grr.

EDIT: Also nice to see Microsoft has nice font smoothing in the OS. Welcome to 2001.

EDIT 2: Jesus now it's trying to install Farmville 2 instead.

I love forging, but I'm still afraid of the whole vain process of it all. People may not like my maps and then it will all be a waste. I agree with Sik that it's relaxing, but I could spend my time doing more fun/productive things than making a map that only I care about. Not only that, but I wonder if the PC community will thrive or not. I really hope it does.

I love forging, but I'm still afraid of the whole vain process of it all. People may not like my maps and then it will all be a waste. I agree with Sik that it's relaxing, but I could spend my time doing more fun/productive things than making a map that only I care about. Not only that, but I wonder if the PC community will thrive or not. I really hope it does.

Depends on if you want to hear constructive criticism or have people shit on it. Cause the former is more likely than the latter.

belushy

Banned
HCS Fall Season rules are out. http://bit.ly/hcsfall2016rules

Assault was not added and neither were Riptide or Overgrowth. Mercy has not been added either but that's not that surprising since pros haven't played on it yet. Not sure if it could be added in during the season.

Damn sucks they couldn't fit Tyrant in there somewhere. Something new to break up the gametypes.... Not surprised Assault didn't make it in and I always thought RIptide and Overgrowth was never gonna make it in.

Depends on if you want to hear constructive criticism or have people shit on it. Cause the former is more likely than the latter.

For sure. I don't mind constructive criticism. I love designing things and learning how things tick. I just know how much time great maps require and the fact that it might not even be appreciated or played on much is just disheartening. Seems like a lot of work with little reward potential. I lurk in the forge thread and they make really cool stuff, but I really wonder how often their work is appreciated and utilized.

Fuchsdh

I don't wanna be that Mac snob but good god why is troubleshooting such an arcane cluster? Run terminal commands to clean caches, run a troubleshooting utility to try and repair permissions, run another utility when the troubleshooting utility fails to fix a problem...

Whatever dozen steps I tried seems to have done the trick, so at 1.5GB of 35.7GB now. Hopefully in the morning I'll be Forging.

I think my MMR finally got low enough. I'm actually playing Plats and Diamonds almost every game now. If there are Onyxes they are like 1500s or 1600s. I'm not hating every game now.

Top Bottom