• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 Story Spoilers and Speculations

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Dopey (literally) what part of SPOILERS in the title do you not get?

What part of speculation of the title did you not get? What, just because spoiler tags are oh so difficult to enter that people who legitimately want to use this thread as an outlet to speak out their thoughts and possibilities of the story suddenly can't because some asshole decided to steal a game from some part of the logistics chain? Just because people decide to ruin the experience for themselves shouldn't mean ruining the experience for everyone else

You think this thread exists because the game leaked? (Hint: no)

So, I feel guilty for admitting this but I actually watched the walkthrough from beginning to end. Lost a lot of sleep doing so.

For those with good Halo lore and for those who caught the whole thing
specifically, the scene with the Librarian
one question burns in my head although I might not have heard it correctly.

From what I recall (again, if I also heard correctly) it sounded like the Librarian mentioned that humanity has been conditioned for thousands of years for some great purpose which lies ahead. I'm assuming this could be some mysterious foe we have yet to hear about and the Didact is just a temporary roadblock? Or maybe even the Didact made these Prometheans from humans to fight an evil greater evil than say, the Flood?

I do kind of hope this is the case. I don't think it would be that exciting to base this entire trilogy around defeating
the Didact.

Anyways, my impressions. The game seems fantastic! The whole thing is like a great set piece, the graphics especially the facial features and animation are amazing, the acting is really good and everything looks polished to a finish. If this doesn't at the very least win some technical awards, gaming be damned!

Deadly

So, I feel guilty for admitting this but I actually watched the walkthrough from beginning to end. Lost a lot of sleep doing so.

For those with good Halo lore and for those who caught the whole thing
specifically, the scene with the Librarian
one question burns in my head although I might not have heard it correctly.

From what I recall (again, if I also heard correctly) it sounded like the Librarian mentioned that humanity has been conditioned for thousands of years for some great purpose which lies ahead. I'm assuming this could be some mysterious foe we have yet to hear about and the Didact is just a temporary roadblock? Or maybe even the Didact made these Prometheans from humans to fight an evil greater evil than say, the Flood?

I do kind of hope this is the case. I don't think it would be that exciting to base this entire trilogy around defeating
the Didact.

Anyways, my impressions. The game seems fantastic! The whole thing is like a great set piece, the graphics especially the facial features and animation are amazing, the acting is really good and everything looks polished to a finish. If this doesn't at the very least win some technical awards, gaming be damned!
Maybe it's "Reclamation" from what the legendary epilogue says. But it also says how he's trying to "save us from this fate where we were forced to recede" which would, based on past information, be the Flood. He also indicates how we refuse to eradicate them. More flood incoming?

She'll be back.

I still dont know why we are spoiler tagging stuff. If someone or a mod put unmarked into the thread title would make it more easier.

Calling it now we will find fragments of cortana in spartans ops missions to rebuild her. She was already talking about recompiling here code. And in the 90 min of the ending i saw there were so many places you had to insert her into some data port she probably left some data fragments behind.

Maybe it's "Reclamation" from what the legendary epilogue says. But it also says how he's trying to "save us from this fate where we were forced to recede" which would, based on past information, be the Flood. He also indicates how we refuse to eradicate them. More flood incoming?

I thought he was talking about humans and why it was a mistake not to eradicate them. Also why do i have a feeling the flood we fought in halo 1,3 and 3 are only like stage 0.5 or so we will see the true power of the flood in Halo 5

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
What part of speculation of the title did you not get? What, just because spoiler tags are oh so difficult to enter that people who legitimately want to use this thread as an outlet to speak out their thoughts and possibilities of the story suddenly can't because some asshole decided to steal a game from some part of the logistics chain? Just because people decide to ruin the experience for themselves shouldn't mean ruining the experience for everyone else

You think this thread exists because the game leaked? (Hint: no)

This, it should still be spoiler tagged, unless you guys want two threads, one for speculation and one for looking at and discussing the leak.

I'm not too well versed on Halo lore so what would
Reclamation
even refer to?

Reclamation
even refer to?

Reclaim the task of fighting the flood and protect the galaxy?
He mad we released the flood back unto the galaxy.

Reclamation is the process of reclaiming something from loss or from a less useful condition. It is generally used of water reclamation, which, a century ago meant damming streams (thus the US Bureau of Reclamation owning dams), and now has come to be used to describe wastewater reclamation

Reclaim the task of fighting the flood and protect the galaxy?
He mad we released the flood back unto the galaxy.
Wasn't there a lot of hate for the Flood by players? You think they would re-introduce them?

Another question: Since the 360's lifespan is slowly coming to an end possibly, is Halo 5 and 6 coming to the next-gen Xbox?

Deadly

Reclamation
even refer to?
Who knows :lol

I thought he was talking about humans and why it was a mistake not to eradicate them. Also why do i have a feeling the flood we fought in halo 1,3 and 3 are only like stage 0.5 or so we will see the true power of the flood in Halo 5
Ah you're right my bad.

No, she's not actually.
She cloned herself, took out their brain, implanted her personality. One of them was transferred to an AI matrix who became Cortana. How is it not her?

There could be some foreshadowing in how she states, for specimen H2-3-4, she has "other future plans for them as technology evolves"

Who knows :lol

Ah you're right my bad.

She cloned herself, took out their brain, implanted her personality. One of them was transferred to an AI matrix who became Cortana. How is it not her?

There could be some foreshadowing in how she states, for specimen H2-3-4, she has "other future plans for them as technology evolves"

Just like memories can make a different person.
Kinda like people who come out of a coma and dont remember things before the coma are different persons. Its is a persons memories that defines who they are. In the Ai case the data and subroutines they have created or collected over the years.

So...I take it that
Cortana will be upgraded somehow by Forerunner technology

That's pretty much the only plausible way
She doesn't die

delta25

Banned
Don't flame me too much but...visually this looks good. But a far cry from the OMG BEST GRAPHIX EVER that people have been swearing.

It could be the feed but I doubt it'd make a huge difference.

However some of the cutscenes look amazing though.

You my friend are part of a very small minority, the game stands amongst the very best across all game platforms.

She is based off Halsey's brain, yes,but she is her own "person" and she has her own personality.

sp3000

Not happy about the QTE events. What was 343 thinking including them in a Halo game. Trying that desperately to copy COD.

Waaghals

There are at least two in the first level alone, and that's not counting the gimmicky scripted crawling sequence mixed with additional QTE-like bits.

FAKK!

I can live with the whole climbing thing, but this is bad news.
other than that the game looks great.

Got a link to the walkthrough?
It was the live feed that was posted last night in this thread and it's no longer available.

I'm not going to spoil exactly what happens except to say
the QTE I remembered was at the end and only required the tap of one button.

BlazinAm

Remember that this is the series where the "last boss" in Halo 3 is one where you had to kill yourself in order for it to be a challenge.

Ken

It was the live feed that was posted last night in this thread and it's no longer available.

I'm not going to spoil exactly what happens except to say
the QTE I remembered was at the end and only required the tap of one button.

So it sounds like they have yet to recapture the magic of Halo CE's final level.

The final boss is
a QTE.

Fucking really? I thought 343 had some ex-Retro guys on the team. Knew it prolly wasn't going to happen but at that part I'd really like to see a big ass life bar fill up and text phasing in above that reads "THE DIDACT". FPS bosses *can* be done right. Hopefully it's still fun in some capacity.

JimiNutz

Banned
Black bars everywhere!!!
Must...resist....

For those that have spoiled themselves, are you satisfied with what you've seen?
Obviously the graphics look amazing, but do the levels look fun to play? Does the story seem epic? How do you think it will stack up to past Halo games? (based on what you've seen).

Black bars everywhere!!!
Must...resist....

For those that have spoiled themselves, are you satisfied with what you've seen?
Obviously the graphics look amazing, but do the levels look fun to play? Does the story seem epic? How do you think it will stack up to past Halo games? (based on what you've seen).
Having watched the whole walkthrough since the middle of the first chapter, I can say I'm very impressed. Everything is HUGE, epic set pieces are amazing and are pretty much present at every moment of the game, graphics are nothing short of beautiful, cutscenes look spectacular and the acting is even very good for a video game and it still looks and seems to play like a Halo game. Like I said before, this game should at the very least have nominations for technical achievements. Cliched to say this, but it's pretty much the "Avatar" of 360 games.

aj1467

I'm impressed also. Watching these videos has made me even more excited for the game. Something I didn't think possible. Can't wait to see how this story line pans out over the next decade.

I have consumed a lot of wine so I think this is the best state to be in to see all these spoilers. God damn, it really does look good. I'm hoping there's some good vehicle action levels. My favourite Halo levels are the ones with a nice mix of Warthog and on foot action in a nice location.

Black bars everywhere!!!
Must...resist....

I like you. You are a good poster.

EDIT: The bolded bit. It seems fairly epic. It's not a galaxy spanning epic like Halo 2 or Halo 3, it seems more like Halo in terms of scale, but the stakes are far, far higher.

JimiNutz

Banned
Thanks for the info!
I'm finding myself highlighting the first word of the spoilers and then changing my mind at the last second.

Def time to bail out!

UrbanGrafix

Neo Member
I've watched all of the walk through and campaign bar some of the first few missions which is a shame. No one streaming any more :(

What I really want to find is all of the cutscenes so that I can dl them. And man I want someone to stream the terminals lol

(i've not LE ordered and I just want halo info now now now xD)

Thanks for the info!
I'm finding myself highlighting the first word of the spoilers and then changing my mind at the last second.

Def time to bail out!

You are a stronger man than I. I'd avoid the spoilers, it seems like your natural inclination, but I don't think you'll be disappointed.

If you've given the Greg Bear books a spin you're going to enjoy this.

gillFTR

I've watched all of the walk through and campaign bar some of the first few missions which is a shame. No one streaming any more :(

What I really want to find is all of the cutscenes so that I can dl them. And man I want someone to stream the terminals lol

(i've not LE ordered and I just want halo info now now now xD)

It seems like the streamers come out at night, when its safe.

UrbanGrafix

Neo Member
You are a stronger man than I. I'd avoid the spoilers, it seems like your natural inclination, but I don't think you'll be disappointed.

If you've given the Greg Bear books a spin you're going to enjoy this.

I can't stand spoilers. I cant read it, I need to see it or its ruined so the walkthroughs are great.

But man with whats told in Halo 4
about the Didact truly being opposed to Humanity and the Liberians attempts to stop him, it really makes me want the final book from Bear now.

I can't stand spoilers. I cant read it, I need to see it or its ruined so the walkthroughs are great.

But man with whats told in Halo 4
about the Didact truly being opposed to Humanity and the Liberians attempts to stop him, it really makes me want the final book from Bear now.

That seems to be the road they're going down. It's pretty exciting. I really want the last Bear book too, I think we're going to learn a lot about the Precursors in it. I've got a feeling they're going to be the true antagonists in these new Halo games

UrbanGrafix

Neo Member
That seems to be the road they're going down. It's pretty exciting. I really want the last Bear book too, I think we're going to learn a lot about the Precursors in it. I've got a feeling they're going to be the true antagonists in these new Halo games

TBH I thought everyone was wrong in regards to the didact being the enemy, but something big must have occurred in the final bear book to prompt this.

My thoughts no could be that either some other forerunners try to help humanity and stop the diadct or the forerunners all go vs humanity and in that case, I think that the precursors will show up at some point which would make things interesting.

Or, it becomes didact vs didact etc and I found it interesting to note that Chakas mustn't have taken over the infinity after all since there is no mention of him in H4

But yea, I definitely wasn't expecting that storyline from Halo 4

Top Bottom