• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians Beta Thread | Hot Red on Blue Action

Jarrod38

Wow talk about some bad spawns on Truth for me. I would get spawned basically right next to the enemy with the sword and could not do anything at all. That happened to me twice and was like screw that.

JimiNutz

Banned
Really liking it so far.
Doesn't feel like Halo at first but once you get into it the game definitely starts to feel like good old Halo... Just faster and sleeker.

The smart scope stuff was my biggest concern going in and I've barely used it so pleased that it doesn't seem that necessary.

Need to remember to use the thrusters more often though.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Just got invited to the preview program for some reason.

Is it just inviting everyone that has beta access this weekend?

Been averaging around a 4.0KD. Come at me, John.

This game feels really good right now. I'm loving it. Only thing I can see souring it is poor map design.

THANK YOU TO WHOEVER INVITED ME TO THE PREVIEW PROGRAM TODAY OR YESTERDAY!!!!

I just got my XBL Message saying I was accepted for the preview program. I registered and an currently in "EnrollPending" status. Contacted Microsoft's Customer Support about the beta and they said that I will receive a beta code as soon as my registration completes :)

Really liking it so far.
Doesn't feel like Halo at first but once you get into it the game definitely starts to feel like good old Halo... Just faster and sleeker.

The smart scope stuff was my biggest concern going in and I've barely used it so pleased that it doesn't seem that necessary.

Need to remember to use the thrusters more often though.

Thrusters have definitely been the thing I am trying to adjust to the most. They can be amazing in a pinch.

Nori Chan

NsBLzPv.jpg

y no perfection medal 343?

Also I recorded it but beta clips don't save?

RBK

Banned
The graphic potential is there, but it honestly doesn't look better than H4(X1 or 360) right now. 720p could have a lot to do with it.

Karak

Wow. There is a lot more here than I thought there would be for me to like. I didn't feel like it was exactly Halo. Somethign was off but now after a bit...its Halo man. Its fucking Halo but quicker and it feels more precise. Just loving it to bits now. Wow.

First game down. Walked away with a .4 kd and the gamewinning kill. Really enjoyed it! New movement options are taking some getting used to, admittedly, but still fun.

BraXzy

I really wish MCC had launched flawlessly, so I could have had a month of nostalgic play time, familiarising myself with the Halo we know and love. I haven't played the series in awhile and only squeezed in a few dozen games on MCC.

It'd have helped me make a better judgement on how this beta compares. It does feel faster and sleeker overall though from first impressions.

Really enjoying the limited preview beta, can't wait for the real one! I was hesitant at first but when it came down to the shooting mechanics its still that happy ol halo feeling. Its awesome with 60fps and the game feels better and more responsive for it. Getting a ground pound kill was so satisfying, heh.

I really like the ability to run surprisingly. It's very balanced with the fact that if you do run, you will not regen the shield when its down.

Some things I don't like are the battle chatter, it's a bit too much for me. Maybe they'll adjust it down the road. Sometimes the announcer says some really silly things as well. The end of the game celebration is very cheesy as well, but in the end the game play feels great.

zlatko

Banned
So no way to get into this now without this Xbox preview thing that no one heard about until yesterday?

*sigh*

You know what would've been a good gesture instead of a month of gold, a map, and ODST?

Letting us into the beta early since we really can't play MCC anyway. :/

Top Bottom