• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

I, for one, am more interested in hearing this Hillary Clinton Uraniun deal as well as her acid washed email servers.

This Russia stuff is just grasping as straws and FAKE NEWS.

The thing to watch for is actually McConnell's vote. If the MTP fails, McConnell could switch to a No vote in order to bring it up again at a future date. If he keeps it Yes, that's a sign that he's not interested in pursuing healthcare anymore.

I just got giddy at the thought that Ted Cruz could've sailed to reelection if he'd maintained his Never Trump status.

Him and Chaffetz are the most disgusting of everyone to me in this. Chaffetz said that "he could never look his wife and daughers in the face" if he supported Trump, then he gave Donny a full reach around every step of the way. Trump called Cruz's wife ugly and said his dad helped kill JFK and now plays interference for him during Senate hearings along with bringing them all to have dinner with him. Makes me fucking sick how low you can go for so little.

barber

Him and Chaffetz are the most disgusting of everyone to me in this. Chaffetz said that "he could never look his wife and daughers in the face" if he supported Trump, then he gave Donny a full reach around every step of the way. Trump called Cruz's wife ugly and said his dad helped kill JFK and now plays interference for him during Senate hearings along with bringing them all to have dinner with him. Makes me fucking sick how low you can go for so little.
I mean the Cruz stuff is so stupid, he went to the convention and said an anti-trump speach and now he kisses his ass. The anti-trump will hate him cause he sold himself even after all Trump insulted him and the pro-trump will just remember that he didn't kiss the ring. It is a lose-lose situation that is only even worse cause he is Cruz and everyone hates him.

Ogodei

The thing to watch for is actually McConnell's vote. If the MTP fails, McConnell could switch to a No vote in order to bring it up again at a future date. If he keeps it Yes, that's a sign that he's not interested in pursuing healthcare anymore.

Why is it important that he switch his vote? Majority Leader's personal vote has different weight on procedure?

I mean the Cruz stuff is so stupid, he went to the convention and said an anti-trump speach and now he kisses his ass. The anti-trump will hate him cause he sold himself even after all Trump insulted him and the pro-trump will just remember that he didn't kiss the ring. It is a lose-lose situation that is only even worse cause he is Cruz and everyone hates him.

And he'll be facing Charismatic Generically Handsome White Man Who Speaks Spanish Beto O'Rourke.

Cruz is a charisma vacuum except to a small subset of people who give money to televangelists.

I'm starting to warm up to A Better Deal. It's short, makes fun of Trump, describes the inadequacy of the Republican Party, gives a nod to FDR, fits on a bumper sticker and hashtag.

Why is it important that he switch his vote? Majority Leader's personal vote has different weight on procedure?
Yeah I can't find an actual source on this but the Majority Leader has to vote No on something in order to bring it up again.

Reid would do this all the time if something couldn't beat a filibuster and people accused him of being a DINO for opposing gun control and the DREAM Act.

If "meanER" shows the extent of his messaging abilities, I can't say I have much enthusiasm about his being Majority Leader.
For sure, I'm just giving him the benefit of the doubt here. Maybe he'll do really well as Majority Leader.

Still think it should have gone to Durbin.

https://twitter.com/monmouthpoll/status/889531443419938816

VA Gov

Monmouth, LV

Gillespie: 44
Northam: 44

Shit.
It's early but Northam can't take this for granted. Iirc he blew off campaigning in 2013 because he was up against a nutjob and I feared this might happen again.

If Northam fucks this up, I will be so pissed.

He has all the national mood going for him. If he can't pull this off, then he's fucking terrible.

The sample size isn't awesome (502), but it's still above 400 and this is really concerning for Northam. Step it up.

Perriello would've won.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Trump-approval-by-state-e1500901547336.png

This is kind of a mess poll because many of these states haven't been polled in months. Michigan's last poll was at the end of May.

Trouble

Banned
Jared pushed the idea that investigating Russia is an insult to people who voted for Trump. I expect a lot more of that in the near future.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
Watching Kusher for a couple minutes has made it clear why he doesn't do on-camera stuff.

This is kind of a mess poll because many of these states haven't been polled in months. Michigan's last poll was at the end of May.

It's taking all of their daily surveys and turning it into a poll.

It's a bit of a mess because a lot of those states don't meet the required number of people for a sample (n=400), and it's an average overtime from when Trump's approval was a lot higher.

Is this what it would be if it were held today? Doubtful. I'm also always wary of this poll-of-states using national poll numbers, but that's me.

Either way, it's an interesting snapshot and shows the issues that Trump finds himself in.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
It's taking all of their daily surveys and turning it into a poll.

It's a bit of a mess because a lot of those states don't meet the required number of people for a sample (n=400), and it's an average overtime from when Trump's approval was a lot higher.

Is this what it would be if it were held today? Doubtful. I'm also always wary of this poll-of-states using national poll numbers, but that's me.

Either way, it's an interesting snapshot and shows the issues that Trump finds himself in.

Oh, it averages the polls all the way back to January? Why? What is even the point?

Senate Democrats are rolling their 2018 manifesto and cable is covering commentary of Kushner's statement.

It's a perfect microcosm.
"Clinton's problem is she can't articulate what she's for. She's giving a speech in Phoenix right now about what she's for, but Trump is hocking steaks and we need to show that instead"

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
You know the movie BIG? Kushner feels like if that kid's wish turned him into a corrupt politician instead of into Tom Hanks.

jmood88

And he even had a personal excuse to never support Trump that I'm sure even Trump fans would've accepted. It makes no sense.

Here's an amusing video (from more than a year ago, so unrelated) on how much of a pain in the ass it would actually be to "acid wash" a HDD, particularly the platter to assure a data wipe. There are probably a hundred easier and cheaper ways.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0bcNm1gfpU

It's so stupid. They used a piece of software called Bleach Bit to clear hard drives, a very standard infosec procedure. This has somehow turned into Hillary cackling while she pours acid down her email server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom