• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Strider

Yeah I attempted a few times, I was no where near. Pretty fun little mini-game of sorts to do while you watch.

Edit: Damn, he straight up quits the build if Riptide pops up :3

I hate it when streamers do this. Just encourages others to do the same.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
2 games in a row of 3v4. Then a loss to a team of onyx and plats. Then another terrible game that I finally quit out of. Immediately banned. GG 343. Perhaps doge would like to give me some more brilliant advice.

I love you too.

So I just wanted to check out MCC. Never encountered this before.

http://xboxclips.com/Defective+2/d54b5cfc-29c2-4678-859f-8872c7f2141b
Oh you must have the "Screw You" skull activitaed lol. Finish the game with positive K/D and you get all the reqs from common to legendary unlocked immediately.

EDIT:
I love you too.
heh yeah when I'm pissed off I tend to rub people the wrong way. My wife says i'm grumpy :)

Don't know if you saw this, but just in case you didn't:
I've calmed down a bit after having a not so great stretch of unbalanced games. Sorry for being so sour earlier. Though it is a tad frustrating when I feel like I'm finally coming back into form only to be consistently put on uneven teams or matched against higher levels. My map knowledge is still hurting me too.

EDIT: And apologies for being snarky to Doge

Yeah I attempted a few times, I was no where near. Pretty fun little mini-game of sorts to do while you watch.

Edit: Damn, he straight up quits the build if Riptide pops up :3

I don't quit, but if something was close to justifiable it's quitting on Riptide.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Oh you must have the "Screw You" skull activitaed lol. Finish the game with positive K/D and you get all the reqs from common to legendary unlocked immediately.

EDIT:

heh yeah when I'm pissed off I tend to rub people the wrong way. My wife says i'm grumpy :)

Don't know if you saw this, but just in case you didn't:

I know. I never took offense. I understand that people can be frustrated. Happens to the best of us.

I know. I never took offense. I understand that people can be frustrated. Happens to the best of us.
PycPKx2.jpg

Me too. Just think, we could have had high five REQs. The dream.

I wouldn't complain at a toggle to activate dudebro end cutscenes.
now that would have been hilarious. i'm just envisioning a bunch of punk cards where a spartan fakes a high five and then takes his hand back.

But, it's been fixed!

Say's every ignorant Halo/343i fan who doesn't know what they are talking about.

But its not launch day broken anymore either. just an even middle ground now where 343i can wash their hands of it.

Shame Halo 2 anniversary is attached to that, wish they went with their original idea (H2A separate with "The War Collection" being a LE upgrade)

jem0208

I don't mind Riptide that much. I'd pick it over both Overgrowth and Pegasus.
I quite enjoy playing on Riptide. It's a room based map which I quite like but it also has some long sightlines and the weapon selection isn't completely awful (though the fuel rod could be changed) unlike Overgrowth.

Madness

But its not launch day broken anymore either. just an even middle ground now where 343i can wash their hands of it.

Shame Halo 2 anniversary is attached to that, wish they went with their original idea (H2A separate with "The War Collection" being a LE upgrade)

H2A really didn't get its full use. Look at Shrine as a map, maps like Stonetown and Bloodline better than anything we have for BTB in H5. Vehicle assets like Hornet etc.

H2A really didn't get its full use. Look at Shrine as a map, maps like Stonetown and Bloodline better than anything we have for BTB in H5. Vehicle assets like Hornet etc.

Yeah definitely, H2A had allot of care put into it but its disregarded as trash now since its tied to the MCC.

It was just a terrible idea to make H2A and the MCC 1 thing. all games should've been either separated or the original idea I stated above.

Yeah definitely, H2A had allot of care put into it but its disregarded as trash now since its tied to the MCC.

It was just a terrible idea to make H2A and the MCC 1 thing. all games should've been either separated or the original idea I stated above.

The original ideia from 343 was what you said?
It really would have been better.
H2A is great but could have better loading times.

Edit: 343 could create a button to report people from quitting early. Or MS could associate the reports with the game, because I report them from quitting early but they don't the data associated with my report, so it could just be a rant report or something like that.

The original idea from 343 was what you said?
It really would have been better.
H2A is great but could have better loading times.

From what I recall the "War Collection" would've been just an LE (Legendary/Limited Edition) upgrade, H2A would've been standard and separate.

Somewhere along the line though they decided to mash it all up into 1 giant mess, The MCC needed time it didn't have and we got the end result.

It's a shame. What bothers me is that 343 gets the hate and it was most probably MS decision to make MCC has it is and not give the appropriate time.

Trup1aya

Tell me about it. It kinda sucks that emblems aren't just a thing you have to pick from. At least a lot of them are still tied to challenges.

Yeah, I'm cool with some being tied to commendations, but putting them in the req system is nothing other than a shallow way to lengthen the grind...

It's far easier than making minute differences between armor permutations or reskinning weapons and tweaking their attributes

Some guy is gonna donate $50 to snipedown to get him out of diamond.

Eric is becoming a Halo hooker D:

It ain't trickin if you got it

Makes you wonder how they game might have fared if MS had given them another 6 months. Might have needed another year though.
$5-10 per game (7 Halo games, including Halo Wars, excluding H2A), released individually over the course of ____ months. At the end of this period, a bundle that includes all Halo games with a beta to H5
and Crackdown 3
for $50.

It could have been exciting.

343 could put a percentage of players playing in each playlist, so I could know what playlist i can play at 3am on Europe :(

Yep, a simple traffic light colour would suffice, low medium high. Done. Also while that's getting patched in they should add country flags to player gamercards/emblems and a host icon for the dedi-selected country

Very NOOB question but how do I know I'm done with the bronze REQ pack? I'd say 2/3 I buy one I get 500 REQ points back. I'm not done yet right?

Thanks guys.

Yep, a simple traffic light colour would suffice, low medium high. Done. Also while that's getting patched in they should add country flags to player gamercards/emblems and a host icon for the dedi-selected country

I don't think they want us to know in wich dedi we are playing lol

Very NOOB question but how do I know I'm done with the bronze REQ pack? I'd say 2/3 I buy one I get 500 REQ points back. I'm not done yet right?

Thanks guys.
Yes once you get req points back you're done.

Bronze is 500 back
Silver is 2500 or 3000 (I forgot)
Gold is 6000

you can also go to your halo 5 service record on halowaypoint and sort the reqs by common quality. It will show what you have out of the available reqs

26/26 helmets
26/26 armor
7/7 visors
21/21 emblems
2/2 stance
2/2 assassinations
2/2 armor mods
12/12 assault rifle loadouts
7/7 battle rifle loadouts
11/11 power weapons certs
15/15 vehicle certs
1/1 power up

That's most of them if not all of them

clav

Probably someone has noticed already.

Why does the settings menu have 3 tabs but only two are available?

Controller + Audio/Video

What's the third option?

Edit: All the other main menus in Spartan Hub have three options. Hm. Maybe just a visual bug.

Probably someone has noticed already.

Why does the settings menu have 3 tabs but only two are available?

Controller + Audio/Video

What's the third option?

Edit: All the other main menus in Spartan Hub have three options. Hm. Maybe just a visual bug.

The third tab is where you toggle on post-game medals, you can't reach it but it's there to taunt all of us.

Will we hear anything about the Forge playlist this week? Just saw this for Rocket League and it sprung up that disappointment again:

09ae0ef61303cce1f09ae0e1e2b87e45.png

Just need to keep telling
/tricking
myself that this is ground zero for a new generation of Halo. The future is bright. They won't take this long with future Halo titles because we're experiencing the growing pains now. Future Halo titles won't take this long to see a simple social Forge playlist or a fun Action Sack playlist or this or that or zzzzzzzz because this is ground zero. Ground zero. The future is bright. Stay positive, H5's gameplay is great. Stay positive. Stay positive.
Stay positive.
._.

JackHerer

I generally like Empire as a map but right now it's ruined by the ubiquitous storm rifles. They need to tweak that somehow because it leads to trashy gameplay.

Don't necessarily need to nerf it, they could just tweak the respawn times or even put just one on the map in a more central location further away from where players spawn.

Top Bottom