• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 Story Spoilers and Speculations

TBH I thought everyone was wrong in regards to the didact being the enemy, but something big must have occurred in the final bear book to prompt this.

My thoughts no could be that either some other forerunners try to help humanity and stop the diadct or the forerunners all go vs humanity and in that case, I think that the precursors will show up at some point which would make things interesting.

Or, it becomes didact vs didact etc and I found it interesting to note that Chakas mustn't have taken over the infinity after all since there is no mention of him in H4

But yea, I definitely wasn't expecting that storyline from Halo 4

I'm not sure how much you've had spoiled but in regards to intentions/motives
it seems the Didact believes the Forerunners are the true inheritors of the mantle. There's a bit of a 'greater good' vibe going on, from what I've seen. I think he believes Forerunner dominance is the only way to safeguard the galaxy

I could be totally wrong

Is there anywhere out there with a good summary of the story? I've been looking around for leaked videos but all i found so far was the intro/ending.

Petrichor

Does anyone know if the pelican flyable in single-player is usable in multiplayer? If not does the falcon or hornet feature? Would be a bit disappointing to only have one flying vehicle in the multiplayer sandbox.

Pitmonkey

The Legendary ending is pretty awesome, I must say.

For anyone that wants to see some screenshots, check this out #Removed

The only people who know spoilers, haveo played the game illegally. This thread should not even exist yet.

What?

I'm not sure if anyone here has played the game but there's numerous streams, YouTube videos and forum posts from people who have, which is where a lot of people are getting their spoilers from.

Do us a favour and get your facts straight before storming into a clearly labelled spoiler thread and demanding people be perma banned.

The only people who know spoilers, have played the game illegally. This thread should not even exist yet.

Take that up with them not us. Information posted in here is from YouTube videos and live streams not from 1st hand gameplay. Maybe you should be banned for derailment of this thread.

What?

I'm not sure if anyone here has played the game but there's numerous streams, YouTube videos and forum posts from people who have, which is where a lot of people are getting their spoilers from.

Do us a favour and get your facts straight before storming into a clearly labelled spoiler thread and demanding people be perma banned.

Very well said

UrbanGrafix

Neo Member
The only people who know spoilers, have played the game illegally. This thread should not even exist yet.

Stop being a bigot and go hide in your cave if you don't want to see spoilers. Hell its a spoiler thread so maybe I won't spoiler my comments just to piss you off.

What?

Oh ofc... the "we saw it on youtube" defence. Never heard that one before.

Karak

I thought there were a ton of QTE from all the posts. Man that was hyperbole to the utmost. Jezuz. No where near even worth mentioning when taken into context within the length of the game.

Damn there are real things to discuss.

Well, it's spoilers and speculations so the latter does no harm.

Honestly, I am a bit surprised we are allowed to talk about leaked content. The devs are probably enraged and rightfully so and I really rather not talk about what I saw last night other than my opinion that what I saw was very impressive. However, I'm kinda weird in that I will often times buy a game after reading a strategy guide, viewing walkthroughs, etc. To me, they help me decide more or less if I want a game and can surely say, I want Halo 4.

Good thing is Spartan Ops, which is pretty much a second campaign in Halo 4, can't be spoiled ahead of time.

Deadly

Just like memories can make a different person.
Kinda like people who come out of a coma and dont remember things before the coma are different persons. Its is a persons memories that defines who they are. In the Ai case the data and subroutines they have created or collected over the years.

She is based off Halsey's brain, yes,but she is her own "person" and she has her own personality.
I did say "essentially" her. If you just take the other brains it's pretty much Vanilla Cortana. At her core her personality is Halsey's since it's implanted in her.

BLAZER

Just a heads up guys, Microsoft IS watching this thread....heh...

What are we suppose to do about it? I'm sure they're looking at many other threads on sites as well. It's their job when something like this leak happens.

Multiplayer and Singleplayer streams are happening as we speak.

UrbanGrafix

Neo Member

Dude all the cutscenes were on Youtube yesterday. I saw the legendary ending and the Didact appearance cutscenes today on Youtube too. Do you still live in 1995?

All the cutscenes weren't on youtube, much gameplay but many cutscenes (most) never found their way onto Youtube.

I've finally seen it all when watching multiple streams and videos (too bad no all in one) but alas no Terminals yet.

Ken

All the cutscenes weren't on youtube, much gameplay but many cutscenes (most) never found their way onto Youtube.

I've finally seen it all when watching multiple streams and videos (too bad no all in one) but alas no Terminals yet.

AFAIK only the
prologue, one terminal, ending, legendary epilogue, snippets of campaign gameplay, and whatever cutscenes were recorded from the Coke-a-Cola stream and re-uploaded
have been on Youtube.

sp3000

Grow a pair. It's spoilers thread and it's going to have spoilers in it.

There are at least two in the first level alone, and that's not counting the gimmicky scripted crawling sequence mixed with additional QTE-like bits.

For shame 343. Talk about totally missing what makes Halo different from other games.

UrbanGrafix

Neo Member
AFAIK only the
prologue, one terminal, ending, legendary epilogue, snippets of campaign gameplay, and whatever cutscenes were recorded from the Coke-a-Cola stream and re-uploaded
have been on Youtube.

The Jul Mdama terminal doesn't count as it was released officially.

shut the fuck up and get out of here with that bullshit. Youtube exists, justin.tv exists. livestream exists. There's a million different ways to find out and see what goes down in this game. If anyone should be banned it here it should be you for accusing others of doing something they haven't done.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

Get a fucking clue. I know plenty of spoilers, have done so for months. I started this thread. You want to blindly accuse of me of something illegal? Go right ahead. I know exactly what I have and haven't done, I don't need some backseat mod taking potshots and making stupid baseless accusation about me or others here.

If you have even a shred of proof go inform the forum mods or admins and leave the folks here alone.

picture of
the librarian
for those interested:

Much more in keeping with what I thought the forerunners might look like

I like that a lot. She really does look forerunner.

For anyone who hasn't read the Greg Bear books, the forerunners have a sort of caste system. The Didact was genetically engineered to be a warrior so that's why he looks different and fairly ugly compared to the librarian. Despite that they still both look like the same species

Can someone explain what is happening in the ending?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs5y8we1nQA SPOILERS
Who is talking? Who is the didact?

Too me its the didact talking. And the text attacking humanity and that perserving them was a huge mistake and that they are not ready/weak to take on the Mantle like the forerunners have done before.

picture of
the librarian
for those interested:

Much more in keeping with what I thought the forerunners might look like

Thanks for sharing. 343 redeemed for forerunner designs. Would be even better if they called prometheans something different in the game. Maybe the books will reveal more info on it.

Top Bottom