• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians Beta Thread | Hot Red on Blue Action

Boo, my code isn't working. Come back on the 29th huh? OH YEAH? WELL WE'LL SEE ABOUT THAT FRANKLES

Did you put in the second code? Need both to work.

Can't get into a match. People are either getting dropped, get sick of waiting and leave, dropping out on their own and thus resetting the process, or things are just timing out. Is this what people were talking about with MCC?

Played 5 matches so far and I am actually enjoying it. It definetly has the halo feel but it's different. I like the guns a lot and the AR once you get used to it can be a beast.

The high fives at the end of the matches are fucking corny and really should be taken out of the game. Other then that I like it!

Also how are some of you now getting into matches? I have manged 4 vs. 4 for 5 straight games pretty fast. So much faster then the MCC.

Head.spawn

maps seem odd

like, power weapons are there which was the biggest flaw that h4 had but it almost feels like the weapons are inconsequential because the maps aren't made for them

idk, just my vibe from watching

I can't agree with this at all.

You're saying the sword isn't a dominating weapon to have on Truth? When there is a corner you need to check every two feet? I just went 15/3 on there, I was 2/3 when I got the sword and once I picked up the Battle Rifle, it was a rap. In the closing 4 minutes of the round another sword popped up that my team got ahold of also.

I also whored the hell out of the sniper rifle on Empire and was promptly cutdown by a sniper when I didn't pick it up.

They are definitely being utilized.

Oozer3993

Dear Matchmaking Gods,

Please stop teaming me up with people who, to judge by their performance, could be reasonably replaced with a house cat. And please stop matching up against players who could reasonably take on an in their prime Team Carbon.

Thanks,

Oozer

JdFoX187

Banned
Forty-five minutes searching and nothing. Tried restarting matchmaking, restarting the game and restarting the Xbox One. Anyone have any ideas?

Dear Matchmaking Gods,

Please stop teaming me up with people who, to judge by their performance, could be reasonably replaced with a house cat. And please stop matching up against players who could reasonably take on an in their prime Team Carbon.

Thanks,

Oozer

:lol that bad?

Played one round, went 4-15 and spent more time fighting the controls than I did fighting the opposition. Damn you Bread for making me think Bumper Jumper was a good idea

Cru

Game is a ton of fun and playing against people who look like this is their first time picking up a controller helps.

Head.spawn

I don't know if it'll help for you, but mine was stuck at 84% for about twenty minutes, then bumped up to 86% for 10 minutes. I got tired of waiting, so I paused it, waited for it to do it's thing, then started the process again and it finished up the rest in several minutes. Maybe give that a shot.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Dear Matchmaking Gods,

Thanks,

Oozer

meow

The final game will be 1080P right?? Because right now this beta looks worse than Halo 2 Anniversary or even Destiny. I played like three rounds and the second map on the beta(the one not from the OG Halo) looked very jaggy and almost blurry in some spots. I know it's a beta but I'm surprised it looks so rough.

The audio though is great. I love the hit register sound effect and the little sounds after you get a kill is a nice touch.

LOL! What the hell?

tumblr_mvj9n2YhH11r4sj1co6_500.gif

That response, has me still laughing.

I actually think the TTK is really good where it is. With the added mobility, if they lengthened TTK it would get really frustrating quickly. People would be able to escape death way too often.

I think if I line you up and get 5 good shots on your with the BR, you should go down. TTK with the assault rifle seems good to me too.

BraXzy

Life. We were super close to catching up right at the end of our second to last match, it was like 48 - 44.. I had the sword, I was behind three of them who were facing away.. I go to do an epic triple kill to pull it back.

Derp. I threw a grenade at the first guys back instead. GG.

Newlove

It's early days obviously but I hope the menus look better. The armour is real low res as well but I'm 99% sure these will be improved, just putting it out there.

Top Bottom