• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians Beta Thread | Hot Red on Blue Action

BraXzy

I really like Clamber. It feels dead natural and fluid. Super early to tell what overall effect it has on combat/map flow but I like the feel at least.

Thrust is alright but feels kinda cheap. Ground pound sucks.

Doesn't even feel like a Halo game anymore. The movement is ridiculous. Sprint, jump, boost, jump then boost, levitate in the air while aiming then boost.

That's not Halo man.

Halo's a lot of different things to a lot of different people. I don't think being a slow, floaty and clunky Spartan is what makes Halo, Halo. Movement in Halo 5 feels modern and fun.

Halo 5 still has a long TTK, team shooting and the trifecta of guns, grenades and melee. There's still a weapon sandbox. There's still power weapon control. And now the pistol can even destroy.

That's Halo to me.

Noobcraft

10 games played, 8 games won.
150 Kills 83 deaths and 46 assists.

So far I'm liking it. I'm calling it a night though. The callouts in the maps are seriously impressive, the chatter between the Spartans is very well done. There are some weapon balance issues (AR is very accurate at mid range, SMG is OP at short to mid range, BR feels weak, etc.) but I have had a pretty positive experience so far.

Sai

Halo's a lot of different things to a lot of different people. I don't think being a slow, floaty and clunky Spartan is what makes Halo, Halo. Movement in Halo 5 feels modern and fun.

Halo 5 still has a long TTK, team shooting and the trifecta of guns, grenades and melee. There's still a weapon sandbox. There's still power weapon control. And now the pistol can even destroy.

That's Halo to me.
Thank you.

Some folks here have a very constrained view of what ultimately defines Halo.

Compsiox

Banned
As long as there is big team battle I'm fine with the changes.

If there is no big team battle I'm buying this from the bargain bin.

Septic360

Banned
Really frustrating that every time a game ends in stuck in the searching player lobby. I have to quit the game and start again.

That's Halo to me.

The more changes they make to the movement the less those things matter. Long TTK will be negated by being able to sprint and boost away from anyone shooting you. A good grenade throw is not as important now that a player can boost away from it. ADS makes the balance between short and long range weapons blurred to the point that the AR can take you out from a distance unheard of in any other Halo games.

Played several matches. I absolutely adore it. Its like Halo mixed with some of the mobility of Titanfall. Absolutely terrific so far.

Its plays much, much faster than any previous Halo, so I could see people on GAF torching it, but I love it.

Dynasty8

The more I play it, the more I like it. Definitely takes some getting used to but the game overall is awesome.

Teams who work together can be unstoppable.

Compsiox

Banned
Played several matches. I absolutely adore it. Its like Halo mixed with some of the mobility of Titanfall. Absolutely terrific so far.

Its plays much, much faster than any previous Halo, so I could see people on GAF torching it, but I love it.

Most of Gaf hasn't played it yet. We are just too awesome for them to handle.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Really frustrating that every time a game ends in stuck in the searching player lobby. I have to quit the game and start again.

Totally understand. Just bear in mind this is a real beta. Very different from the rebranded demos the average player is accustomed to. We appreciate your patience and we definitely appreciate any and all constructive feedback on your experience

That's Halo to me.

Great post. Just need to nerf that SMG.

Iceman829

Is this a joke post? Being upset about MMC makes sense. Being upset about an early beta does not...

I'm just saying they are having the same matchmaking issues with 2 different teams on 2 different games. They need to address what is causing this across their games. I played 3 games and they were 3v4, 3,4, 3v4 with a server crash. I decided to step away from the game because I wasn't having fun getting squatted on as soon as I spawned by enemies. The only feedback I have about the game is the matchmaking needs to be fixed just like MCC. With less than a year to launch and their prior game releasing with serious issues this has me worried. It doesn't matter if it's a beta. This needs to be fixed before it plagues the series any further.

BraXzy

Well that went better than expected :)

My lucky streak keeps on going it seems!

Totally understand. Just bear in mind this is a real beta. Very different from the rebranded demos the average player is accustomed to. We appreciate your patience and we definitely appreciate any and all constructive feedback on your experience

For an actually early, rough beta, I have few complaints so well done guys! :)

Wow. The times to kill in this are so low. I dont approve of it at all.

343 better never fix the master chief collection if they want halo fans to get onboard with halo 5.

The map I saw also looks straight out of call of duty. Corridor maze inviting plenty of shot in the back moments and discouraging control. Great.

JdFoX187

Banned
So what are matchmaking times like? I've been sitting in the screen for going on 20 minutes and can't seem to find anyone. I restart the search every so often, but nothing.

...not really digging the theme. Sounds like something from We Were Soldiers or Saving Private Ryan than Halo.

Haven't played Halo in years, so this ought to be interesting.

Edit: Already someone being verbally obnoxious. Through Kinect it sounds like.

Wow. The times to kill in this are so low. I dont approve of it at all.

343 better never fix the master chief collection if they want halo fans to get onboard with halo 5.

So this game has a long TTK as well?

Ugh, so I'm sticking to SWAT in Halo 5 too then it seems.

Lol.

The map I saw also looks straight out of call of duty. Corridor maze inviting plenty of shot in the back moments and discouraging control. Great.

Empire is all about control. It has a huge open center area, it's basically a doughnut. Truth is honestly not much different in structure. And apparently neither does Regret. This beta has at least 3 Midships as far as I can tell. Maybe even 4, since I heard someone mention Empire at night.

...and its not recognizing that I have entry. Just keeps telling ke to come back the 29th even though I have redeemed both tokens :/

Lame

Septic360

Banned

Cheers mate. Thought others should know. Please excuse any expletives i use on my twitch channel.

Back out before you hit the searching player lobby. Then search again. I believe that's what Ninja has been doing.

I'll deffo try this. Cheers.

Btw now it's stuck on a loading screen for AGES. It's found all players.

darthbob

No viewers makes me a saaaad panda :(

Http://Twitch.tv/user/BraXzy

I'd watch, but this is the screen I get.

Na6YNNf.jpg

FatMarshall

Neo Member
So I just ran into a major bug where my weapon reticule was missing. I could scope, and I saw that wide box-looking thing when I sprinted, but the standard, non-scoping reticule was just gone, for the entire game.

Oh, and why aren't my ground pounds working? I jump from a platform on top of an enemy, yet I simply can't ground pound.

Top Bottom