• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch all Ds flip at the last instant and vote to proceed so they can open Pandora's Box of amendments Republicans would end up having to vote on.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
Is it just me or have people stopped reporting what Rush is saying these days? Haven't heard his name in a long time.

You clearly don't watch Jeffry Lord when he pops up on CNN way too often.

Ogodei

Motion to Proceed is usually indicative of the final vote, and "debate" is very short, like a day. If the vote tomorrow goes poorly, it could be back to the House by Thursday morning and on Trump's desk by the end of the day.

Assuming the Freedom Caucus is willing to vote for literally anything to put an end to this (given parliamentarian ruling on abortion provisions).

The problem being that nobody knows what "it" even is.

The fact that they're trying it without McCain around shows that McConnell's desperate, though. He could wait for AZ governor to install a sacrificial lamb, someone who'll retire before the special election, and thus could vote consequence-free.

Wow.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2017/07/24/does-the-opening-predict-a-wave/

gs_20170721_6m-house-challengers_2003-20172.png

DFhd3lNXkAEkzvi.jpg:large

JettDash

The fact that they're trying it without McCain around shows that McConnell's desperate, though. He could wait for AZ governor to install a sacrificial lamb, someone who'll retire before the special election, and thus could vote consequence-free.

That can't happen until McCain resigns his seat or dies. Who knows when that will be.

Jeels

Anyways, what's interesting to me is that according to that Gallup poll, Trump is under water in every state that Obama won in 2008 + Texas, Arizona, and Georgia. Since a lot of states move together, this makes sense to me.

What I'd be worried about if I were Trump is that Obama won those states only after a huge financial meltdown and economic downturn. Nothing has really happened thus far on that level. Everything's been self-inflicted.

Interesting that it's Texas, Arizona, and Georgia, considering those are the states Hillary went over to expand the map in 2016.

It's too bad not only the expansion didn't happen but the blue wall fell apart by just a few thousand votes per state. :(

Holmes

Interesting that it's Texas, Arizona, and Georgia, considering those are the states Hillary went over to expand the map in 2016.

It's too bad not only the expansion didn't happen but the blue wall fell apart by just a few thousand votes per state. :(
Clinton and 2016 probably layed the groundwork for Democratic insurgence in GA/AZ/TX and a Trump presidency is accelerating the trend.

Think how Obama did the same for Republicans in WV, KY, MO.

Ogodei

I said in the main thread for the current press event that this is probably Scaramucci's work, more of that disgusting kind of theater he tried to pull back during the campaign.

lush

So the guy just read the normal Trump tweet ad-libs in speech form? Worthless. I don't see any way the remaining no's don't flip after that presidential grandstanding.

The guy is a broken record, so boring atp.

They do, and with McCain gone, they can only afford to lose one more. Collins and Murkowski kill it.

It would be 2, no? They have 52. With McCain out, we're down to 51. Collins is just about 100% a no on the MTP. Which would leave them at 50.

EDIT: If Murkowski is a no, then yeah. The MTP is dead as is the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom