• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians Beta Thread | Hot Red on Blue Action

RBK

Banned
Bumper Jumper does suck, want the Thruster Pack to work similarly to how it does in AW.

Glad to see SS is toggle and not hold like some members stated.

EDIT: None of the controls offer that, so Bump and Jump it is.

RBK

Banned
Also how do you pull of the Ground Pound? I can start the animation no problem, but it cancels out all the time.

I'm guessing a white reticle means it can be completed?

ryan299

I hope they give the option for custom controls. I want to switch some things around.

As for the beta it's okay. They need to tweak some things. Smg and ar are way too powerful. BR doesn't feel right. Also grenade throwing is weird. It's like this little sissy toss. Its terrible

Spawns in Truth are bad. TTK is way too short. Not a fan
Clambering has to go. Constantly getting flanked and killed from behind with it.

Celestia

OT: I thought the preview program took forever to get into. I asked my friend yesterday for an invite and got the message today.

FatMarshall

Neo Member
I wish they would trash this point ranking system and just bring back experience points from Halo 3. So much simpler, yet it discouraged people from leaving games knowing they would forfeit an EXP point.

Sean

Banned
Played two matches, one on each map. I'm adjusting to the new abilities and controls but it's quite fun.

My favorite new addition is the team chatter stuff. They call out enemy positions, power weapon respawns, and even stuff like "watch the nade spam" which has been helpful. So even if nobody on your team is using their mic or whatever, you still feel like there's great communication going on and know everything that's happening around you. More games should do this.

ShogunX

vnR7lr.gif

Yep it's Halo.

Played two matches, one on each map. I'm adjusting to the new abilities and controls but it's quite fun.

My favorite new addition is the team chatter stuff. They call out enemy positions, power weapon respawns, and even stuff like "watch the nade spam" which has been helpful. So even if nobody on your team is using their mic or whatever, you still feel like there's great communication going on and know everything that's happening around you. More games should do this.

Team chat got such unbridled hatred here before anyone even tried it out. I don't get it personally. Anyway, now that I've experienced it, I can say that it's actually great. Love that it has filled the gap of online silence which most games are plagued by now. I hated playing MCC and not having people call out weapons and/or positions.

Cutebrute

Between this and the ODST news, this is a pretty good day for 343 and Halo fans alike. I haven't been able to keep on all the news or streams, but is there any footage for Covenant weapons in this beta phase? I really want to see things like the plasma pistol in action.

R3TRODYCE

Wish I was off tomorrow so I could really dig in. I like that it feels like Halo but fresh at the same time, 343i did good.

I say this as somebody who went in as neutral as I could be. Immediate first impression: I fucking hate it. It's amazingly tone deaf of 343 to, knowing that at least a portion of their fanbase is concerned about this, make the default controls Call of Duty. Yeah way to win em over on that ADS introduction, 343 - move it from right stick.

Anyway, right now I think it sucks. ADS absolutely is Call of Duty style, the damn DMR scope takes up like 3/4 of the screen. I'm already tired of the Spartans call outs, and their high giving at the end is just like...god, all they need is cans of Mt. Dew.

Rembrandt

Banned
This is so much fun. I haven't played halo in a long time so I have to get readjusted, but I'm having a blast. I'm sold. I gotta pick up the MCC soon.

Top Bottom