• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Guardians: #huntthetruth

RoKKeR

Another "weird" thing to note is that Chief has a pistol reticule when he is walking around with his AR out. A discrepancy similar to Locke's BR/DMR thing?

Edit: Repost for top of page:

DamagedLazyInexpectatumpleco.gif

Could just be missteps in the creation of the trailer but I don't know, seems weird.

Could be anywhere, (though Reach is unlikely due to the whole glassing thing). Dude saved the galaxy, there's gonna be statues of him everywhere.

Naw. The beta had 2 bars too; the bottom one is a "time to shield recharge" meter.
Reach's Legendary ending had shown that Reach recovered. Although, I'm not sure how many years later that was.

btags

Different set of circumstances leading up to confrontation. In one, Chief's statue takes a beating and they meet later in the day. In the other, Chief's statue is unscathed, and the conflict is earlier.

Or, more likely, the two scenes are entirely metaphorical. Locke's statue is intact because he considers the Chief to be intact, the Infinity is more heavily damaged because he sees the threat to the UNSC as larger, and it's earlier in the day because he's still early in his career.

In the Chief's scene, the statue is missing part of its head because Chief feels incomplete now that Cortana is dead.

I'd guess they are not two different times of day or something because the shadows are in the same position.

Computer

May be a dumb question. If they could create clones why did they need to kidnap John? Cant they just use the clone?

Also where is the ADS?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Another "weird" thing to note is that Chief has a pistol reticule when he is walking around with his AR out. A discrepancy similar to Locke's BR/DMR thing?

There is no crosshair. AKA, it's just a generic reticle.

blamite

So we're going back to Halo CE shield/life combo?

Cool.

It's the same system H2-4 had, where your shield recharges, and then your health recharges more slowly underneath it. The only difference is you can see the health bar now whereas it was previously invisible.

The flash clones have a very short shelf life. They could do a regular cloning process, but IIRC there are problems with that as well.

No that's why they didn't use clones instead as soldiers. The process was impossible to have perfect results. Something like an 87% dementia, muscle issues, etc rate.

EDIT: "82 percent rate of dementia, schizophrenia, and cancers in the recipient brain." Halsey's journal

oןɐɥ# ɥʇnɹʇǝɥʇʇunɥ# ˙ʎɹoʇs ʎɹǝʌǝ oʇ sǝpıs oʍʇ ǝɹɐ ǝɹǝɥʇ

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Shocking really. From the beta, the game needed A LOT of work. Makes me worried to be honest, especially for the readiness of its multiplayer. I would rather have it later with more time if it means a better title. But yeah, 343 doesn't have a reputation for listening to fan feedback...

Why the fuck did you post this trolling shit in both threads?

I gotta say, I think the second ad with Chief speaking is quite a bit better than the first with Locke. Something about the way Lockes actor speaks makes it come across as kinda hammy. Steve Downes sounds great though, and it's probably the most emotive we've heard him as the character.

Still, looking forward to seeing what Locke is about.

SpartanN92

Banned
First chief is evil Oni clone chief, second is the real chief finding Locke later.

Now I'll bite that it seems more likely now that Johns clone survived at least into his teen years (the soundcloud thing was really good).... Is it possible he was the only clone to actually survive? And was this second clone abducted by ONI as well? It sounded to me either that he was killed by indies or maybe became one?

I highly doubt that his clone also became a spartan

Trago

I gotta say, I think the second ad with Chief speaking is quite a bit better than the first with Locke. Something about the way Lockes actor speaks makes it come across as kinda hammy. Steve Downes sounds great though, and it's probably the most emotive we've heard him as the character.

Still, looking forward to seeing what Locke is about.

I recall him being pretty emotive in Halo CE.

Bsigg12

First to himself (his statue, rather), then to Locke at the end.

EDIT: Same as the Locke ad, really. First speak to the statue, then to the man at the base.

Who says it's to himself? Who's to say there isn't an AI onboard or he's in contact with someone.

I could legitimately see it being Halsey he's talking to.

Now I'll bite that it seems more likely now that Johns clone survived at least into his teen years (the soundcloud thing was really good).... Is it possible he was the only clone to actually survive? And was this second clone abducted by ONI as well? It sounded to me either that he was killed by indies or maybe became one?

I took it that either
A) John was just so good even his clone was able to live into his teens
or
B) ONI is deliberately planting fake people for the interviewer to find to cultivate a story

malfcn

I'm curious, because I have no idea what the hell is going on with the location of the clips. But hyped. Some kind of dual/duel campaign?

How much longer until we know what is in the LE and CE?

Bsigg12

It's possible, but like I said it would mirror the Locke ad more closely if he starts out speaking to the statue.

The Locke one seems much more focused on seeing Chief as a bad guy where as the Chief one, Locke is just a part of it and not the main reason for those initial comments. Now that Killer brought that up, the question of who chief is talking to, it does seem like Chief is talking to someone else entirely, whether directly or just as a monologue.

Alright so just watched both trailers (didn't even realize there was two) and wow....wtf is going on? lol.

Edit: ads - Thanks Grazzt...you are correct as it clearly states that in the title of both (herp derp).

Eoin

I think they're trying to suggest there is something special about chief that allows his clones to survive longer than normal. The start of Halo 4 with Oni and Halsey is all about trying to replace chief. Maybe they created a new clone after his presumed death and turned it into a Spartan. Clones we know develop all sorts of mental illnesses. I think their "brilliant" plan to replace chief ends up backfiring when he goes off the deep end.

Compsiox

Banned
Wow! I'm loving this. This is becoming more interesting than any Halo after 2. I can't wait to see whats in store for October (or BTB beta).

Top Bottom